Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
In our area they deliver directly to the porch, we used to live in a very rural area and they always drive all the way to the home. We had a 1/4 mile long driveway.

Some of our neighbors had longer driveways with no turnaround and their packages were delivered on their porches too.
I have a 250 ft drive in a suburban in FTW neighborhood and usually they are lazy and leave it at the street by mailbox! I've reported twice.

IIRC, it was said at the PC that they believe Athena was near the “gate” at the end of the driveway when she was abducted. This was in response to a reporter’s question.

She may have seen the delivery truck and walked the driveway to go get the mail
What a horrific ending to a beautiful child’s life

I’m heartbroken and livid
JMO

Just saw the changed banner - to found deceased... :(

Jail Records Search Detail
Skip to Main Content Logout My Account Search Menu New Jail Search Refine Search Back
Booking #: 108403Wise County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 12/03/2022Released:
NameHORNER, TANNER LYNNDescWhite Male 6' 3" 220 lbs
AliasHairBrown
SO #0220283EyesBlue
AddressFT WORTH, TX 76135
Front View Mugshot
Right Profile Mugshot
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
DC736AGG KIDNAPPING FACILITATE271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
Surety Bond
DC735CAPITAL MURDER OF PERSON UNDER TEN YOA271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
Surety BondView attachment 384680

Thanks for this - I looked in the court site, but he is not there yet. Shouldn't he have an initial hearing in 48 hours?

And does anyone know his birth date?

TIA! I shall be following this case - as I have from the beginning...

Saw someone post this on Facebook and here I came. Been trying to catch up. I am so sad for Athena and all of her family especially with this happening so close to Christmas.

I can’t believe this sick individual killed this precious baby. I will be curious to hear of why they think she passed so soon after being abducted and how. Ugh..

It is an unimaginable and horrifying tragedy what happened to Athena and what her loved ones must be going through. She must have been looking forward to Santa coming. It is terrible it isn’t even safe for kids to be in their own yard anymore without encountering despicable monsters like him. Unfortunately I think a sex offender like him is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and if he had not been able to kidnap Athena he would have harmed another young girl when he had the opportunity. It is probably a crime he has had the desire to commit for some time and it would not be surprising if it is discovered that he had CSAM in his possession.

I’m shocked he has a $1 million bond in Texas given the crimes he has committed and confessed to and the danger he poses to children. Hopefully he will not be able to post bond and realise leaving prison is not a good idea given the entirely understandable anger towards him.

May Athena Rest In Peace. Sincere condolences to Athena’s loved ones, I am so sorry for their loss and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

So so heartbreaking .RIP little one , life sucks sometimes. Im so glad they have this monster and she can have a decent funeral. Its a double edged sword isn't it? The family have not gone for years like in some cases with not knowing what happened but to know dirt like this walk amongst us is just too awful . Ill be thinking of her family they would need a lot of support

Sharing a few views,

Credit to the stepmother for her honesty with the police, but as the mother of a 7yo girl, I would never be able to forgive myself for the argument and I am 100% sure my family would have me on mental health watch and care right now.
Similarly so for any biological parent in same circumstances. My heart aches in my chest even imagining this.

Texas will be swift here. This case will be resolved in full in a couple of years. Thinking to myself today that here in New Jersey, Jesse Timmendequas remains in jail 25 years since he killed Megan Kanka (the case that inspired Megan’s Law, she was also 7yo) and he remains in jail and likely will for decades more, content and secure, all taxpayer-funded. While I don’t believe in the death penalty as a deterrent to evil people (the data doesn’t bear that out), I love Texas in part because of their views on decisive justice.

FedEx IMO is acutely aware of the optics here even as this guy probably passed a background check with a subcontractor. Anticipating that they will quietly settle this out of court for low eight figures with NDAs.
What is a fed ex "sub contractor"?

I wish people had not judged her stepmother. She was honest about a normal and common event between parents and children and was judged so harshly.

I hope all three parents are surrounded by love and support.
In cases like this (how this one started, anyway), any judgement or skepticism that folks might have for the original story, as it's relayed to the media, has far more to do with what other monsters have done in the past, than anything else. Often folks will suspect the reporting party because statistically (and in the subjective experience of many, many true crime followers) the reporting party turns out to be the actual suspect. It's awful and it's unfortunate, but that's the truth of it. Kidnapping and murder by a stranger is extremely rare, so most folks are not going to immediately jump to that conclusion.
Even though I fully admit I didn't believe the original report (for exactly the reasons I mentioned above), my heart breaks for Athena's mom, step-mom, dad and everyone else that loved her.

jmo

Just saw the changed banner - to found deceased... :(

Thanks for this - I looked in the court site, but he is not there yet. Shouldn't he have an initial hearing in 48 hours?

And does anyone know his birth date?

TIA! I shall be following this case - as I have from the beginning...
He says it's his birthday in a post dated 8/8/12. Assuming that's true, his birthdate should be 8/8/91. MOO

Tanner L. Horner | Facebook

ETA: Oops, just saw @YaYa_521 beat me to it!

FedEx hires subcontractor companies to increase their staffing. Another company hires and manages those guys. Like temporary staffing. They get paid by the agencies, but do not have any privileges or perks as if a full blown FedEx employee.

In times of the year when there is a high volume of packages, fed ex and other carriers hire temp or subcontracted employees to make deliveries, sometimes in their own vehicles or leased ones. How to Become a FedEx Contractor
Thanks so much for the info guys!
Do they have any insignias on their vehicles? I figured the tip was from someone who saw "fed ex" on something. Maybe step mom gave that info because they got package?

The news report of where he is from doesnt matter so much
The Amber Alert giving the wrong location matters huge
Lake Worth and Fort Worth have only a bridge separating them. I am technically in Fort Worth but if I drive 2 minutes down the road, I’m in Benbrook. This area has very strange zoning.

Dear God, just saw the news. This is gut wrenching. :(

Prayers going up for the family.

Why? Just WHY?!!!
There are monsters among us, and there are no answers for something like this. Thankfully Texas has capital punishment, which is entirely appropriate in this case. JMO

Rest in peace, Athena, and prayers for your family and friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361