Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

ARS, Planning on Med School?
Just wanted to make a correction RE: AS's educational background. She graduated from U of Pittsburg at Bradford with a major in Biology Education. Biology Education is an education degree for teaching Biology in K-12.
I'm not saying she didn't plan to go to medical school but with an education degree she would have to take additional upper level science courses in order to fulfill medical school prerequisites and be considered for admission. She would also need to take the upper level science courses before taking the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) in order to ensure she had the science background to test as well as possible. JMO
Alexis Sharkey: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
@rkendmar
Info above prompts me to wonder about feasibility of ARS' gap year plan & med school (or her Mother's stmt about it).
Her age stated as 26 y/o suggests she graduated more than just a yr ago. Anyone catch her grad. date?

Thx for the heavy.com link and your post, leading me to read about the MCAT. I learn something new here every day.

I think mom wants to have her own narrative about Alexis put out there ,which is totally normal. She was into the influencer lifestyle, she was involved in an MLM, she also lived her life on social media. She seemed to be enjoying life, but who really knows. She did not deserve to die regardless of what path she was on and certainly not placed naked in the bushes.

ARS, Planning on Med School?
@rkendmar
Info above prompts me to wonder about feasibility of ARS' gap year plan & med school (or her Mother's stmt about it).
Her age stated as 26 y/o suggests she graduated more than just a yr ago. Anyone catch her grad. date?

Thx for the heavy.com link and your post, leading me to read about the MCAT. I learn something new here every day.
On her instagram, there is a picture of her in cap and gown on 5/2/16. She also periodically posted her report card, as early as 12/19/13. I'm guessing she was in college from 8/13 - 5/16. Her report cards were impressive. A's across the board and some difficult classes (organic chemistry, ...).

I think mom wants to have her own narrative about Alexis put out there ,which is totally normal. She was into the influencer lifestyle, she was involved in an MLM, she also lived her life on social media. She seemed to be enjoying life, but who really knows. She did not deserve to die regardless of what path she was on and certainly not placed naked in the bushes.

Glad you stated this. I’ve been trying to sort through the posts that have been asking about AS’s career plans etc. Maybe her plans didn’t line up with her parents’ hopes and expectations. Or maybe she really did plan to just take a year or so off from academics, to decompress and have some fun, but then she starting meeting people with a completely different lifestyle. And it went from there.

jmo

A common thread between this case, the Cal City case, the Stauch case, and others...

Cameras are everywhere these days and when people offer odd explanations for why a missing person isn’t seen exiting their home on a doorbell cam, that warrants scrutiny. <modsnip> JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
A common thread between this case, the Cal City case, the Stauch case, and others...

Cameras are everywhere these days and when people offer odd explanations for why a missing person isn’t seen exiting their home on a doorbell cam, that warrants scrutiny. I don’t think this is like Broussard case. JMO
Well, as we have no idea what the cameras depicted or whether they depicted anything at all, I think it's moot.
Is there a single piece of solid evidence attaching him to her death?
If there is I have not seen it.
I think early on I decided to sit this one out and work only with official accounts.
Long time waiting, but there you are... the nature of the beast.

they are keeping their cards very close to the vest. i am hoping they are still waiting for tox to come in so they can dot their i's and cross their t's and get that girl some justice.

I have a gut feeling on this one, but I'll keep my opinions to myself for now. The only thing I can say with certainty and conviction is that I highly doubt a grown woman (who depends on her reputation) would be running around naked in the middle of the night and lovingly fall asleep too pass away on the side of the road. Someone knows something. One way or another. MOO and I truly hope my gut is wrong.

ET correct spelling/grammar.

I do wonder what’s taking so long. They must know already what caused her death, at the very least.

Know, how she got there is the big question though. I thought they said they had tons of footage.

Please be careful.
We are not going to allow this discussion to become a debate about the similarities and/or differences of this and any other case. That derails the focus from being on what happened to Alexis Sharkey. You may mention another case, but when other members enter into an argument about it, posts will be removed.

As in ALL other cases on Websleuths, people may not be sleuthed or accused unless they have been named as a POI/suspect by LE in MSM. Posts that violate that WS policy will be removed here and any other case where that is occurring.

A note that Moderators do not patrol the threads looking for violations. We rely on members to report posts that are questionable so that a determination can be made how to handle it. Please report instead of responding to posts like that.

THANKS for all you do to keep Websleuths above the fray.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

I do wonder what’s taking so long. They must know already what caused her death, at the very least.

Know, how she got there is the big question though. I thought they said they had tons of footage.

Because of Covid, I believe I have heard that lab results (I.e. toxicology) could take even longer than usual, with usual being several weeks to months. Add to that the holidays, and it seems as if the time it is taking may not be unexplainable.
At least this is what I keep telling myself.

Because of Covid, I believe I have heard that lab results (I.e. toxicology) could take even longer than usual, with usual being several weeks to months. Add to that the holidays, and it seems as if the time it is taking may not be unexplainable.
Agree. I did a search by date at the Harris County Forensics site and while many who died around the same time already have COD listed, some do not. The cases that did have COD listed were largely obvious (homicide by multiple GSW - the arrest was swift in that one for multiple reasons Texas Mom of 2 Young Boys Is Fatally Shot — and Boyfriend Now Charged with Murder; suicide by gun; suicide by hanging). Kinda wish I hadn't seen those. The poor parents. So sad. But there are certainly some other cases from the same time period that do not have COD or MOD listed yet. That includes a young mom of three who family says died of Covid (but no COD/MOD official yet). :(FWIW

Agree. I did a search by date at the Harris County Forensics site and while many who died around the same time already have COD listed, some do not. The cases that did have COD listed were largely obvious (homicide by multiple GSW - the arrest was swift in that one for multiple reasons Texas Mom of 2 Young Boys Is Fatally Shot — and Boyfriend Now Charged with Murder; suicide by gun; suicide by hanging). Kinda wish I hadn't seen those. The poor parents. So sad. But there are certainly some other cases from the same time period that do not have COD or MOD listed yet. That includes a young mom of three who family says died of Covid (but no COD/MOD official yet). :(FWIW
Thank you for your research; such tragedies and heartbreaking information

My understanding is toxicology reports could take up to 10 wks/avg, thats pre Covid.

Having endured abuse and breakup violence, I really do put stock into what her friends have said. That’s not to say that they’re not going about it in a destructive and very irresponsible way! Really disappointed in the way they’ve chosen to outwardly react.
I think her closest friends at the time of her death know exactly the turmoil she was going through though. Not parents, not siblings, not old friends. There is so much shame in being in love with someone who hurts you that to admit it takes very special circumstances. This is all just from my personal experience!! Sigh :(
I have to agree with you... with all of it.

My daughter's fiance unexpectedly died in the fall...we still do not have tox results back and they told us it could take 3-6 months.
then add it holidays...could take longer.
I am not surprised her tox report is not in yet, JMO

Everyone posting on Websleuths should be familiar with the Terms of Service each of us agreed to when we joined. There is no stipulation that says it’s ok to disregard those TOS when things are slow in a case and there is not much to discuss while we wait.

Before you post, it is advised that you take a moment to consider if what you are about to put out there for the world to see is in line with the TOS of Websleuths. If it is not, and you feel strongly that you need to discuss it somewhere, please do so in PMs (that you may not invite or talk about on any public thread) OR at another site where that is permitted.

Please DO NOT in any shape or form discuss the “likely” or speculative guilt of any party without a link to LE doing so in MSM. That is a major pillar of our philosophy on Websleuths, and it must be respected. Moderators are always ready to answer questions about anything members are unsure of regarding are rules. Please do that in PMs to any mod, and NOT on the thread itself as that derails the discussion about the case.

Finally, if you see a post that is questionable in terms of what is allowed, PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE AND/OR RESPOND TO IT. Report the questionable post so that moderators can review and determine how to handle it. This is so important to keeping threads open. Otherwise posts that violate the TOS multiply, and the work needed to clean up is greatly increased.

This thread is OPEN.
Please post within the TOS to keep it open.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
PLEASE LIKE THIS POST TO INDICATE YOU HAVE READ IT.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back