Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I think it's important to kinda go back and review - LE was pretty tight-lipped, and many of us speculated that was because she was a runaway or they knew where she was, or at least knew enough to know not to be too concerned. Same with dad. Not a ton of updates throughout, not a ton of MSM involvement. It seems like those assumptions made by posters here were correct.

Same with the idea many posters stated that a 16-yr-old would never intentionally leave her phone behind, and foul play was likely for that reason. It seems like Alexis did intentionally leave her phone behind after all.

That’s awesome news . The father’ plea definitely got people worried!
I think it's important to kinda go back and review - LE was pretty tight-lipped, and many of us speculated that was because she was a runaway or they knew where she was, or at least knew enough to know not to be too concerned. Same with dad. Not a ton of updates throughout, not a ton of MSM involvement. It seems like those assumptions made by posters here were correct.

Same with the idea many posters stated that a 16-yr-old would never intentionally leave her phone behind, and foul play was likely for that reason. It seems like Alexis did intentionally leave her phone behind after all.
yes, I agree ... this opened my eyes up a little more .

Anytime a thread ends and it doesn’t conclude with a body bag and a toe tag it is a good conclusion. Alexis is one of the lucky ones. She gets another chance at being an adult someday. Most threads involving missing teens don’t end up as positive.

Wishing Alexis and her family good days ahead.

amateur opinion and speculation

Amen.

Anytime a thread ends and it doesn’t conclude with a body bag and a toe tag it is a good conclusion. Alexis is one of the lucky ones. She gets another chance at being an adult someday. Most threads involving missing teens don’t end up as positive.

This is not a case of being lucky. You make it sound like she was in great danger. She left on her own accord and came back by herself. That is a big difference.

The more cases I see the more I am convinced experience (being an adult) has nothing to do with it. So age for me is just a number.

How wonderful, to wake up to the news that LEXI is Home and SAFE!!

GOOD MORNING and thank *you* fellow WS'ers! Thank you all for jumping in with your smarts and caring hearts! (Lol, I didn't intend that little rhyme but Ok, cool!)
Once again, its awesome to see WS members come together here and make such a difference!
And as you know, it's not every day that our cases end this way. I'm grateful for Lexi's safety, for all of you! and for another day to appreciate and celebrate life!

Bless you all and have a great day!

This is not a case of being lucky. You make it sound like she was in great danger. She left on her own accord and came back by herself. That is a big difference.

The more cases I see the more I am convinced experience (being an adult) has nothing to do with it. So age for me is just a number.
Can you give a source stating that she came back by herself? Her father didn't put it that way.

100% agree! I'm glad she is home safe. Everything else is fixable.

Can you give a source stating that she came back by herself? Her father didn't put it that way.
Her father stated that "Lexi has been recovered..." which to me sounds like Lexi was convinced by LE who found her to go back home........... or was taken by LE from wherever she was staying back to her home.
Either way, great outcome. But it would still be interesting to hear what happened. It could help us in other similar cases.

i feel as if runaways are also in great danger. in this case it sounds as if she may have been w a bf (or gf) and possibly dad was a little strict so she fled (could totally be wrong) but if that isnt the case i always worry.

I've been on this board for years, but often stay away for months at a time cause it's sooooo sad to read about children, especially girls disappear knowing more than likely what their fate will be. Words cannot describe how happy I am. My daughter literally came into my room to update me, cause she too follows missing person and recalls me playing the YouTube interviews with the dad and sister. Glad to have a happy ending, now let's bring everyone else home!

It's more accurate to say that a 16 year old girl is unlikely to be without a phone. In the vast majority of cases of missing teens, it's known exactly where they are and they are in little too no physical danger. Cases that make it to websleuths on the other hand are more often than not ones with suspicious circumstances. This one is interesting because at this point it feels like the dad gamed the system a little bit to make this bigger than it was.

It's more accurate to say that a 16 year old girl is unlikely to be without a phone. In the vast majority of cases of missing teens, it's known exactly where they are and they are in little too no physical danger. Cases that make it to websleuths on the other hand are more often than not ones with suspicious circumstances. This one is interesting because at this point it feels like the dad gamed the system a little bit to make this bigger than it was.
Respectfully, I came away with the exact opposite feeling about the dad when I watched the video posted by @indicolite22 . I felt like Lexi's dad was an amazing advocate for his (likely runaway) daughter. Maybe because I have a just-turned-17 year old daughter. Even if she went "voluntarily" there is a huge chance she isn't in a safe situation - I'm going to guess groomed by an older adult. I think her dad is amazing and I wish every since child/teen on WS had a parent that advocated for their missing child the way her dad did. 16 is a hard age, the brain isn't fully developed - especially the frontal cortex - the decision-making part. And a bad decision could have turned out so much worse.

Plus, it appears it was a kinship adoption so there may already be some early life trauma (MOO!). This might make her especially vulnerable and vulnerable teens groomed by older men often wind up in a trafficking-type situation. All in all I'm so happy she is home.

ETA - I didn't find monitoring her cell or apps to be overly controlling or intrusive (unlike Maddie Bell). She clearly had the freedom to work outside her home and he went to bed before she got in. I think in this day and age, if you don't monitor your teens online activities, to some extent, it's negligent.

Last edited:
If her father knew early on who she was with, wouldn't they have recovered her immediately?

Maybe because I have a just-turned-17 year old daughter. Even if she went "voluntarily" there is a huge chance she isn't in a safe situation - I'm going to guess groomed by an older adult... and vulnerable teens groomed by older men often wind up in a trafficking-type situation. All in all I'm so happy she is home.
It is absolutely understandable that you think this way God bless you but it is just not remotely accurate, statistically. Yes, teenage girls are usually with older "men" in their late teens or early 20s but nearly always they are also more or less sincerely trying to play house with her. In cases of actual grooming with intent to traffic, the signs should be obvious that a girl is associating with criminal types and those kind of young men juggle lots of girls which should also be obvious to an involved parent. I don't really watch videos related to cases because I prefer to make factual evaluations rather than rely too much on my intuition especially where my posting on this site is concerned.

If her father knew early on who she was with, wouldn't they have recovered her immediately?
Not necessarily. In most states including Texas it is an affirmative defense to claim that you are interfering with custody of a minor who was fleeing the commission or attempted commission of family violence and the girl will almost always claim this to be the case. The definition of "attempted commission of family violence" is extremely vague and law enforcement has a lot of leeway to evaluate on a case by case basis where this is concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back