TX - Former NFL Antonio Armstrong & wife Dawn, both 42, fatally shot, Houston, *son charged* 29 Jul 2016 *Mistrials, 3rd trial in 2023 Guilty*

In a case like this, that appears to have had a strong, loving, core, it's just bizarre. Antonio's mom is probably going to be the best person to help the two kids, and they will feel free to discuss things with her in a relaxed manner since she is also their grandmother. They are so lucky to have her. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Being a nurse, I am certain they have already obtained a urine specimen from the son in custody, and they may have had a blood draw done also. With the rampant drug use nowadays, it's practically routine. Somebody mentioned possible steroid use. That problem is also growing. Even steroids given for short term therapy can really reek havoc with your emotions. They can make you happy and relaxed, because they are taking away pain and inflammation, or they can make you nervous, snappy, jumpy, tired, mad, or tearful. Depends on the dose and your individual chemical makeup.
Probably alot of people, especially the younger ones also don't know they can permanently scar your stomach lining, some to the point of causing long term digestive problems and make your bones brittle. They are necessary in certain cases, but they have alot of undesirable side effects.

Being a nurse, I am certain they have already obtained a urine specimen from the son in custody, and they may have had a blood draw done also. With the rampant drug use nowadays, it's practically routine. Somebody mentioned possible steroid use. That problem is also growing. Even steroids given for short term therapy can really reek havoc with your emotions. They can make you happy and relaxed, because they are taking away pain and inflammation, or they can make you nervous, snappy, jumpy, tired, mad, or tearful. Depends on the dose and your individual chemical makeup.
Probably alot of people, especially the younger ones also don't know they can permanently scar your stomach lining, some to the point of causing long term digestive problems and make your bones brittle. They are necessary in certain cases, but they have alot of undesirable side effects.

Thanks so much for all of the information!
Here's the latest. The son says he saw a male intruder enter the house. The cops charged him because he couldn't come up with a probable story when they arrived. Hello...parents just murdered - do you really think he can form sentences properly?! However, sounds like his prints were on the gun, His attorney's are claiming his innocence. Please dear God, let that be the case...

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...veal-new-details-about-slaying-of-8978899.php

Thanks so much for all of the information!
Here's the latest. The son says he saw a male intruder enter the house. The cops charged him because he couldn't come up with a probable story when they arrived. Hello...parents just murdered - do you really think he can form sentences properly?! However, sounds like his prints were on the gun, His attorney's are claiming his innocence. Please dear God, let that be the case...

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...veal-new-details-about-slaying-of-8978899.php

I can't imagine the LE arrested him solely on his story. I imagine they need a very good reason to arrest a 16 year old. JMO

Edited to add: Just saw your next post. :)

I can't imagine the LE arrested him solely on his story. I imagine they need a very good reason to arrest a 16 year old. JMO

Edited to add: Just saw your next post. :)

:crazy: Info just dribbles in, doesn't it!

This link provides a little more info. Sounds like the police had reasonable cause to arrest the son, imho.

http://abc13.com/news/hpd-conflicting-stories-led-to-teen-murder-suspects-arrest/1451696/
The security system had to be disarmed to let the police into the home may have blown the son's story of an intruder right away. Also gun powder residue may have been on him or his clothes. These cases are terribly sad, parents doing all they can to raise their children and for one it wasn't enough. Jmo

ciao

The security system had to be disarmed to let the police into the home may have blown the son's story of an intruder right away. Also gun powder residue may have been on him or his clothes. These cases are terribly sad, parents doing all they can to raise their children and for one it wasn't enough. Jmo

ciao

I was thinking that also,but if they'd found residue on him or even lifted a good set of prints off of the gun, wouldn't the outcome of today's hearing have been different? The charge would have been raised to a capital offense. Right now they are just keeping him while investors can get more facts.
But, I agree with you. The kids story is pretty fishy....

If the son didn't commit these murders, then I hope and pray the real killer is caught very, very soon. No kid should be locked up if he hasn't done anything wrong.
I know I called him a selfish, spoiled rotten little brat, but if he really didn't do this, he shouldn't be held in a detention center. Regardless of whether or not he's a selfish spoiled rotten little brat!
And I agree with another poster... I probably couldn't form a complete sentence if my parents had just been killed!

This case reminds me of Leila Fowler's murder. She and her 12yo brother were home alone when she was stabbed to death. The brother claimed a he saw a man in their home before discovering his dying sister, but LE later arrested the brother. Just before the trial, the defense team sounded like they had a major breakthrough in the case that would prove Isiah's innocence, but the defense fell flat during the trial and Isiah was convicted of his sister's murder.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Springs-27-Apr-2013-5&highlight=Leila+Fowler

I hope the Armstrongs' son is innocent, but I'm sure LE had reasonable cause to arrest him.

Checked three Houston newspapers and didn't find any follow-up on this case.

Checked three Houston newspapers and didn't find any follow-up on this case.

Yep...7:45pm Central Time and still nothing about the son. The prosecutors and media are probably giving the family time to get through the funeral. We'll get more when things gear back up...

BBM.

Wow. I don't think I could be so forgiving this quickly.
His family all seem to be supporting him. There's got to be alot more behind this than what we have heard. I hope with all my heart the son is not responsible. But then, you have to wonder who and why.

It is my opinion, and solely mine, that the families religious beliefs promote forgiveness. That doesn't mean they justify the murders, only that they forgive. Does this make sense?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back