Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1669901200745.png

WISE COUNTY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) — Police are searching for 7-year-old Athena Strand after her mother reported her missing from their Wise County home Wednesday evening.

Strand's mother reported her missing around 6:40 p.m. Nov. 30. Police said she spent "about an hour" looking for her daughter before contacting the sheriff's office.

Police said Strand was last seen near the 200 block of County Road 3573 in Paradise, Texas. She was wearing a plaid jacket, jeans and boots.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Wise County Sheriff's Office at 940-627-5971.

PARADISE, Texas — Multiple officials are helping a family look for a little girl that hasn't been seen since Wednesday evening in Wise County.

The county sheriff says they got a call from a mother shortly before 7 p.m. on Nov. 30. She said she had been looking for her daughter, 7-year-old Athena Strand, for about an hour.

As of 6 a.m. Thursday, the Wise County sheriff said she hasn't been found.
Athena was last seen around the 200 block of Country Croad 3573 in Paradise, Texas.

Multiple police departments, local Texas Rangers, fire departments and other are a part of the search

Anyone with information should call the Wise County Sheriff's Office (WCSO) at 940-627-5971.

Hi guys. I'm on my way out there now. Does anyone happen to remember seeing a missing poster that stated the police were treating her disappearance as a crime? I swear there was one floating around but now I don't see it anywhere.
If anyone has time to dig and can send me or post info, so that I can be more helpful, I would appreciate it.
Let's bring this little girl home to mommy.

View attachment 384028

WISE COUNTY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) — Police are searching for 7-year-old Athena Strand after her mother reported her missing from their Wise County home Wednesday evening.

Strand's mother reported her missing around 6:40 p.m. Nov. 30. Police said she spent "about an hour" looking for her daughter before contacting the sheriff's office.

Police said Strand was last seen near the 200 block of County Road 3573 in Paradise, Texas. She was wearing a plaid jacket, jeans and boots.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Wise County Sheriff's Office at 940-627-5971.

PARADISE, Texas — Multiple officials are helping a family look for a little girl that hasn't been seen since Wednesday evening in Wise County.

The county sheriff says they got a call from a mother shortly before 7 p.m. on Nov. 30. She said she had been looking for her daughter, 7-year-old Athena Strand, for about an hour.

As of 6 a.m. Thursday, the Wise County sheriff said she hasn't been found.
Athena was last seen around the 200 block of Country Croad 3573 in Paradise, Texas.

Multiple police departments, local Texas Rangers, fire departments and other are a part of the search

Anyone with information should call the Wise County Sheriff's Office (WCSO) at 940-627-5971.
The second link says stepmom went to the girl’s room and found her missing. Stepmom searched for an hour and didn’t find her. The description says Athena was wearing a jacket and boots.

Does this imply Athena deliberately walked out? Is it typical behavior for her?

From the link below:
The little girl hasn't been found as of about 1 p.m. Thursday. The sheriff tells WFAA that she possibly left after an argument with her parents.

From the Wise County Sheriff's Office on FB:
*****MISSING CHILD UPDATE*****
WCSO, DPS, the local Texas Ranger, Fort Worth PD, Bridgeport PD, local fire departments, Wise County EMS, Search Rescue One (K-9 assisted), and several others are currently searching the surrounding area. Please do not show up on location. We sincerely appreciate the concern our citizens have shown and will reach out to those who have left their contact information if or when we need additional help. If you see Athena Strand please contact the Wise County Sheriff's Office immediately at (940) 627-5971.

I found it interesting that they aren't seeking the public's help, but perhaps they don't want anyone interfering with scent trails.

The little girl hasn't been found as of about 1 p.m. Thursday. The sheriff tells WFAA that she possibly left after an argument with her parents.

hmm, wish we had more info on this argument. I couldn't find reference to it at the link but I played the video on low volume because I am at work right now and may have missed it.

Argument with her parents? Which one(s)? [self edit because no MSM link to corroborate] I find this possible argument troubling in the light this child is missing.

Last edited:
hmm, wish we had more info on this argument. I couldn't find reference to it at the link but I played the video on low volume because I am at work right now and may have missed it.

Argument with her parents? Which one(s)? [self edit because no MSM link to corroborate] I find this possible argument troubling in the light this child is missing.
The one line statement from Sheriff is in link below. 3rd paragraph. This is the most recent version

"The little girl hasn't been found as of about 1 p.m. Thursday. The sheriff tells WFAA that she possibly left after an argument with her parents."

I am troubled by the fact that many are reporting Athena as being last seen in her boots and coat. was that what she was wearing in the house, while in her room? Or are those articles of outerwear missing and presumed to be with Athena?

Athena Strand was last seen wearing a plaid jacket, jeans and boots.

Wise County Sheriff Lake Akin said a parent said she reported her daughter, 7-year-old Athena Strand, missing at 6:40 p.m. after the girl disappeared from her room
It probably shouldn't, but this made me giggle. I came home from work last night to my 11yo and 5yo sitting and watching TV in boots, winter coats, hats and gloves. I thought maybe they had to just come inside, but 30 min later they were still sitting like that. I asked my oldest why and she shrugged and said they were bored and decided to pretend it was snowing inside. Maybe I just have strange children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie