Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have had several already this year that I didn't know was Fed Ex. One was a woman in her personal SUV. And several times it was 2 people in some kind of moving truck (like a U-Haul, but not that brand) No where did I see anything showing they were Fed Ex employees. They scanned the packages with what looked like a normal cell phone.
YES! I looked out my living room window last week, after hearing a car pull up, and it had no markings, and I saw someone on my front porch---I thought they were stealing packages but then saw them scan it and take the picture---it was a Fed Ex package.

I know. My child always says hi and thank you to them if they can… they are so innocent and don’t think of the delivery people as a threat - and neither did I!
I know. It would be easy to lure a child into the truck. "Look here sweetheart, I have a package for your mommy..."

It's 'the dog ate my homework' of murder, especially sexually motivated and/or child murder, and it is vanishingly small the amount of times the defendant actually qualifies as legally insane (not in control or aware of their actions). Bring on the trial. It didn't work for countless other predators, and it won't work for him.
Since he confessed, I wonder if he'll plead guilty and forgo a trial ?
Something makes me think he'll recant, and force the family to endure a terrible trial.
Some criminals are also complete cowards as well.

As far as insanity, he was able to hold a job, interact at a competent level (I'm assuming ) with other people at work and in his daily life, and the fact that he concealed Athena's body makes it appear he knew full well right from wrong !

Still I think drivers whose gps and vehicle/ work phone logs are tracking them anyway --- are safe people for the most part, and one of them abducting a child would be extremely rare !
Imo.

first off i really wasnt expecting the savagery towards this monster's videos, but i am all in for it.
Second off, linked to the above,

May things rot and fall off him...

As much as I hate to disagree with Fred Rogers, some people are utterly useless, evil, have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and humanity is far better off them gone.

I guess the monster was able to get a job as a Fed Ex driver, through a temp agency, and maybe all they checked was his driving history. It appears that way. He slid under the radar
I mean, he's been convicted of absolutely nothing, yet - both in this case and record wise. We don't know details or the operation of his mind, so I don't think we can say there was a radar he was able to slip under.
"He confessed" isn't enough to think of ways this could have been prevented, because lots of people confess to things, things they've done, things they haven't done. All we know is that whatever happened ended in her demise.

<modsnip - off limits>

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, he's been convicted of absolutely nothing, yet - both in this case and record wise. We don't know details or the operation of his mind, so I don't think we can say there was a radar he was able to slip under.
"He confessed" isn't enough to think of ways this could have been prevented, because lots of people confess to things, things they've done, things they haven't done. All we know is that whatever happened ended in her demise.

<modsnip - off limits>
He will get his day in court (hopefully). I never suggested he shouldn’t. His attorney will see to that. We have not seen the arrest affidavit so we don’t know what evidence LE has that led to his arrest, other than the confession and digital evidence as stated by LE in the press conference.

<modsnip - off limits>

<modsnip - off limits>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
True: This isn’t the sort of crime that just arises out of nowhere.

IMO the unfortunate thing is that this type of predator sometimes gets by for a period of time in adult relationships that give him access to child victims, so some of their crimes involve grooming, involve very young children, involve children who live in the same household and can thus be harder to detect. Then when those relationships dissolve, easy access to victims disappears and other stressors enter in, a violent act against a stranger can occur that appeared to come "out of nowhere." Though in this guy's case, I'd agree with all who've said there were known prior acts that predicted this.

It's also the case that not all people who prey on children exclusively look for child victims. These individuals are highly impulsive and opportunistic - IMO most do not have a specific "type" in terms of appearance or specific age range they are looking for but are instead emboldened by opportunistic situations where they see an ease of getting victims alone to do what they want.

All of this is MOO though.

It's 'the dog ate my homework' of murder, especially sexually motivated and/or child murder, and it is vanishingly small the amount of times the defendant actually qualifies as legally insane (not in control or aware of their actions). Bring on the trial. It didn't work for countless other predators, and it won't work for him.
100% agreed. If it didn't work for Dahmer, it isn't gonna work for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77