Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure is confusing with mother and stepmother being used interchangeably and referring to "parents" Not sure what the family dynamics are here, but am wondering if Athena has any contact with bio mom, is missing her, and has gone in search of her.

<modsnip: quoted post removed> Maybe they just went out somewhere on the property, as in they walked outside and went to a barn or something, but didn't actually "leave."

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they just went out somewhere on the property, as in they walked outside and went to a barn or something, but didn't actually "leave."
If they went out back, and she took off out the front, then it makes sense.
Have the parents said where they were after the argument, or what the argument was about?

The home does not have much around it. She had at least an hour to get to the main road. Maybe she was picked up by someone? The community seems really tight, maybe she even knew the person. They used drones & dogs before inviting in volunteers, wonder if they picked up on anything.
"
This Thursday, at 7:00 am, they resumed the search and dozens of volunteers arrived to join them.
They added K-9 dogs, drones, helicopters, mounted police and other corporations such as local firefighters to the search."

Color me lost and confused but where is everyone getting she had an argument with stepmom AND dad?
"
Authorities have told media outlets including WFAA-TV that the child might have run away after an argument with her parents. But they haven’t ruled out that someone could have abducted her, KTVT-TV reported.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article269449807.html#storylink=cpy"

So looks like maybe the parents told the LE who is relaying the information. Most of the articles are using "Mom" or "parents" vs "step Mom" so I think it might be causing some confusion.

My hinky meter isn't going off just yet. I've known people who have allowed children this young to walk to school alone, stay home alone for short periods of time, etc.

A few times awhile back, my child had a fight-or- flight "I'm running away!" response. It is very difficult to keep a child in the house when they are exploding and want to run out, if you haven't created a plan ahead of time regarding how to do so. I'm assuming these parents are deeply regretful that they let her out of their sights.

"
Authorities have told media outlets including WFAA-TV that the child might have run away after an argument with her parents. But they haven’t ruled out that someone could have abducted her, KTVT-TV reported.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article269449807.html#storylink=cpy"

So looks like maybe the parents told the LE who is relaying the information. Most of the articles are using "Mom" or "parents" vs "step Mom" so I think it might be causing some confusion.
I’ve seen that but everything I’ve read also said dad was hunting and was step mom whom she had the argument with.
It seems it matters which MSM is covering it which version we are getting.

Uggghh…. this is awful, and my heart aches. I have met her father and stepmom, and would not dream of anything nefarious occurring. I don’t know them well, but one of my children does and is in shock over this.

Please let this precious little girl be found swiftly and safely. My heart is with all who love her, and all searching so diligently this cold, cloudy day.

Uggghh…. this is awful, and my heart aches. I have met her father and stepmom, and would not dream of anything nefarious occurring. I don’t know them well, but one of my children does and is in shock over this.

Please let this precious little girl be found swiftly and safely. My heart is with all who love her, and all searching so diligently this cold, cloudy day.
Glad we have first hand info about family. I know what a Roux is!

Are there tanks and ponds in the area where she was last seen?

Where would a 7 year old go if she wanted to run away? It's been almost 24 hours already since she's been gone.
A treehouse, a deer blind, a cool fallen tree, a quiet tree...BUT only when it was daylight. Seriously, how can she go anywhere? It gets dark at 5:24! I can't imagine her walking anywhere. It was cold and dark.

Does she have a phone? Did anyone look for social media? Seems super young for that.

Link for sunset. Sunrise and sunset times in Paradise, Texas

Edit for clarity of my "seriously".

A treehouse, a deer blind, a cool fallen tree, a quiet tree...BUT only when it was daylight. Seriously? How can she go anywhere? It gets dark at 5:24! I can't imagine her walking anywhere. It was cold and dark.

Does she have a phone? Did anyone look for social media? Seems super young for that.

Link for sunset. Sunrise and sunset times in Paradise, Texas
Thx for confirmation with chart, I knew it was dark at 7 pm in that part of Texas. Copperhead country, saw on social media where a friend killed a big rattlesnake yesterday in our area and his friend North of here killed a copperhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968