Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

not at all and she had discussed her wish to curtail her drinking on several posts.

Yet discussing a desire to “curtail her drinking” does anyone know if she actually did?
Just bringing up the posts mentioning this desire does not mean that she did:
How extensive was her drinking problem?
Did she vomit and pass out:
I imagine that could have been a reason, to tell friends, she “wakes up on the bathroom floor”.

How extensive was her drinking problem?
Did she vomit and pass out:
I imagine that could have been a reason, to tell friends, she “wakes up on the bathroom floor”.

Except you're missing the important front half of the comment. it wasn't simply 'she wakes up on the bathroom floor'... it was:

'But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, “He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time”.’

I think, in light of the fact that countless social media posts depict the victim with some sort of adult beverage in her hand, the idea of her leaving their home "under the influence" is not far-fetched.

I’m not saying that it’s far-fetched that she was drinking at all. Perhaps she was. What I’m saying is: how many freaking times have we heard the “we were fighting and then she just left” line? It’s a tale as old as time. I guess what I don’t understand is why so many people seem to be treating her friend’s words with a healthy dose of skepticism but not her partner’s. I’m not making any accusations, I’m simply saying that I personally have heard that story too many times and I want to see some evidence that corroborates the fact that she did leave the house willingly before I believe it.

I guess what I don’t understand is why so many people seem to be treating her friend’s words with a healthy dose of skepticism but not her partner’s. I’m not making any accusations, I’m simply saying that I personally have heard that story too many times and I want to see some evidence that corroborates the fact that she did leave the house willingly before I believe it.

I agree with your point that there needs to be healthy skepticism applied to statements by all the characters in this case, as it's certainly not a wise path forward to accept at face value any such statements. Of course some of these statements could be 100% spot-on, but others could be geared towards the crafting of a narrative for nefarious purposes.

I’m not saying that it’s far-fetched that she was drinking at all. Perhaps she was. What I’m saying is: how many freaking times have we heard the “we were fighting and then she just left” line? It’s a tale as old as time. I guess what I don’t understand is why so many people seem to be treating her friend’s words with a healthy dose of skepticism but not her partner’s. I’m not making any accusations, I’m simply saying that I personally have heard that story too many times and I want to see some evidence that corroborates the fact that she did leave the house willingly before I believe it.

For myself personally, he comes across as believable, and the friends talking, and talking and talking, do not. Of course I could be dead wrong, but that's the impression I have.

jmo

For myself personally, he comes across as believable, and the friends talking, and talking and talking, do not. Of course I could be dead wrong, but that's the impression I have.

jmo

That’s up to you. But from what I’ve seen, he’s only spoken out publicly once, and he hung up on the reporter. And he made her parents fight for the right to bring her body home.

Her friends might be seeking the limelight, but that doesn’t mean they’re not telling the truth.

I guess we shall see, and the truth will out :)

That’s up to you. But from what I’ve seen, he’s only spoken out publicly once, and he hung up on the reporter. And he made her parents fight for the right to bring her body home.

Her friends might be seeking the limelight, but that doesn’t mean they’re not telling the truth.

I guess we shall see, and the truth will out :)
I agree. I don’t disqualify his potential comment she may have been under the influence and shouldn’t drive. She can drink and also be abused. However, the fact that she had multiple friends in different friend groups speaking out about him choking her or their marriage difficulties spoke volumes.

From what I saw, her many various friends had heard individual accounts of abuse or estrangement. I believe them.

I am always at the front of the initial "husband defense team" but in this case, when in the beginning a friend makes a statement to police like "She told me that her husband chokes her out" and then later the official cause of death is ruled strangulation...

I'll just say that I guess it's possible that friend might have known the person who actually strangled her and made a false statement to implicate the husband or it's also possible the real killer was aware of her husband's pattern of assault and chose their murder method to implicate him but Occam's razor says the simplest explanation is by far the most likely.

I agree. I don’t disqualify his potential comment she may have been under the influence and shouldn’t drive. She can drink and also be abused. However, the fact that she had multiple friends in different friend groups speaking out about him choking her or their marriage difficulties spoke volumes.

From what I saw, her many various friends had heard individual accounts of abuse or estrangement. I believe them.
The friends that spoke out, despite a request not to from LE are all the same group to the best of my recollection.
They are people she came to know in the past 12 months.
Her old friends did not speak out against him publicly/
Neither did her family.
Her mother I think, suspects him but she didn't really know him or much about her daughter's current, at time of death , lifestyle.
The thing is that by speaking publicly in the way that they did showed her no respect, they were not real friends and they are not seeking the best outcome for justice for her.
have information- go to the police and give it confidentially and allow them to investigate with all their vast resources.
Does anybody actually believe any of those girls will be called to testify in a case against anybody?
How might a defense attorney for the actual killer question them?
It's not like they didn't know better, they were told in no uncertain terms to refrain.
They refused.
Why?

I only hope she had real good friends in her short lifetime and that she knew love and respect as opposed to betrayal and , yes, abuse!
Imagine confiding in people and they taking your confidence to the national airwaves immediately following your death but do not go to LE??

The friends that spoke out, despite a request not to from LE are all the same group to the best of my recollection.
They are people she came to know in the past 12 months.
Her old friends did not speak out against him publicly/
Neither did her family.
Her mother I think, suspects him but she didn't really know him or much about her daughter's current, at time of death , lifestyle.
The thing is that by speaking publicly in the way that they did showed her no respect, they were not real friends and they are not seeking the best outcome for justice for her.
have information- go to the police and give it confidentially and allow them to investigate with all their vast resources.
Does anybody actually believe any of those girls will be called to testify in a case against anybody?
How might a defense attorney for the actual killer question them?
It's not like they didn't know better, they were told in no uncertain terms to refrain.
They refused.
Why?

I only hope she had real good friends in her short lifetime and that she knew love and respect as opposed to betrayal and , yes, abuse!
Imagine confiding in people and they taking your confidence to the national airwaves immediately following your death but do not go to LE??
Her friends did go to LE. The friends are the ones who made the missing person report. As was shown on tv on Msm.

Some of her friends were work friends from Monat and some were her Bumble Houston group. Bumble Houston friends were worried enough to file the missing person report. Monat friends added their concern based on what AS said during their recent work trip to Marfa.

Personally, I have no idea what LE told anyone to say or not say. But as @evilwise pointed out, when you have friends shouting from the rooftops their concerns she was killed and a very early friend report of previous strangulation and then months later the autopsy says homicide by strangulation... the most obvious conclusion would be that the friends were on to something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back