Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ilovematt, Nov 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

I do not support MLM but I have a friend, like real life friend who I talk to, that is in the Million Dollar Monat club. I have seen her paychecks before. She makes 7 figures a year selling Monat products. Now I’m not saying this is the norm, but based on what I have combed thru on Alexis’s social media accounts, I could believe she was making $10k a month. It really all depends on how much of a hustler you are.

This is coming from someone who would never buy MLM or sign up to do one, but I know for a fact that there’s money to be made.

Denisedyann, misgrn, Alcina and 18 others like this.

2. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

Oh my lord, that’s a lot of money. I eat my words!!!!

ar3593, misgrn, MaryG12 and 5 others like this.
  3. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Like Herbalife, or any other pyramid scheme. Good for her! I just hope that it did not cost her a great life.

JessiByr, misgrn, trujac and 6 others like this.
  4. kimmypie1

kimmypie1 Active Member

I’m a Monat rep. At her rank she was easily making $20-40k a month.

5. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Would she be renting an apartmat at that rate of income? Houses in Texas are well within the means of someone making that kind of money, or anything way less than that....

ar3593, Pinktruth, misgrn and 14 others like this.
  6. kimmypie1

kimmypie1 Active Member

No idea how much those apartments are or why she lived there. Just telling you the average income for that rank.

Flicka1, misgrn, trujac and 6 others like this.
  7. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I’ve been following this case since right after she was found. Like some of you, I don’t think the fence hopping/getting into a car scenario is plausible. Not weighing in on what that’s about. It’s just that these scenarios always involve a just suddenly event where he/she cleared a fence or a gate and left in a car with a third party. Who does that?

8. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

In Houston? Maybe for an hour in February.

JessiByr, jennyjenny, Flicka1 and 7 others like this.
  9. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    IHAVENOCLUE, Flicka1, Tate123 and 8 others like this.
  10. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

A friend says the West Texas town is where the social media influencer met her husband.
    Alexis Sharkey's life in Odessa | khou.com

A bit more background info:

11. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

Some people like the ease of apartment living, especially if traveling a lot. She may have been saving or envisioned life somewhere else and didn’t want to put down roots. But you are correct, housing is fairly affordable in Houston, especially at that income level.

ETA: I found this which should be about right for the apartment. My stepson rents in the Galleria area and pays around this rate for a similar style apartment:
    The Grove at Wilcrest Apartments - Houston, TX | Apartments.com

Flicka1, songbrd, misgrn and 12 others like this.
  12. Maradentro

Maradentro Well-Known Member

The end of Red Haw street backs up to the reservoir and there is a paved hiking/biking path that could easily access the spot where she was found. The path also can be accessed on foot by walking from the Grove on Wilcrest. There was a girl, early 20's, found shot on the path about a year ago, although I can't remember her name. There have actually been a few murders/bodies dumped there over the last decade. I rode that trail at night once with my daughter and felt a bit nervous and decided I would not do it again unless armed.

13. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

Tox needed.
    Phone pings needed.
    Camera footage needed.
    DNA on body needed.
    COD needed.
    CSI needs to look in apt.

Very little to go on presently, and of course that is fine, LE needs that info, not me. I hope they are getting a lot of info.

14. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Bringing forward latest posts from the media thread:

15. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your profound loss.

IHAVENOCLUE, Flicka1, gitana1 and 9 others like this.
  16. MistyM

MistyM Well-Known Member

wow! she really did a glow up on herself!

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
    snipped
    ‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
    Bill Barajas, Reporter

Published: December 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
    Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’” Turnbow said.

Turnbow said Alexis Sharkey’s body was found not long after that phone call.

The Harris County Medical Examiner said that it is still working to determine how Alexis Sharkey died. Investigators have said there were no visible wounds.

Turnbow said a memorial scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled to allow law enforcement a chance to fully investigate the case.
    More at link

18. rrsafety

rrsafety Active Member

The last page of the Monat compensation plan shows their ‘Statement of Typical Participant Earnings’. Monat appear to have gone out of their way to give us a little information as possible.

They tell us that if you reach the rank of MMB with Monat, then you can expect annual earnings of between $22, and $1,188. Even at the top of that range, Managing Market Builders earn less than $100 per month.” Can You Make Money With Monat — The Finance Guy

19. rrsafety

rrsafety Active Member

While a direct connection to multi level marketing is unlikely, for instance, a downline individual who is frustrated acting out against the company through the person that recruited them, domestic bliss can often be upset when a lack of success is encountered in multi level marketing. Could it be that there was a discrepancy between ones online Instagram success and how much money was actually being generated for the household? I have read about families being torn apart by MLMs.
    imo

20. AllGrace

AllGrace The object of the superior man is truth. Confucius

@gitana1 so very sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet kitty. Our furry kids burrow deep in our hearts and provide so much joy and their loss is keenly felt. I hope the pain subsides and the happy memories stay forever.

None of the following is victim blaming, simply observations that *could* say something. Or maybe not. Just things that stood out.

I perused her IG early this morning. I found it odd there was no big engagement announcement or wedding announcement or pictures. Maybe they were stories and thus not available anymore??!! She had gushed over a friends wedding pics a couple years ago so I would expect her to share her own.

It appears she worked at a bar/restaurant at around the time she met TS. They had theme weeks and Outfits like Hooters.

<modsnip>

She mentioned stopping drinking earlier this year. She talked about how she noticed in her pictures she always had a drink (I noticed that right away) and that it was a habit. She was doing a 75 day program and had been reading a book about it. She did say she would probably go back to drinking at times, but wanted to be done with it every day and at all meals when they went out, every night, etc.

I agree about her not being an influencer. She was in an MLM and was basically advertising for that. Her IG followers weren’t that many and she didn’t endorse or do anything beyond her MLM.

All IMO, MOO, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.