Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio

For comparisons sake, Paighton Houston
Died December 20/21
Remains recovered January 3
COD/MOD announced as accidental morphine and methamphetamine toxicity (overdose) January 30

27 days between autopsy and announcing OD. We don’t know if LE knew about the toxicology results prior to January 30 but less than 4 weeks is slightly sooner or about average time it takes for the results.

If AS case follows a similar timeline we can expect tox results around December 24.

Looks like that is how its leaning. I remember the Paighton case, her poor friend even felt the need to get a lawyer.

It is possible she did run off and jump a fence. For sure then she would have been under the influence.
The thing is though, unlike Paighton, there does not seem to be much evidence of prior drug use, not that it means she hasn't.
If it is an OD, it may not even rise to abuse of corpse. Paighton was buried. Alexis was placed there. We don't know if she was already naked. MOO
If someone the size of her husband was physically blocking the front door, it would be easier to jump the fence. Also Alexis was a new-school public figure. People like her are much more careful about managing the information available about them. The info we had about Paighton's struggles with addiction could have easily been scrubbed by her if it had been something she felt the need to do

Paighton Houston: Alabama woman died of accidental overdose; burial suspect nabbed in Ohio

For comparisons sake, Paighton Houston
Died December 20/21
Remains recovered January 3
COD/MOD announced as accidental morphine and methamphetamine toxicity (overdose) January 30

27 days between autopsy and announcing OD. We don’t know if LE knew about the toxicology results prior to January 30 but less than 4 weeks is slightly sooner or about average time it takes for the results.

If AS case follows a similar timeline we can expect tox results around December 24.
I thought it was longer for her body to be found but I guess it just felt longer since it was a real mainstream media case and so many people were so worried about her while she was missing. That case was fully before the pandemic hit in the US though so I would say 4 weeks is pretty optimistic. On the other hand, Paighton 's body would have been in worse shape

"Tons"?
@MoeInVA bbm Glad you caught specific phrase reporter used.
bbm 1. Conceding: LE having tons of surveillance footage to review is better than no recordings to review, but I wonder if the cams captured anything useful, admissible as evidence? Did these "tons" of surv vids record anything
relevant to ARS' death, her movements, potential perps, etc? Are vehicle's makes, models, and plates unassailably clear?
bbm 2. As to TS telling reporter he provided all of ARS' digital/e- data to LE, well, the accuracy of that stmt hinges on TS' truthfulness & his knowledge of all her devices. Did she have a burner phone he was unaware of? Maybe.

Agreeing that LE has a lot to review which may or may not be sufficient for a successful prosecution for crimes committed, if any. my2cts.
{ETA: If LE announced they had tons of evd, I missed it. Anyone see or hear that?}

@Ontario Mom
Obviously I don’t know personally, but I was extremely encouraged that Campion reported there was TONS of CLEAR surveillance video. Doesn’t guarantee it’s useful, but tons AND clear sounds very promising and sounds like the info came from sources who had already reviewed said footage and found it to be clear. Jmo.

Obviously I don’t know personally, but I was extremely encouraged that Campion reported there was TONS of CLEAR surveillance video. Doesn’t guarantee it’s useful, but tons AND clear sounds very promising and sounds like the info came from sources who had already reviewed said footage and found it to be clear. Jmo.
I’m sure anything he said was ok’d or given by police. Or just the obvious. So many surveillance cameras these days. That would scare the beejus out of perp. I would imagine.
Campion is well known here. He has a lot of compassion for victims. His coverage of Vanessa Guillen murder was heartfelt & compassionate.

The longer this continues I’m leaning more and more towards “overdose + someone moved her body”

If they find the person(s) that moved her body also distributed drugs to her, that may have them facing Texas drug trafficking laws for the manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance which causes death or serious bodily injury. I would think that would carry a severe penalty.

All I’ve found so far is: “The sentences involved may range anywhere from 180 days to two years in state jail and/or a fine of no more than $10,000 for a state jail felony, to life in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice or a term of 15 to 99 years in prison and/or a fine of not more than $250,000 for the heaviest first degree felony. The harshness of the sentence imposed depends on how much of the drug is being trafficked.”

Texas Drug Trafficking / Distribution Laws - FindLaw

jmo

I'm still gonna be shocked if this was an overdose and body dump. But, waiting impatiently for whatever happens next.
They're awaiting autopsy, could take quite awhile...
There is no evidence it was an od and a body-dump.
But there is no evidence of an alternative narrative either.
We know nothing at all about what really happened after she left her friend's place on Thanksgiving until she was located dead.
LE are holding this close to their chests, we were never even told what position her body was in when she was found just that her feet were visible.
Deep breaths.

What do you think happened to Alexis? I can’t make up my mind about this case.
I have another possibility.

In some ways it reminds me of a case here on websleuths, where the victim was found naked and hidden in bushes (that had supposedly been searched prior by LE). The post mortem found that the 'victim' had actually died of hypothermia but their body had contained a significant amount of drugs (prescription). Whilst no-one knows what actually transpired, it was suggested that the drugs had an effect of euphoria and disorientation, hence the removal of clothing, and probably sought out the bushes as some sort of refuge. Body also had no signs of injury. So whilst the victim died of Hypothermia, it was the effect of the drugs that led to the removal of clothing (and eventual death). Probably not relevant here, but a very sad case nontheless.
Edited sp & clarification

Last edited:
Death of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey: Where does the investigation stand?
snipped
Death of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey: Where does the investigation stand?
By Steve Campion
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 10:41PM

It's been more than two weeks since a Houston Instagram influencer was found dead and questions surrounding her death remain unanswered.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- It's been more than two weeks since a Houston Instagram influencer was found dead and questions surrounding her death remain unanswered.

Alexis Sharkey, a 26-year-old who moved to Houston in January, was found dead on the side of a road on Nov. 28 in west Houston. Her story has since gained national attention.

READ MORE: What we know about the Houston influencer found dead

This week, Eyewitness News contacted HPD investigators to check on the status of the investigation. They tell ABC13 Sharkey's cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
-------------
added to her media thread

Last edited:

In some ways it reminds me of a case here on websleuths, where the victim was found naked and hidden in bushes (that had supposedly been searched prior by LE). The post mortem found that the 'victim' had actually died of hypothermia but their body had contained a significant amount of drugs (prescription). Whilst no-one knows what actually transpired, it was suggested that the drugs had an effect of euphoria and disorientation, hence the removal of clothing, and probably sought out the bushes as some sort of refuge. Body also had no signs of injury. So whilst the victim died of Hypothermia, it was the effect of the drugs that led to the removal of clothing (and eventual death). Probably not relevant here, but a very sad case nontheless.

Good thought however it was actually raining and muggy here that day. The lows were in the 60's.

I thought this too. Drug effects Start taking clothes off. LE never said where her clothes were. Of course they won’t tell us. But yeah. Plausible to me.

I like your theory here. I asked about the weather several pages back because I was thinking along the same lines as you. @mocity said the weather was 60's, muggy and rainy. Hypothermia could happen in these conditions, especially if you add the rain. IMO

“Hypothermia may be related to drugadministration; such medications include beta-blockers, clonidine, meperidine, neuroleptics, and general anesthetic agents. Ethanol, phenothiazines, and sedative-hypnotics also reduce the body's ability to respond to low ambient temperatures”. Just more info.

There is a strange occurrence that happens to some people with lethal hypothermia - paradoxical undressing. I don't believe it played out in this case but I have seen it in deceased, recovered missing hikers. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member