Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say hey! It's been a rough year and I simply had to take a break after Gannon's case. I saw this case and knew I had to come "home" to Websleuths!

FYI, ring cams are not only doorbell cams, we have a few covering our home\yard.

I feel like the offender wanted her humiliated yet found quickly. My heart hurts for her family.

I read all 40 pages overnight but perhaps I missed something. Can anyone tell me when she last spoke to friends or family, not including any texts? Bc if she wasn't posting on Black Friday I'm thinking it was bc she couldn't.
I think the last time she talked, not texted, to anyone was on Thursday Thanksgiving at a friends house.

Ohhh, Black Friday sales! I would imagine that would be a very busy day for someone doing online sales. I know nothing about Instagram, is it possible to see what she did last year for Black Friday?

Also, I would imagine with more people looking to avoid crowded shopping malls and stores this holiday, she'd be all out for Black Friday this year, especially.

Side note: sounds a bit daft, but fancy hair products make a great gift, better than fancy bath bombs/soaps/lotions, imo.

I just checked some friends who sell Monat and other MLMs pages and only one did something for Black Friday (for another MLM - makeup, and it was talking about December launches). About half seem to have done stuff for small business Saturday. Doesn’t mean they didn’t do anything in stories but some are older and don’t use stories at all so if they did something I would have expected it in their feeds.

edited to add: I did see some “Black Friday” week type posts which were launched earlier in the week (Monday or so). Forgot to mention that.

Can we ask a mod to put the timeline in the thread as well? We are going to be going to thread #2 shortly so it would be nice to see it in the initial few comments.
I have been told that the media/maps/timeline thread is for this purpose - in other threads I am active in, I would try to be one of the first posts so I could add the timeline - Gannon, Jennifer, Suzanne and a few others. This has been my experience. They do include the media thread in the opening post of each new thread.

If she promoted ANY sales then didn't follow thru on Friday, that's what I think of as a deafening silence.

I'm assuming bc Thanksgiving was with the friends family, there are witnesses, plural. Did her husband attend the dinner?

I have been told that the media/maps/timeline thread is for this purpose - in other threads I am active in, I would try to be one of the first posts so I could add the timeline - Gannon, Jennifer, Suzanne and a few others. This has been my experience. They do include the media thread in the opening post of each new thread.

Thanks. That's good.

If she promoted ANY sales then didn't follow thru on Friday, that's what I think of as a deafening silence.

I'm assuming bc Thanksgiving was with the friends family, there are witnesses, plural. Did her husband attend the dinner?
According to Tom Sharkey's interview with ABC13, "they shared a Thanksgiving meal together Thursday morning."

Sounds like they had brunch before she went to see her friends.

(ABC13, December 2, 2020)

Here is what MSM posted re the complex that I am aware of:
- 11000 block of Katy freeway: "A missing persons report, lodged with Houston Police Department that evening, stated that the woman was last seen Friday, when she left her home in the 11000 block of Katy Freeway. The street where her body was found is about three miles to the west." Body found next to Houston road identified as missing woman (At least one other msm news outlet posted video with the image of the missing person's report with that address as well)
- Video of complex and intersection signage at Wilcrest: A video of the complex was on local tv KHOU and tweeted out showing the complex and the intersection signage of Wilcrest https://twitter.com/KHOUmelissa/status/1333567643752787970
Lousy screenshot by me from that video attached

Indeed I am aware that the MSM is being intentionally vague at this time, and not posting the actual address.

It's very common for them to leave the actual address out and instead give the block number and street name. I suspect there are possibly legal reasons for this, especially if innocent family members also live at the address. In our case, the victim's husband still lives there, by all media accounts and since sleuthing the hubby is off limits, it's a very murky area as per TOS.

Indeed I am aware that the MSM is being intentionally vague at this time, and not posting the actual address.

It's very common for them to leave the actual address out and instead give the block number and street name. I suspect there are possibly legal reasons for this, especially if innocent family members also live at the address. In our case, the victim's husband still lives there, by all media accounts and since sleuthing the hubby is off limits, it's a very murky area as per TOS.
Agree, especially as he has claimed he is in receipt of death threats.

no new info
  • Sharkey's naked body was found at the side of a Houston road on November 28
  • Her death remains a mystery and there have been no arrests in connection
  • Now friends say the influencer worked for hair and beauty brand Monat
  • The Florida based company, founded in 2014, is multi-level marketing scheme
  • MLM schemes like Monat are 'akin to pyramid schemes', according to reports
  • Monat was even accused of operating as one by lawsuit filed in 2018
  • It has also faced claims customers experienced hair loss, balding and itching
'Murdered' Houston influencer Alexis Sharkey worked for beauty 'pyramid scheme' Monat | Daily Mail Online
Article also states prelimnary autopsy does not rule out foul play

Fox also reports on her company
Houston Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey was reportedly 'mentor' at Monat — a possible pyramid scheme

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards this not being the spousal murder theater we see so much of here. But really, I don't get a good vibe about anybody around Alexis other than her family, so who knows.

IMO
I don't have the faintest idea.
Prelim autopsy showed nothing obvious if the mailonline report is accurate.
That possibly means no cardiac brain or other abnormalities..
Full autopsy will, hopefully disclose further info if detected.
It's an 'if' still.
We simply have no idea how she died.

Semi-local here! I am in Houston today and passed by, and There is a memorial up at the Red Haw site. I'm trying to post a picture but can't lower the resolution from my phone. Will try a few different ways while I wait for my prescription!

Semi-local here! I am in Houston today and passed by, and There is a memorial up at the Red Haw site. I'm trying to post a picture but can't lower the resolution from my phone. Will try a few different ways while I wait for my prescription!
That is so sweet to hear - I am local but I have not been by yet.

When I heard about it being near the I-10 I_45 I reflected back on the 'Killing fields' of Texas.
Must be careful on what we post so not to be deleted.
Wish someone was here t o tell us how she was found. Was she laying on her back with her arms crossed over her chest. and how was she found.
I know some have already come to conclusion on whom did it. Waiting for an update from the LEOs.
things seem to have slowed down somewhat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member