Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ilovematt, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

There was moral panic that children and teens were eating Tide pods (the brightly colored gel packs). To the extent that Tide took out ads saying not to eat them and put warning labels on the canisters. But there was never actually anyone eating them! It was just hoax videos from teens.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Thanks, @Alethea! And just when I thought it could not get worse, I learned about the cheerleading mom creating "deepfake" nudes to harass and attempt to edge out her daughter's competition. Mom was charged last week for cyber-harassment.

bluenoser, NoSI, Marg from Oz and 9 others like this.
  3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

i never heard about the choking game, but unlike tie pods that are, I assume, not fun to eat, there are certain mechanisms that might be pleasant in oxygen deprivation. Even Wikipedia describes them. Their big article is rather telling.

Marg from Oz, misgrn, Alethea and 2 others like this.
  4. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Tide Pod Challenge?
    @Seattle1 FWIW in US over a several yr period, there were six deaths from ingesting laundry pods and ER treatment of thousands, but mostly younger children.*
    Tide Pod Challenge: "Teenagers were the reported demographic participating in the challenge; they would record themselves chewing and gagging on pods and then daring others to do the same."*

:rolleyes:Gee, teenagers recording themselves being stupid and posting it on soc media. :rolleyes: Whoddathunkit?:rolleyes: j/k

But, as @Charlot123 said (TYVM), the Tide Pod challenge is not equivalent to couples playing oxygen deprivation "strangling games." Presumably the choking sex" games" Alexa mentioned to friend.

ETA: had missed the cheerleading mom deepfake pix story. Good grief.

* Consumption of Tide Pods from wiki.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    CHEL, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  5. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

I don't believe Alexis was alledgedly describing any sort of "game." If her friend is to be believed, Alexis was descibing abuse or assault.

MOO

6. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

Sure! It isn't super relevant; I just used it as a comparison for trends adults think kids are doing but like 99% of them aren't.

Here's a link: There's A Really Dumb Reason Why Some Teens Are Eating Tide Pods | HuffPost

39 cases reported altogether and the way the media treated it you would've thought there were hundreds of cases.

7. kelsie

I agree entirely

8. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Moo
    I said it before and I’ll say it again- if in the future I read that consensual erotic asphyxiation is used as defense, I will throw my phone.
    just thinking about it gets my blood boiling.
    Circumstantially this absolutely points to breakup violence after an escalation of severe abuse. let’s just hope they’re getting solid pieces of other forms of evidence to get some justice for Alexis!!!! Sending her momma a big hug :(

Eta: I’ve never in my adult life thrown anything while angry. Yet

9. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet. I would think there would be some good cctv, cellphone, and/or vehicle gps data. Is LE getting their ducks in a row? Or can they not find the smoking gun? Or is my poi surprisingly (to me) not giulty?

I guess time might tell.....

JMO

10. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Alexis, a grown adult, was popping Tide pods and asking her husband to do an asphyxiation challenge with her.

Also, the way her friend described what Alexis allegedly said about being chocked screams domestic violence and not consensual fun times in the bedroom.

11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Exactly! @Dre and I are both ready to toss our phones at the suggestion that choking was a game.

12. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

I posted about the choking game, but for the record, I don't believe it plays a part at all in this case. IMO

NoSI, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  13. kelsie

Nobody said she was. The choke challenge thing was brought up and I thought that was an odd thing to include here since I'd give that about 0% chance of being the case, and I compared that to the tide pod craziness. Hope this clears things up

14. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I think it's entirely possible she was with someone who was very angry at her, and the manner of her death was never supposed to go as far as it did.
    As in, the person was angry and did what they did never intending to actually kill her.
    That's what I meant when I commented earlier in the thread about it being an accidental death.
    I was never impressed that it was any kind of game, but also never impressed that someone literally set out to murder her that night.
    End of the day, it doesn't matter - she's gone and justice demands an arrest and jail time.

jmo

dcfi224, KaJo87, kelsie and 13 others like this.
  15. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I agree, I believe whoever murdered her didn't actually want to kill her. Like, on cases where someone is pushed or something and gets so injured that there's no way to save the person. Either way, she was murdered and the way she was left, naked, on the side of the road without even a freaking blanket to cover her is what truly messes with me. That poor girl.

16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Investigators with much more information and facts than the rest of us determined AS death a homicide.

This was no accident. There was no 911 call or attempt to render aid -- which is normal for an accident.

You don't end up naked, on the side of the road by accident.

#JusticeForAlexis

17. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

I'm Sorry. My Apologies.
    @catch_22 I mis-posted in characterizing choking actions as "games."

When adults willingly engage in their choices of private sexual activities, well, okay.
    When a person forces a partner into activities against partner's will, it is not "games."
    Sorry for posting in a careless way.

18. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

We don’t have any reason to believe that AS was forced into any activities. We do know she is a homicide victim and her death was by strangulation. I do not view her as a participant in any way, shape, or form in her own murder or in the heartless, insensitive disposal of her nude body by a public roadway.

jmo

19. Frannie

Frannie Well-Known Member

Chocking someone to death takes time, it’s not instant nor a few minutes, it’s not an accident! It’s murder.

20. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing it up and glad you are here for justice!

We have all posted carelessly at one point or another.

(On my first case here this summer I called the absentee mother of a missing child “awful” and then felt sick about it the next day.)