Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ilovematt, Nov 29, 2020.

1. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Thank you! I learn something new every day here.

Las Vegas is in Clark County, NV. A search on their marriage records site didn’t turn up Alexis Robinault.

Name Search

2. HouDat

HouDat Prominent Member

I understand your point. But, having worked in MSM in the past, I have more than ample experience with it all to know better than to rely too heavily upon them. Between the too-eager-for-clicks mentality which is so prevalent in "news" today (especially w/r to those who write the headlines) and the general decline in quality and integrity of the field of journalism, I am left with a jaded view of the estate.

3. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Understood completely. For purposes of discussion here however, MSM is the only approved media (periodic exceptions notwithstanding), and I'm thankful for that. WS has the reputation they do, because the admins/mods make sure the gossip/rumor trash stays on the curb. :cool:

justme11, misgrn, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.
  4. HouDat

HouDat Prominent Member

Understood. To be clear, my comments weren't related to Websleuths, per se.

5. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Marriage Records?
    @steeltowngirl sbm Here's my attempt to reconcile seemingly conflicting info in your post & other posts.

1. Dec 2019, Gr. Junc.,Mesa County, CO issued MarLicense but no MarCert.*
    Maybe thought they wanted to be married there, changed mind? Let license period lapse? Other reason?
    I thought I saw a scan/image of MarLic, showing the county of their residences.
    Anyone remember if it showed a county in CO or TX or ??? Anyone???

2. __ date? Why did ARS post (youtube? IG?) re getting hair extns for planned LV wedding.
    Maybe in saying LV, she used city name loosely, meaning st. of Nev, on their planned spring trip???

3. Why no Marriage Records in LV, Clark County, NV?
    Maybe on spring 2020 trip in the West, ARS & TS went to a Nevada county other than Clark County, got license, had ceremony there, then returned the license to that county, which would then have issued the marriage certificate???

4. If 3.^ is true, their Marriage Records are/would be on file in a NV county, other than Clark County.**
    IIRC, her FB, IG, or youtube had pics of of their spring trip in the West, w that distinctive cat. Pretty.
    Where did they go, where they could arrange an instant marriage? A county in NV, or other state?

Does that cover it? Not sure. just my2ct about possibilities.

"Nevada marriage licenses are considered notoriously easy to get; there is no blood test or required waiting period...Within one year of receipt of the marriage license a wedding ceremony must be performed in order to have a legal union..." Las Vegas weddings - Wikipedia

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  6. katsrfun

katsrfun Well-Known Member

Washoe County is Reno/Lake Tahoe. Maybe they got married there. There are certainly some very beautiful spots there to get married. MOO. Katt

7. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  8. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Re Marriage Licence - this post from thread 1 found the licence online Found Deceased - TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Licence was issued in Mesa County, Colorado on 20 December 2019. Information from this link (Marriages/Civil Unions - Recording - Mesa County, Colorado) states the following:
    • Both applicants need to appear in order to obtain the license. (If just one appears, another form will need to be completed.)
    • Arrive prior to 4:30 p.m. (Marriage/Civil union licenses will not be issued after 4:30 p.m.).
    • License is valid for 35 days from date of issuance.
    • License is only valid for use within the state of Colorado.
    • $30.00 Cash Only license fee; other fees may apply.
    • Parent or Legal Guardian information is required regardless of the age of the applicants.
    • Death or divorce information required (if applicable).
    • Must be 18 years of age.
    • Must have valid proof of identification.
    It also states that couples can solemnize their own marriage in Colorado, however, I cannot find a marriage record. Could it possibly be in another Colorado County?
    I am sure I have seen a document somewhere - I will see if I can find it

9. Nikynoo

RSBBM

I thought I did also, but cannot locate it at present.

Flicka1, Marg from Oz and al66pine like this.
  10. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020[/URL
    Post and photo of license and certificate are here.

And here is my experience copied from that same thread:
    In Colorado, you can do a self-solemnized ceremony. No minister or witnesses. Literally walk in to registrar's office, sign, walk out and you are married. My husband and I did this, it took about 15 minutes. Had to provide my divorce decree from previous marriage along with both of our IDs. Had certificate/license mailed to us (we lived in another state) which took about 2 weeks. Easier than Vegas. Moo.
    Edit: Just checked the lines again on ours, we both signed as officiants.

11. Nikynoo

Thank you! I knew I had seen this information somewhere, but couldn't find it on a search.

12. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

So they were already married when she was talking on IG about getting married in Vegas. Wonder what her family and friends thought about that?
    JMO

13. Nikynoo

JMO - I suspect that the April wedding was going to be the main event attended by family and friends. Perhaps the December wedding was spur of the moment?

MsBetsy, Peppery, Flicka1 and 7 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I don't believe there's any evidence the couple wasn't married in Colorado -- the only thing we know for certain is that no marriage certificate was recorded in Mesa County.

There can be several reasons for a couple to want to be legally married by the end of the year and have a spring wedding celebration (in Las Vegas) for family and friends. When the marriage license issued, the COVID19 pandemic wasn't even a known word-- and it was probably between AS's youtube hair extension post last March and the upcoming April party that events began shutting down.

15. akazia1978

akazia1978 Well-Known Member

You have 30 days in Colorado to send the license back in

16. akazia1978

akazia1978 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they walked in, I did that for mine, 30 days and then it is no longer legal. I fully regret mailing mine back. Took another 2 years to get a divorce. They issued me the paper to mail mine back and I did...:( Our marriage lasted 30 days after that till I left

17. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

18. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

Thank you. I don’t know how this turned into imagining everything but what we now know is documented homicide by strangulation?

Spartygirl, Vaccine, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  19. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

If Alexis was “strangled out when she always woke up on the bathroom floor” as her friends stated in interviews that Alexis confined to them, then Alexis could have been drugged many times at home.

Vaccine, Flicka1 and Marg from Oz like this.
  20. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member