Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

A couple days back I unfortunately did some research on strangulation during sex. It really is an upsetting read from the woman's point of view. Madly in love and no clue that this treatment isn't normal, thinking it will go away, putting up with the degrading abuse all because they love these men. Most times too embarrassed to confide in someone. Thinking they can change the situation. It sounds quite common. We truly need to discuss this type of situation with daughters and friends so they have the strength to get out of this type of abusive situation. No man should ever treat the love of his life in this manner. No man should ever treat any woman in this manner. I hope she didn't endure what I read about. Moo

A couple days back I unfortunately did some research on strangulation during sex. It really is an upsetting read from the woman's point of view. Madly in love and no clue that this treatment isn't normal, thinking it will go away, putting up with the degrading abuse all because they love these men. Most times too embarrassed to confide in someone. Thinking they can change the situation. It sounds quite common. We truly need to discuss this type of situation with daughters and friends so they have the strength to get out of this type of abusive situation. No man should ever treat the love of his life in this manner. No man should ever treat any woman in this manner. I hope she didn't endure what I read about. Moo
Sure. Erotic asphyxiation is sexually pleasing for MANY women though. I’m sure there are many cases where a man simply didn’t ask for permission or discussed it prior to doing it and that’s absolutely abusive.

The thing is, if someone is doing it without permission/consent then I’m sure that person is doing other things violent in nature during sex. It’s usually not just the asphyxiation, it’s the general approach to sex, the not asking for consent, not discussing what the other person is willing to do, not caring about what the person may like or dislike.

So yeah, I think we all should educate our kids, male and female, about boundaries and respect. You can’t just do whatever YOU want, and you don’t have to do something you don’t want to do. Safety is not just about contraception when it comes to sex.

But I don’t really think this was a case of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong, which sadly does happen even with two consenting adults. Instead of a slap, a punch, it was asphyxiation.

He stopped cooperating, does that mean he stopped communicating? Or they were exchanging words “fighting” via phone calls, emails? Fight brings to mind angry conversations or heated email exchanges.

We really don't know the specifics, because the media uses sensationalist vagueries in order to garner those clicks.

I would assume he stopped communicating and wasn’t involved in any fighting but rather her mom saw that as the next step to getting her daughter, I too am glad they changed next of kin for her family to take him out of the picture.

I too believe that choking CAN be done safely and consensually and not considered abuse. but given previous claims of abuse and choking that this situation was clearly not safe or consensual.
Not super amped that it’s a “trend online” but I think the gray space needs to be understood. Moo

Alexis Sharkey's autopsy reveals she was strangled to death | Daily Mail Online

Jan 19, 2021

38215126-9164979-Sharkey_vanished_on_November_27_after_allegedly_having_a_fight_w-m-95_1611088481009.jpg

[..]

Sharkey's mother said that her daughter 'had an argument' with her husband before leaving the house without her car.

Tom denied that he got into a fight with his wife the night she went missing.

He said that just before she disappeared, he urged his wife not to leave their home as she was 'under the influence' but he did not elaborate further.

'We didn't fight when she left,' he said. 'I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence. She left anyhow. This is where we're at.'

The husband denies there was a fight the night his wife left the apartment and I don't recall that AS and her mom talked on Friday to know that she had an argument with her husband before leaving home...o_O Hearsay? Bad reporting?

If there were defensive wounds present, I think I'd be more inclined to believe her attacker was in a rage but that does not seem to be the case here.

Who strangled AS?

The mystery continues...

MOO

<snipped by me>

Sharkey's mother said that her daughter 'had an argument' with her husband before leaving the house without her car.

He said that just before she disappeared, he urged his wife not to leave their home as she was 'under the influence' but he did not elaborate further.

'We didn't fight when she left,' he said. 'I just told her she couldn't drive under the influence. She left anyhow. This is where we're at.'

The husband denies there was a fight the night his wife left the apartment and I don't recall that AS and her mom talked on Friday to know that she had an argument with her husband before leaving home...o_O Hearsay? Bad reporting?

If there were defensive wounds present, I think I'd be more inclined to believe her attacker was in a rage but that does not seem to be the case here.

Who strangled AS?

The mystery continues...

MOO

My guess is that the "argument" in question was exactly what is described here -- a disagreement over whether or not she should be driving under the influence.

I do not think this case has anything at all to do with erotic asphyxiation. Like... zip. The Daily Beast has been quoted by others before in this tread. Here it is again:

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said. “But one night when she and I were talking alone, she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”

Three other friends also told The Daily Beast that Sharkey had complained about physical abuse and said her husband could be “controlling and manipulative” in group settings.

For starters... if it was erotic asphyxiation (1) although it could, I doubt it would be done in the bathroom, and (2) I seriously doubt she was telling her friend about them doing erotic asphyxiation, then adding... 'I wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.". That seems highly improbable to me.

To ME, that screams of having control over someone. She even (possibly) told her friend that he was controlling (we have no way to know this conversation happened for sure). If something like this was happening, to be left on the bathroom floor (to ME) is a way of humiliating someone. I doubt every single 'control' incident would happen in a person's bathroom, and even if it did, you could easily be carried to the bedroom to be laid down so you'd wake up on the bed, not the bathroom floor of all places.

If I'm to believe this was happening to someone, I believe it would be done wherever the mood struck (like during a fit of anger during an argument) and the victim would be brought to the bathroom to wake up in the worst room in someone's house. It's like some kind of sick message to them. Again, MOO. Then again, the 'choker' could try to revive the victim with water so they wouldn't die. That doesn't seem likely to me as I would think someone wouldn't try to revive a choked victim with water, and then leave them on the bathroom floor when water didn't work.

All MOO.

I do not think this case has anything at all to do with erotic asphyxiation. Like... zip. The Daily Beast has been quoted by others before in this tread. Here it is again:

“Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,” the friend said. “But one night when she and I were talking alone, she said, ‘He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.’”

Three other friends also told The Daily Beast that Sharkey had complained about physical abuse and said her husband could be “controlling and manipulative” in group settings.

For starters... if it was erotic asphyxiation (1) although it could, I doubt it would be done in the bathroom, and (2) I seriously doubt she was telling her friend about them doing erotic asphyxiation, then adding... 'I wake up on the bathroom floor every single time.". That seems highly improbable to me.

To ME, that screams of having control over someone. She even (possibly) told her friend that he was controlling (we have no way to know this conversation happened for sure). If something like this was happening, to be left on the bathroom floor (to ME) is a way of humiliating someone. I doubt every single 'control' incident would happen in a person's bathroom, and even if it did, you could easily be carried to the bedroom to be laid down so you'd wake up on the bed, not the bathroom floor of all places.

If I'm to believe this was happening to someone, I believe it would be done wherever the mood struck (like during a fit of anger during an argument) and the victim would be brought to the bathroom to wake up in the worst room in someone's house. It's like some kind of sick message to them. Again, MOO. Then again, the 'choker' could try to revive the victim with water so they wouldn't die. That doesn't seem likely to me as I would think someone wouldn't try to revive a choked victim with water, and then leave them on the bathroom floor when water didn't work.

All MOO.

I don't want to give and/or add any credibility to the statements of social media follower friends but I read I wake up on the bathroom floor every single time as somebody that locks herself in the bathroom to escape-- and ends up sleeping on the floor. MOO

Who strangled AS?

The mystery continues...

MOO

RSBM

I'm going with heresay, from the Houston friends.

jmo

I don't want to give and/or add any credibility to the statements of social media follower friends but I read I wake up on the bathroom floor every single time as somebody that locks herself in the bathroom to escape-- and ends up sleeping on the floor. MOO

The fact is, folks could say just about anything at this point, and without AS here to either confirm or deny she ever said any of it, or confirm or deny any of it was true, if she did say it... it's their word against AS husband's.

Alexis Sharkey's autopsy reveals she was strangled to death | Daily Mail Online

Jan 19, 2021

38215126-9164979-Sharkey_vanished_on_November_27_after_allegedly_having_a_fight_w-m-95_1611088481009.jpg

[..]

Who strangled AS?

The mystery continues...

MOO
If she was going on trips, and spending holidays, with “friends”, without her husband, after less than a year married:
Could she have been dating anyone else?
I would be inclined to want to know if any bruises or scratches existed on either husband, or wife’s body?
Was she missing any jewelry, mobile phone, wallet, etc?
Also, if fingernail scrapings, oral, vaginal, and anal swabs had DNA present; if so was it her husbands, or another POI?
(Are results in yet for DNA, and blood/tissue pathology?)

Last edited:
Maybe she left her apartment and someone followed her? Well that doesn't make sense because then how would she have become undressed? This is such a weird case. I feel like I know pieces of what happened, but I can't put it all together... MOO.

She could have been killed while in a vehicle.
She could have undressed in the vehicle, or been undressed by someone else after she was strangled.

It is also possible that someone could be trying (very hard, even) to frame a certain person as a suspect.

She could have been killed while in a vehicle.
She could have undressed in the vehicle, or been undressed by someone else after she was strangled.
My thoughts exactly...
Married less than a year; traveling single, and hanging with friends on special occasions, made me think the investigation might be better off wider; such as dating online, etc...
Mother is not a totally reliable source, for all info, given she stated victim; “Was taking a year off from college to go to medical school”;
it appears it has been years since she was in college...
Imagine the investigators know what she did during the years since college and marriage; old boyfriends, jobs, etc...
Did she ever have a stalker? MOO

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly...
Married less than a year; traveling single, and hanging with friends on special occasions, made me think the investigation might be better off wider; such as dating online, etc...
Mother is not a totally reliable source, for all info, given she stated victim; “Was taking a year off from college to go to medical school”;
it appears it has been years since she was in college...
Imagine the investigators know what she did during the years since college and marriage; old boyfriends, jobs, etc...
Did she ever have a stalker? MOO
I think you raise some very valid points. IMO, a social media influencer with 20K+ followers has a lot of exposure. I really hope women especially give special attention to their safety and consider what can happen when their virtual world crosses paths with the in-person world. MOO

Maybe he found out she was hanging out with another man the night before and his ego couldn't take it. I am not going to accuse anyone until it is proven that could be a reason if he in fact did it. An older man married to a younger beautiful girl most likely would lead to jealousy pretty quick and I am sure she got alot of attention.

My heart is broken for her family and friends. They know, and LE knows and I hope they connect the dots with valuable evidence ASAP.
It’s indefensible and if I hear one iota of legal defense actually being consensual erotic asphyxiation I am going to throw my phone at the wall

You should probably make sure you are eligible for a phone upgrade because what other defense could be used? Jmo

If this happened in her apartment, getting her naked body to a car would have been taking a huge chance for getting caught. I’m surprised she wasn’t found in a blanket or coat or something.

Doesn't mean they (blanket, clothes) weren't removed at the dump site or while in whatever vehicle she was transported to the dump site in. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back