ú

Found Deceased TX - Alfonso Hernandez, 28, (dec), Weltzin Garcia, 26, car empty, Grand Prairie/Dallas, 5 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 6, 2019.

1. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

2. Alice253

Alice253 Live Every Moment

So White Rock and Mountain Creek lakes are nowhere near each other. So seems he killed her and disposed of her in Mountain Creek then went to White Rock to suicide, knowing LE would think she was where he was, and knowing it wouldn't take long for LE to locate the vehicle. He was trying to keep her from her family. Sitting on my hands....
    MOO

3. HIM_Darling

HIM_Darling Active Member

I dunno, I think its strange. His cause of death was drowning. That's a pretty uncommon way to commit suicide. Especially if he was a violent abusive guy. I could see shooting himself at the lake, in the car or even standing on a bridge so that he would fall in the lake after the fact. But straight up drowning seems off. I know everyone has been convinced he killed her, then himself, but I'm not so sure.

My theory is that he got mixed up with a bad crowd and owed them something or wronged them in some way. They took her as leverage, but jokes on them, he was a jerk and didn't care about her and was planning on skipping town to save his own tail, which is why he sent the apology and goodbye message to his family. But the bad guys got to him before he could leave or someone he trusted convinced him to meet at the lake and then they threw him in the lake, maybe knowing he wouldn't be able to swim to shore before drowning or somehow making sure he would drown. Then they still have to deal with her because she can identify them. Too dangerous to go back to white rock lake because the police found his car and are sniffing around so they dump her body in mountain creek lake.

Lynetta, zencompass and Alice253 like this.
  4. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

First thing my hubby said when they found her there "He owes someone some money!"

swedeheart, Lynetta and zencompass like this.
  5. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I think suicide by drowning is so strange, I would never ever see that as an option... it’s seemingly happening a lot lately and it screams foul play to me way more than suicide.

swedeheart, Lynetta and zencompass like this.
  6. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

its instinct to find a way to breathe, unless you absolutely cant swim whatsoever I have no idea how to drown yourself !

swedeheart, Dre and zencompass like this.
  7. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Woman found dead in Dallas lake two months after the body of her boyfriend was found 16 miles away | Daily Mail Online
    • Weltzin Garcia, 26, was found by a kayaker in Mountain Creek Lake in Texas
    • The remains of her partner Alfonso Hernandez, 28, were found 16 miles away in White Rock Lake on February 17
    • The pair vanished on February 5. Hernandez had a warrant out for his arrest on domestic violence charges against his partner in January.
    • Their two children, aged three and six, have been handed over to Garcia's sister
    • A primary autopsy showed no signs of trauma, Garcia's body was found last week although investigators only announced her identity on Monday afternoon
    upload_2019-4-10_4-48-0.jpeg upload_2019-4-10_4-48-25.jpeg

8. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Family of Missing GP Mom Found Dead Express Frustration

The family of a missing Grand Prairie mother whose body was found in a Dallas lake came forward today to release tragic new details into the death of the 26-year-old mother of two.

The family of Weltzin Garcia is also expressing frustration at the way the Grand Prairie Police Department has handled the case.

[...]

Garcia says Dallas police, which joined the investigation, did provide the family new evidence found inside Garcia’s Grand Prairie home this week.

“They told us that they found blood in my sister’s room, all the way to the garage,” said Garcia.

This is upsetting, she says, because Grand Prairie police checked the house the day Garcia was reported missing in February and did not reveal any blood was found until today.

[...]

Autopsies and toxicology reports are still pending.

Dallas police told NBC 5 today they are treating the deaths as ‘unexplained’ until the autopsies are complete.

[...]

9. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

This latest article mentions LE current view of case - murder/suicide Missing Grand Prairie couple case turns into murder investigation

10. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

A Grand Prairie woman whose body was found in a Dallas lake was strangled, according to the Dallas County medical examiner.

Weltzin Garcia Mireles' body was found two months after she and her estranged boyfriend went missing. Her death has been ruled a homicide.

The 26-year-old woman and her longtime boyfriend, Alfonso Roderick Hernandez, went missing in February. Their car was found near White Rock Lake.

An arrest warrant had been issued for Hernandez, 28, who was accused of assaulting Garcia Mireles. She had filed a restraining order against him weeks before she went missing.

Hernandez's body was recovered in February from White Rock Lake. His death was ruled suicide by drowning.

Garcia Mireles' body was found in April in Mountain Creek Lake.

She died of homicidal violence, including strangulation, according to the Dallas County Medical Examiner's office.

The couple had two children together, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy.

Woman found dead in Dallas lake was strangled, medical examiner rules

Lynetta, cybervampira, Dre and 2 others like this.
  11. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Well the water temp was somewhere around freezing at night that time of year, so slipping into that water would make you pass out in under 15 minutes if the cold shock response doesn't kill you first.