Deceased/Not Found TX - Andreen McDonald, 29, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019 *husband arrested*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by squid, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Missing San Antonio woman honored at vigil

“I have faith that we will find her and that justice will be served,” said Joseph Spencer, a friend of Andreen’s, who met her through the senior care industry. He and about 50 others, including members of her family, attended the vigil.

“Today we’re here to celebrate a beautiful and strong life, a vibrant life,” said the Rev. Katrina Ornelas, who led the service. “She was a light and a beacon of strength and courage, and she illuminated the room whenever she walked into it. She was a light of Christ in so many ways.”

Flicka1, songbrd, Steelslady and 6 others like this.
  2. JrTex

JrTex Member

3. Tillicum

4. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

5. JrTex

JrTex Member

People in the Facebook group are looking at organizing another search in and around the McDonald home. I would suggest the area behind Baptist Emergency Hospital between the church (CrossBridge) and the hospital. Maybe when he told friends she was at the hospital there was an element of truth to what he said. It is right by his daughter's school and so likely an area he would be familiar with.

6. nightowl1975

nightowl1975 Well-Known Member

I feel like they’ve searched the area immediately surrounding the hospital, but there’s honestly just SO MUCH wooded area within a small radius of their home. I’m worried about what a hastily dug grave would look like as time passes. It’s been in the mid 80’s in SA, which I would think would dry out any wet earth. It’s early spring, so grass, shrubs, trees, bushes, and weeds are all growing like wild fire. So it won’t be long IMO that whatever grave he dug won’t be obvious to a civilian search volunteer soon. I just pray she is found soon.

7. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

I haven't said a whole lot but I check this thread frequently with the hopes she will be found.

My prayers continue.

Nudgee, Flicka1, Kavya01 and 6 others like this.
  8. JrTex

JrTex Member

I'm starting to think he had an accomplice in the destruction/hiding of remains. Had her friends not helped themselves into the house while he was gone, there would be an entirely different narrative right now and he's probably walking free or hiding out. Maybe the gun purchase was to silence his helper when things got hot

Flicka1 and travelbug like this.
  9. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

I don't think he is that smart to think like that.

Just came by to check on Andreen's case.... Lord please let them find her!

10. squid

squid On Time Out

11. Tillicum

12. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

What is with these guys killing their wives/fiances/girlfriends?

Not all of them are on drugs or steroids. I don't get why they would even consider hurting their partners or exes. They leave a long trail of devastation and heartbreak, and they eventually get caught and lose their freedom. For what? To show her who's the boss?

This poor woman, my heart is aching for her and her family and friends. I know we all hope that she is found soon. Another lovely lady's life taken by some monster.

Flicka1, Trinitee, ilovechili and 4 others like this.
  13. Tillicum

14. JrTex

JrTex Member

I suspect a bail reduction is coming soon. Destruction of evidence is a 3rd Degree Felony. $1 million is probably high. I wouldn't be surprised if a reduction to $250,000 is granted and he posts.

Flicka1 and travelbug like this.
  15. ilovechili

Reduced bail? I would hope not. I had hoped she would be found by now.

Flicka1, Dre, Kavya01 and 1 other person like this.
  16. JrTex

JrTex Member

No body and no known crime. This is nowhere close to meeting the requirements for a high bail. As lousy as it is, it is still merely a 2nd Degree Felony for destruction of evidence

17. ilovechili

I get that but it bites. I thought when they arrested him, I know it is always a guessing game as to whether to wait or not, some LE agencies wait until they have built the murder case, others do it on a charge they can level first while building it. My guess was seeing him buy ammo, etc. made them worry about the safety of others and what he may do next... Yet I wonder if they had waited or surveilled him further if they would have found her.

Not judging just saying it has to be a difficult choice by LE. If he does get out, they may watch him now but the odds of him thinking he is not being watched are going to be slimmer... I am sure they hoped to find her while he is in jail. Also once arrested for anything, and at their first court appearance, they are usually lawyered up from that time after, no more chances for interviews... Not that he was talking anyhow the way it sounds...

Sigh. I don't know, I just do not want to see him out.

I truly hoped she would be found by now. They probably did as well.

ETA: Here is hoping they find her and have what they need before any bond is reduced!

Flicka1, AnnaGrace, Sera and 6 others like this.
  18. Tillicum

Andreen McDonald's Husband Asks for Bail Reduction from $2 Million

Authorities are still searching for the woman.

Initially, the sheriff's office welcomed the public's help in its investigation. Community members formed their own search parties to help solve the case.

"Now, because we don't have specific intelligence leading us to a certain spot that's conducive to searching with volunteers, we're handling much of those land searches on our own," Salazar continued.

19. squid

squid On Time Out

Search for missing Bexar County woman narrowing to specific areas

Two weeks after Andreen McDonald went missing, and following days of searching in different areas around Bexar County, the investigation may be narrowing.

Deputies and military personnel were searching an area behind McDonald’s house in the Stone Oak area Friday. According to the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, authorities are now searching specific areas based on what has been uncovered in their investigation.

20. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

Here's hoping they can find at least a part (sorry...) of her body. Enough to provide evidence for a murder conviction.