TX TX - Alfonso Hernandez, 28, (dec), Weltzin Garcia, 26, car empty, Grand Prairie/Dallas, 5 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 6, 2019.

1. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

I'm so sad. Now the question is, is she in the lake with him or somewhere else?
    We will look again tomorrow. She has to come home too

Dre, StarEyes, turanna25 and 4 others like this.
  2. squid

squid On Time Out

The couple's children were returned to family members Sunday evening, the family wrote on a Facebook page dedicated to finding Weltzin Mireles.

Child Protective Services removed the children from relatives' care about a week ago "to ensure their safety and security," spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said at the time.

Gonzales said in an email Sunday night that the children, who had been in a foster home, were returned to their relatives because "staff felt they could be safely reunited with family at this time."

Grand Prairie man wanted on domestic assault charge found dead in White Rock Lake; estranged girlfriend still missing | Grand Prairie | Dallas News

3. squid

squid On Time Out

4. squid

squid On Time Out

Body found in White Rock Lake identified as missing Grand Prairie man

In the video at this link the Grand Prairie officer states "we don't know where she is at so we are actually still obtaining search warrants for some digital evidence we've recovered. Those may give us a better timeline once we've recovered that information. It may give us a different location it may not. White Rock Lake is still not the only location we're searching."

5. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad the kids are back with Family before another tragedy hits the family , not too fond of TX CS track record.

6. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

7. squid

squid On Time Out

Search for Missing Woman Called-Off at White Rock Lake

Dallas police will continue to fly their helicopter over the lake, looking for signs of Garcia, but the dive team only planned to return if something was spotted. In the meantime, officers planned to search other areas between the lake and Grand Prairie that the pair may have been, using information taken from cell phone pings.

They started searching at 8 a.m. Monday near the spillway where Hernandez's body was recovered. Dive team members said with the way the current was flowing, they were confident he drifted to that area. From there, they moved north, combing over the section of water surrounding where his car was found abandoned nearly two weeks ago.

The search was called off at about 2 p.m.

Dallas police confirmed to NBC 5 they were able to obtain mobile phone records for both Garcia and Hernandez and that both phones have pinged near White Rock Lake.

Garcia's twin, Atziry Garcia Mireles, told NBC 5 Monday morning that her sister's phone was found in Hernandez's pocket. His phone, police said, was found in his car.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

This is heartbreaking. Her phone was in his pocket and his was left in the car? I’m a little surprised they’re not continuing to search the lake for her body. I’m feeling so sad for the family, I hope they’re able to get closure soon in order to really begin mourning.

9. Carja7

Carja7 Member

This is speculation but I'm wondering if she is at an entirely different location based on him having her phone. Maybe he left her somewhere and then took her phone with him so they wouldn't find her if he was thinking about them being able to track phones? Or maybe it was an argument over something on her phone if he was possessive which is why it's on him? Just random thoughts. IMO. (Edited for grammar)

10. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

A few weeks ago, police issued a warrant for Hernandez’s arrest for domestic violence. But days after the warrant was issued both Garcia, 26, and Hernandez, 28, disappeared.

On Sunday, police found Hernandez’s body in White Rock Lake, where they earlier had found his car. But Garcia’s body still has not been found.

Garcia's identical twin said that police found Weltzin Garcia's phone in Hernadez's pocket, and that his phone was in his car.

Body of missing Texas boyfriend found, but girlfriend's whereabouts a mystery

11. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

you moved?

12. cvaldez1975

whyyy that's awful

13. cvaldez1975

I am thinking that she is not at the lake. I hope they are able to comb the areas they were pinged between grand prairie and the lake.

StarEyes and Carja7 like this.
  14. squid

squid On Time Out

Weltzin García Mireles: Grupo de mujeres de Lakewood crean red de apoyo para familiares de joven desaparecida

A group of women, who reside in one of the neighborhoods around White Rock, met this week with family members of Weltzin Garcia Mireles, the girl from Grand Prairie who has been missing since February 5, to offer support. The objective is to create a support network, legal and financial, around the family, preventing what may happen in the immediate future of the case.

Among the topics discussed at a Lakewood restaurant with Atziry Garcia Mireles, Welztin's twin sister, and her mother Baina Bireles, are the imminent legal issues for the family, such as the proceedings of a power of attorney, the process of restraining the mortgage accounts and how to find out if Alfonso Hernández, Weltzin's late boyfriend, had life insurance.

"Keep this little cross in your pocket," said Donna Vaught, one of the administrators of the Lakewood Ladies group , as she took some wrapped gifts out of her bag. "We have one in our pocket to pray for their daughter. Every time you hold it, remember that there is a world full of love that surrounds it ". The group of neighbors that focuses on supporting women in the area created a ******** account that has raised $ 700, less than 15% of the $ 5,000 goal.

Vaught explained that in addition to raising funds, they seek to create a support community for Atziry and Bania. Donna's husband, Allen Vaught, works as a manager of a labor law firm and represented the neighborhood in the state Legislature. Vaught explained that his family knows lawyers and people who can help the family with the legal adversities he faces. "This situation happened in our community, and we take care of whoever is in our community, regardless of whether they live here or not," Vaught said. "We are going to offer any resource that can potentially help the family, and we will not be watching without doing anything."

SBM

15. sloane7777

CPS had the kids until he was found they were returned to the family once they knew HIS whereabouts , I think they were just trying to keep them safe ( still not crazy about TX CPS)

16. sloane7777

I know they have been searching but no news as of late . Bump

17. squid

squid On Time Out

Se cumple un mes: ¿Qué pasó con la pareja que desapareció en Grand Prairie?

One month has passed since two Grand Prairie parents were reported missing.

SBM

However, despite the search efforts of authorities and relatives, there are still no traces about García.

Telemundo 39 tried to get more details about Hernandez's cause of death, but the Office of the Medical Examiner in Dallas told us that the results could take between 8 and 12 weeks.

Also, we contacted the Grand Prairie Police Department, but they told us that they do not have new details and that they are still investigating the case.

TatianaBarbie, DLHE, Mercedes and 5 others like this.
  18. DLHE

DLHE New Member

I am thinking she is in the creek south of where they found his body because of female body fat/less muscle are more buoyant (sorry); however if he snapped in grand prairie I have other ideas.

It is frustrating, seems like no one check south of spillway in the creek. I write gp police, canoe company on lake, white rock wildlife explorers, but no one responds even when I mention reward. I am too old to do it myself. :(

19. DLHE

DLHE New Member

The following is a theory based upon some evidence, and other spousal murder/suicide patterns.

Based upon the mud spray on his abandoned car, he may have went off road with her. He may have had sometime to get more angry and snap within a short period of time and may have happen in Grand Prairie. Possible there was GPS tracking involved. He may have stayed at night on the weekend in the empty house to avoid arrest on domestic abuse warrant, but no where else to go Monday night coming to ahead, no home, job, or kids to come to, and growing resentment.

Possibly going off road near hwy 30 in Grand Prairie before getting on hwy 30 towards Dallas.
    or possibly off road near the hwy 30 exit at Gaston Rd on the way to white rock lake there is an isolated off road area by the park/creek.
    or possibly off road near where his body was found, but she may now be further down the creek where it bends like a sink trap (sorry)
    My intuition and experience tells me rushed up to her out of the car, taking her phone, and immediately snapped, strangling her outside the vehicle as he would need to overpower her. Sorry but with all that rage and emotion that is my opinion on what happen and where to bring her back to her family to rest.

I understand that the long drive from Grand Prairie to White Rock Lake may be due to adrenaline/shock, and kept driving until the adrenaline/shock wore off and the reality of it all sunk in (the distance/driving time seems to match the time adrenaline wears off).

I believe he realized what he did and remorse and guilt.

StarEyes and JEMB135 like this.