Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes! That’s high!
I’ve been doing flight bookings for the past several months and it’s been cheap - Spirit was $39-$59 even booking the day before a flight. Southwest has been cheap too and they’re blocking middle seats. But it’s been mostly the larger airports, that could be the difference? IDK

If AS flew into a state with restrictions such as PA - who oversees that incoming visitors actually quarantine? Do they fill out a form upon arrival and contact tracing or LE actually go to where you’re staying to confirm? Or is it on the honor system?

Larger airport definitely would make a difference. During the first few months, some of the stimulus money stipulated that airlines had to keep certain destinations open. Now that the money has stopped, airlines are dropping such routes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...dcadd2-e2de-11ea-82d8-5e55d47e90ca_story.html

As for this case, her family lives in Youngstown, PA. The nearest airport is Allentown (ABE), but it doesn't have any direct routes to Houston (either IAH or HOU). However, Youngstown is close to Pittsburgh (40 miles). United offers a daily flight between IAH to PIT; Southwest offers a weekly flight (Saturdays) between HOU to PIT.

Some key issues in this case for me:

1) Obviously COD is going to be key in this case. And will give LE the starting point for where to focus most attention. But finding her phone and clothes could also be critical in what it reveals about her movements, DNA and any texts or communications that indicate her state of mind or substantiate claims made by her friends. Obviously if she mainly used WhatsApp then there will be less evidence to play with with regards to messages to friends or family.

2) What truth is there in the suggestions that she was abused in her marriage? How many people did she tell and is there any other proof of this - physical proof - ie bruises that were seen by others, or texts or messages which substantiate the claims?

3) What was actually said about whether or not there was an argument with her husband that night. We seem to have two conflicting accounts - one where he is reported to have said they did have an argument and one where he said they didn't. These need to be fully documented from each source.

4) What evidence is there of how she departed the apartment complex? If its gated then there should be CCTV of vehicles coming and going. It doesn't currently look likely that she could have left the complex perimeter by hopping a fence.

5) CCTV footage from the road in which she was found - potentially from the Beauty building opposite is key - how did her body end up where it was found? From my perspective she had to be dumped there by someone not arrived there of her own accord.

JMO. Upmost respect to Alexis and sympathy for the family. What an awful way to depart this world.

IMO there is no way someone is jumping that fence if that’s the one that’s being referred to. Not only is it too high, there’s also shrubs in front of it in almost every area.

If it was patio fence that was being referenced, the only spot it could really have been would have been the north side of the complex where the driveway acts as a border, but again that requires the fence to be open for any vehicle to drive in/out.

The image below shows the apartments at the ground level. This is likely the only spot where someone could hop the patio fence and NOT have to also climb the 6 ft property fence and access a vehicle quickly.
Got it. It seems like they must have been in one of these apartments with a ground level patio AND a place for a car to pick her up to be within view if we are to believe the story TS supposedly told the friends.

So for the car to get into this area inside the complex, would they need a code or to be buzzed in or none of the above?

Larger airport definitely would make a difference. During the first few months, some of the stimulus money stipulated that airlines had to keep certain destinations open. Now that the money has stopped, airlines are dropping such routes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...dcadd2-e2de-11ea-82d8-5e55d47e90ca_story.html

As for this case, her family lives in Youngstown, PA. The nearest airport is Allentown (ABE), but it doesn't have any direct routes to Houston (either IAH or HOU). However, Youngstown is close to Pittsburgh (40 miles). United offers a daily flight between IAH to PIT; Southwest offers a weekly flight (Saturdays) between HOU to PIT.

Youngsville PA. About 2 1/2 hours drive to closest airports - either Cleveland or Pittsburgh, with nonstop flights to Houston.

Last edited:
Got it. It seems like they must have been in one of these apartments with a ground level patio AND a place for a car to pick her up to be within view if we are to believe the story TS supposedly told the friends.

So for the car to get into this area inside the complex, would they need a code or to be buzzed in or none of the above?

I don’t know about this specific complex, but in my experience with regularly visiting friends in a similar one with gates- there were a handful of ways I could get in:
- you could call their cell through the box at the gate and they could press a button to open it for you
- you could wait and follow a car that the gate opened for
- an alarming amount of the time, the gate was “broken” and just left open 24/7 for a few days to weeks.

I would think if someone picked her up and she knew them, she would have given them a way to get in the gates, or they would have just figured it out.

I don’t put too much thought into how a car may have gotten to her, but it would mean they would probably be on cameras around the complex.
IMO

It's an "out-there" story, her jumping a fence and running to get in a car and then somehow ending up dead, nude, and under some bushes off a highway.

- Why couldn't AS leave her apartment through the front door?
- Who was blocking her exit?
- Who was driving this alleged car she jumped into?
- Has that person come forward or otherwise been identified?

The last "known" person she was with that day was her allegedly soon-to-be-estranged husband.

Having clothes removed doesn't do a thing to obscure an ID of a dead person. M.E.s use dental charts, DNA, and visual means to determine the person's ID. Clothes removed can mean the perp wanted to discard anything that might contain their own DNA and/or it's treating a body like trash to humiliate the victim.

Is this where she was found?
Leaving her nude probably was to delay identification.
katy; is a one way. turning/merging into I-10 i think yes?
Have not read everything. Have they found her clothes?
If this is where she was found. And if katy merges into I-10.
Since the body was not hidden, I doubt they hid the clothes any better.
May have been thrown along the I-10 scattered along the I-10. Just thinking outside the box.
I would guess cause of death was suffocation. like a plastic bag or something. But suicide. Don't think so.

I don’t think LE has revealed the exact spot. I’ve been out there. From where the original news reports were filming, where unmarked black SUV’s were parked in the days after the discovery, I’d say a little closer to the feeder. If you follow the street down towards the bottom of the map, you can see the shop on the corner. There’s a very high fence north of the shop, with a bunch of weeds, high grass right there. Trampled down now. I think that’s the location. Where the A is on the map, is about the spot where the blue fire hydrant is located on the east side of the street. So best guess of location is just north of the shop’s fence. At night, the area right by the shop fence is BLACK. Can’t see anything in front of you dark. As you drive towards the A, lights from buildings to the right light up the area. But they look brand new.

I don’t think LE has revealed the exact spot. I’ve been out there. From where the original news reports were filming, where unmarked black SUV’s were parked in the days after the discovery, I’d say a little closer to the feeder. If you follow the street down towards the bottom of the map, you can see the shop on the corner. There’s a very high fence north of the shop, with a bunch of weeds, high grass right there. Trampled down now. I think that’s the location. Where the A is on the map, is about the spot where the blue fire hydrant is located on the east side of the street. So best guess of location is just north of the shop’s fence. At night, the area right by the shop fence is BLACK. Can’t see anything in front of you dark. As you drive towards the A, lights from buildings to the right light up the area. But they look brand new.

After having visited this area, I share this opinion/assessment.

After having visited this area, I share this opinion/assessment.

Did you get a chance to go there after dark? Like 9-10 p.m.? I’d love to read what you think about the no lights out there when you go. Do you think the perp knew the street? Of all the places between her apartment and this street, the perp picks the darkest corner of the world.

I don't think this was an overdose of any kind. Just because they said she didn't have any visible wounds doesn't mean she didn't have any wounds.

Wasn’t it dark when she left the apartment? I know she was last heard from at 6:00pm, but was that a text or phone call? Do we know when she actually jumped the fence? It’s DARK here around 5:00pm these days.

Youngsville PA. About 2 1/2 hours drive to closest airports - either Cleveland or Pittsburgh, with nonstop flights to Houston.
Oh shoot my bad. Thanks. I had just read an article and must have misremembered as I didn't copy and paste the town name. 2.5 hours is quite the trip to get to an airport.

Decades ago, a naked woman was banging at my door at 4 am. She had ran out the door during a violent argument with her boyfriend. She ran well over a mile, nude, banging on doors until someone would open. When I opened the door, she basically pushed inside, and the boyfriend was up in the street in his car. He had been following her while she ran through yards and streets. She had two black eyes. I got her some tea and clothes and we called the police, who came and took her with them. I never even knew her full name.

I am not familiar with this story, but you were very brave. Thank you. Letting her in. Tea, clothes, and calling LE.
I hoped it turned out well.
If I am faced with such a situation I hope I am courageous as you are.

It's an "out-there" story, her jumping a fence and running to get in a car and then somehow ending up dead, nude, and under some bushes off a highway.

- Why couldn't AS leave her apartment through the front door?
- Who was blocking her exit?
- Who was driving this alleged car she jumped into?
- Has that person come forward or otherwise been identified?

The last "known" person she was with that day was her allegedly soon-to-be-estranged husband.

Having clothes removed doesn't do a thing to obscure an ID of a dead person. M.E.s use dental charts, DNA, and visual means to determine the person's ID. Clothes removed can mean the perp wanted to discard anything that might contain their own DNA and/or it's treating a body like trash to humiliate the victim.
Better chance of locating the patio than the vehicle at mo.
Was it to the front or rear of the apartment?
And yes, indeed, there are very many ways to identify an unclothed body.

ETA, vehicle could have been a taxi?

Last edited:
From Fox News about an hour ago... No new information but just some discussion:

Former DC detective: 'Only a matter of time' until police make arrest in Sharkey death

ETA It really didn't add much of anything, just went over pretty much what has already been reported. I agree with him though that it's essentially just a waiting game... which is frustrating, but that's the way it has to be IMO

(Edited to correct formatting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member