TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was an interesting Press conference.

The officer did a good job of explaining why they felt it was an honest mistake of someone putting in a military device of some sort.

They do not know who placed the device in the donation bin.

They are investigating it still to try to identify who placed it in the bin.

I find it very strange that someone put a flammable device of any kind in the goodwill bin. Safety 101 when donating or shipping anything. Make sure to not put anything flammable.

The officer did a good job explaining their point of view.

Tony Plohetski
‏Verified account @tplohetski
BREAKING: Paxton tells KVUE that he thinks “we are close” suspect.
9:37 PM - 20 Mar 2018

Christian Flores‏
Verified account@CFloresNews
12m12 minutes ago
APD urging city to remain vigilant and report suspicious packages.om Austin, TX

Christian Flores
‏Verified account @CFloresNews
12m12 minutes ago
APD officers saying this is not a copy cat. They are looking at surveillance video to see who dropped off the military memento.

BUT it was soclose to last incident, right? Tooooo much coincidence

AG Paxton on KXAN right now. Now backtracked and said he talked to the police chief after his interview with Sean Hannity and now he thinks it is a coincidence that the goodwill incident happened close to earlier bomb and that it is not related.

Mark D. Wilson
‏Verified account @MDWilsonSA
10m10 minutes ago
@Austin_Police says the device was an "artillery simulator" or military memento. I ignited in a Goodwill employee's hand around 7:30 p.m. He was taken to a hospital, treated and released. #AustinBombings #AustinExplosions

I hope other commenter was right that LE actually have a good lead and want to downplay what is actually a related crime so they can apprehend.

Years ago when I was in the Marines, a friend of mine got busted for keeping a couple similar devices in his closet. You can find videos of artillery simulators on YouTube. This employee was careless and probably got a good scare in addition to some minor injuries. This certainly clarifies why the police knew that this had nothing to do with the previous bombings.

An artillery simulator would no doubt make a loud boom too I would imagine.

I dont know what they are but it sounds like they are used to simulate artillary fire during solidier training and that usually involves loud booms too.

I still dont understand how it went off?
Maybe the employee was messing with it and pulled something to make it fire off?

Tony Plohetski
‏Verified account @tplohetski
BREAKING: Paxton tells KVUE that he thinks “we are close” suspect.
9:37 PM - 20 Mar 2018

Christian Flores‏
Verified account@CFloresNews
12m12 minutes ago
APD urging city to remain vigilant and report suspicious packages.om Austin, TX

Christian Flores
‏Verified account @CFloresNews
12m12 minutes ago
APD officers saying this is not a copy cat. They are looking at surveillance video to see who dropped off the military memento.

This Paxton guy...:facepalm:

MelanieTorre
‏@melanietorre
17m17 minutes ago
APD gives update about Brodie incident tonight. They say 2 small “artillery simulators” were found in a Goodwill donation box. They’re described as, “old, military type ordinances that initiated in [Goodwill employee’s] hand and caused injury.”

MelanieTorre
‏@melanietorre
15m15 minutes ago
MORE: Police say they have no reason to believe tonight’s incident was a copycat. They are investigating who delivered the items to Goodwill and if they intended to injure someone or were just unaware of what the device was— possibly when cleaning out a loved one’s belongings.

I dont know what they are but it sounds like they are used to simulate artillary fire during solidier training and that usually involves loud booms too.

Maybe the employee was messing with it and pulled something to make it fire off?
There are several different types, but the most common ones emit smoke after a fairly loud (mostly harmless blast). They operate just like a grenade in that they are on a time delay. It sounds like he was playing around with it and triggered it accidentally.

Just had a thought. What if the reason LE stated the Goodwill incident isn't related is because they already know who the perp is and he's under surveillance?

That sounds far more credible than a vet in austin tex doing spring cleaning

also might be why they refused to talk about the others

BUT his statement is peculair he stated it lit and then handed it to another employee first why would one hand something that is cooking to someone else

and second why would second person "take" a thing that is sizzling like a fajita right off the grill?

Call me silly -- but i think placing it on the ground and hearing four feet bolting away

UNLESS they were trying to cause a chaos as a result of the rest of it

I also found it - in real time- as it was breaking they kept saying 30 years of age over and over and over

it was just odd imo the emphasis on 30 year old

There are several different types, but the most common ones emit smoke after a fairly loud (mostly harmless blast). They operate just like a grenade in that they are on a time delay. It sounds like he was playing around with it and triggered it accidentally.

Thanks as that helps understand.

Pretty stupid with all the warnings lately, imo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member