Deceased/Not Found TX - Andreen McDonald, 29, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019 *husband arrested*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by squid, Mar 2, 2019.

1. squid

squid Well-Known Member

Volunteers not giving up in the search for missing mother Andreen McDonald

A group of volunteers will continue to expand their search Sunday afternoon, 16 days after McDonald disappeared.

On Saturday, Marie Kaffaga was searching on her own along US-281. The group has been calling in resources to help in the searches. Kaffaga said they have searched at Camp Bullis, the Stone Oak area near the vicinity of the McDonald's home, Canyon Lake and other area.

"It's been tough conditions and there's not a whole lot to go on," she said. "We are trying to put ourselves in the situation and figure out maybe (where) we would go, as morbid as that sounds, but we're looking on the satellite maps for desolate areas like this, but (that) are easily accessible."

Volunteers plan to continue searching Sunday afternoon at the Overlook Parkway.

2. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...red-for-info-on-Andreen-McDonald-13702497.php

3. squid

squid Well-Known Member

Michael Board (@MikeBoard1200) tweeted at 11:08 AM on Wed, Mar 20, 2019:
    Andreen McDonald, the missing woman who is believed to be murdered, possibly by her husband? @BexarCoSheriff says got an update last night in technology (cell/gps). Can’t get into details. No more official searches.
    (Michael Board on Twitter)

4. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

5. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

margarita25, Nudgee, Hatch and 7 others like this.
  6. Plo_Koon

Plo_Koon Well-Known Member

Is her husband still in custody? He's a real POS and I am reeeaaallly hoping they find Andreen so they can charge the asshat, MOO.

7. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

Heartbreaking to see another case like this. Hopefully LE will find more answers soon and anyone with any information will come forward.

8. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

I hope it's okay to post this from their Assisted Living website. It's from an article written about Andreen on 9/11/17 with a quote from Andreen. It brought tears to my eyes when I read it.

About Us - Starlight Homes

McDonald was also guided by advice from a friend in Jamaica. “He said, ‘The decisions you make when you’re young create a path for better or worse for your future. That’s going to ultimately determine what’s going to happen for the rest of your life.’ I always go back to that: It’s the decisions that you make when you’re young that change your future.”

9. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Just checking to see if she has been found and what is new. This is a case that seems too quiet to me. I hope they can find her and I sure hope they can keep him behind bars. I check constantly to see if there is news. Have searches stopped?

happyday, Flicka1, Plo_Koon and 3 others like this.
  10. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

From Tillicum's link:

Andreen's husband, Andre McDonald, is currently in jail on a $2 million bond on a charge of tampering with evidence relating to the investigation surrounding her disappearance.

Reward offered for information in Andreen McDonald case

11. nightowl1975

nightowl1975 Well-Known Member

Official searches with volunteers have stopped, but neighbors and friends from the area continue to search on their own.

He’s asked for a lowered bond as well. I figure this is a pressure tactic. They either charge him with her murder and go with the evidence they have or they will likely have to reduce the bond because that’s an excessive amount for the current charge.

12. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

His case/bail probably fell under the "special circumstances" when the State's Atty requested the bail be that high. Often, more than not, if someone has not posted bail in a reasonable amount of time, their attorney will request a bail reduction hearing. Very common occurance in criminal courts.

margarita25, happyday, Hatch and 6 others like this.
  13. JrTex

JrTex Member

On the other side to this, he is literally accumulating time served while he sits in jail. If he just gets charged with Destruction of Evidence, he will have already served his time when the indictment comes down From a legal standpoint, he's doing well even though justice is hardly being served in this case, unfortunately.

14. nightowl1975

nightowl1975 Well-Known Member

The military will likely take care of him if the state opts not to charge him. I doubt he will get away with this... it may take USMJ to get it done, but they typically don’t mess around.

15. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

True, however if there's no evidence just speculation, he might get away with it, at least for now.

happyday likes this.
  16. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

I certainly hope you are correct.

happyday and Kapua like this.
  17. morganelliott6

morganelliott6 New Member

Hi, I’m new here! So this is my very first post :))

I read in a facebook discussion that possibly if he got out the military would probably take him into custody. Has this happened before in previous cases? What can they do differently?

margarita25 likes this.
  18. sandmannc

sandmannc Member

Welcome morganelliot6!

margarita25 and morganelliott6 like this.
  19. sandmannc

sandmannc Member

I don't know the answers to your questions but I bet someone on here will be able to help you!

margarita25 and morganelliott6 like this.
  20. JrTex

JrTex Member

I have some experience in this and in my view there is not much the military could do as far as taking him into custody. When he was first apprehended, it was for a mental health evaluation and possibly the military could have exercised some very temporary authority in this area but the time for that has long since passed. This didn't happen on a military base and wasn't part of his military employment. Unless there is a connection to a military facility, they will not likely do more than assist.

Actually, the more I think about it, there really isn't even a federal statute that would apply in this instance in my view.