Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now hearing about this story. Heartbreaking. The only solace is that little Athena has been found and her family has some answers. Not knowing would be unbearable. I have to wonder if all the recent news with Balenciaga could have tipped this guy over the edge.

I think he’s hoping it will save him from DP, the confession likely will save him from DP if he pleads guilty. If he’s luckily he will get life in solitary. If we’re lucky he’ll get life in Gen pop and they will make his life a living hell.

RIP precious girl.

I just woke up and am behind by approximately 6 pages.
My question: Was poor Athena sexually assaulted?
I see the two charges against TLH but says nothing about any type of SA.
And if this is the case, whyyyyyyyy would he kidnap and murder her?????!?
We don’t know. My guess is they will determine that at her autopsy. I agree, SA was likely his goal. Sweet little Athena.

Thanks so much for the info guys!
Do they have any insignias on their vehicles? I figured the tip was from someone who saw "fed ex" on something. Maybe step mom gave that info because they got package?
No they do not. Some are in plain rented box trucks, some use their own vehicles. We live on acreage, off the road, long driveway, have had temp drivers drive right thru our front yard to get closer to the front door when in a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just woke up and am behind by approximately 6 pages.
My question: Was poor Athena sexually assaulted?
I see the two charges against TLH but says nothing about any type of SA.
And if this is the case, whyyyyyyyy would he kidnap and murder her?????!?
They've not announced as of yet. If so, I'm sure they will say something soon.

I thought he said that Athena was "near the gate" . And yes he delivered a package if heard correctly.
In the presser it was mentioned that the gate is 200 yards away from the house. That's a very long driveway. This was an impulsive crime of opportunity and there's nothing that the family could have done to prevent it once little Athena left home.
The suspect saw the chance, took her, killed her, then dumped her body.
There are monsters among us. Justice needs to be served on him. JMO

Last edited:
It is an unimaginable and horrifying tragedy what happened to Athena and what her loved ones must be going through. She must have been looking forward to Santa coming. It is terrible it isn’t even safe for kids to be in their own yard anymore without encountering despicable monsters like him. Unfortunately I think a sex offender like him is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and if he had not been able to kidnap Athena he would have harmed another young girl when he had the opportunity. It is probably a crime he has had the desire to commit for some time and it would not be surprising if it is discovered that he had CSAM in his possession.

I’m shocked he has a $1 million bond in Texas given the crimes he has committed and confessed to and the danger he poses to children. Hopefully he will not be able to post bond and realise leaving prison is not a good idea given the entirely understandable anger towards him.

May Athena Rest In Peace. Sincere condolences to Athena’s loved ones, I am so sorry for their loss and they are in my thoughts and prayers.

I was just talking to my neighbor about this a little bit ago. Kinda OT but not at the same time. We have probably 40ish kids who live on my street. They are RARELY supervised. Some as young as 2. They are outside until 10-11 at night, sometimes til 3 am. No parental supervision at all. We get soooo many random people driving on our street plus many delivery people.

When I was a child, I KNEW that my behind better be IN THE HOUSE before those street lights came on and it got dark. I know this situation is different as she “ran away” after the argument, and I’m sure her stepmom has so much regret from that night, I just can’t imagine. But it angers me so much when parents just don’t seem to care about where their children are (particularly the ones on my street).. because then we hear stories like this where a 7 year old was snatched from infront of her home and killed.. and for what reason?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

IMO they suspected him from the start. Apparently they have “digital evidence” in addition to a confession, which leads me to believe investigators confronted him with the digital evidence which led him to confess. JMO.

Just now hearing about this story. Heartbreaking. The only solace is that little Athena has been found and her family has some answers. Not knowing would be unbearable. I have to wonder if all the recent news with Balenciaga could have tipped this guy over the edge.

Do I think a high end clothing designer influenced the moral choices of an Azle, Tx high school grad 31 yr old FedEx driver who just confessed to abduction and murder of a 7 yr old girl? No

This guy is likely a perv, and has a history, victims will now come forward…I would bet on it

<modsnip>
JMO

Do I think a high end clothing designer influenced the moral choices of an Azle, Tx high school grad 31 yr old FedEx driver who just confessed to abduction and murder of a 7 yr old girl? No

This guy is likely a perv, and has a history, victims will now come forward…I would bet on it

<modsnip>
JMO
Agree. The B ad is disturbing in that the people in charge thought the time was right that that type of content would be acceptable.

I don’t know how else to describe the disciplinary space between a toddler’s temper tantrum and a fight with a teenager. A stepparent telling a child that, for example, there’s no iPad until playroom is tidied and 30min of reading is complete isn’t an argument. But *what* do you call the stepparent’s response to something like “I hate reading, I hate cleaning, and I’m going to play Roblox no matter what!”? Is a response like “keep up with that attitude and there’s no iPad all week” an “argument”? I have a lot of sympathy for the stepparent here.

Booking #: 108403Wise County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 12/03/2022Released:
NameHORNER, TANNER LYNNDescWhite Male 6' 3" 220 lbs
AliasHairBrown
SO #0220283EyesBlue
AddressFT WORTH, TX 76135
Front View Mugshot
Right Profile Mugshot
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
DC736AGG KIDNAPPING FACILITATE271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT500,000.00
Surety Bond
DC735CAPITAL MURDER OF PERSON UNDER TEN YOA271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT1,000,000.00
Surety Bond

1670085980558.png

1670086040019.png

The purpose of the cameras are to protect the driver, if he knew where they were present or where they were located he could have moved the vehicle so it would not catch his activity.

It is a rural rural area. His delivery time would have been similar, after she was home from school. He likely had seen her before- this was likely premeditated.

What was the length of the driveway?
Where did he leave the package?
In rural areas it is common to have a large mailbox near the road where deliveries are to be made. Unless it was a big package and he had to drive up the driveway? I would be curious to know the length of the driveway from the road, and where he parked his truck typically for deliveries.
In my opinion only,
Justice for Athena
Mailbox is two hundred yards from house. So it’s a long driveway.

I don’t know how else to describe the disciplinary space between a toddler’s temper tantrum and a fight with a teenager. A stepparent telling a child that, for example, there’s no iPad until playroom is tidied and 30min of reading is complete isn’t an argument. But *what* do you call the stepparent’s response to something like “I hate reading, I hate cleaning, and I’m going to play Roblox no matter what!”? Is a response like “keep up with that attitude and there’s no iPad all week” an “argument”? I have a lot of sympathy for the stepparent here.
Yes, argument is subjective and one with a 7 year old is very different. Stepmom could have easily said “she was mad at me” in place of argument.

Hang him high!
JMO
I sure hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads