Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by CarlK90245, Jul 7, 2013.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/police-seek-help-identfying-woman-found-dead

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Police seek help identfying woman found dead

NamUs UP 11410

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11410

Unidentified White Female

Found June 25, 2013 at Lady Bird Lake, 600 River Street, Austin (Travis County) TX

Vital Statistics

* Height: 61" (5 feet 1 inch)
    * Weight: 120
    * Hair: Straight Long, Brown
    * Eyes: Brown/Hazel colored
    * Tattoos: A tattoo of “Semper Fi” and an eye and cross figure is on the left shoulder. A tattoo of “Fideli Certa Merces” and an eye and cross figure is on the right shoulder. There are no distinguishing scars.
    * Clothing: She was wearing two socks, jeans with a belt, a sports bra, jacket, two shirts​

Condition of Remains
    * Est. Postmortem Interval: 1 day​

Circumstances
    * Comments: On 6/25/13 at approximately 0838hrs, a kayaker on Lady Bird Lake found the decedent on the shoreline. No ID, vehicle, or other identifier was in the vicinity. ​

Identifiers
    * Dental: Available (will be entered later)
    * DNA: Available - Not yet submitted
    * Fingerprints: Available (Prints have been run through APD, AFIS, and FBI w/ no hits. Prints sent to latent w no hits and no hits via FBI manual comparison. )​

2. Loading...

3. necco

necco New Member

Well, "fideli certa merces" means "To the Faithful There is Just Reward"

4. necco

necco New Member

5. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Is that tattoo a gang-related symbol?

6. necco

necco New Member

It's considered really bad form to have Marine tattoos and not be a Marine. But if she were, she'd have had a fingerprint hit, right? My next through was Marine widow, but I would think there would be some indication of a dedication of the tat. I guess she could be a Marine wife. Those are really bad tattoos. The left one is "ok" quality, the right one is terrible.

7. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Active Member

Attached Files:

8. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Active Member

Here's a side by side

Attached Files:

9. mrsward

mrsward New Member

10. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

I'm confused by the clothing. Jeans, 2 shirts and a jacket in the JUNE HEAT in Texas?

Maybe she isn't local?

11. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Wire in the blood

Or in honor of a brother or father? Or, she lost her marine and has gone to join him. RIP dear girl.

12. hannah1988

hannah1988 New Member

Is the cross with the eye also a Marine symbol? This symbol must have meant a lot to her since she had it on both arms.

13. necco

necco New Member

Hannah, I've been searching on and off all day, I can find NOTHING that resembles her tattoos. It doesn't seem to be Marine related.

14. necco

necco New Member

In addition to being viewed as a cross, it could be a compass or a four pointed star.

From: http://www.bullseyetattoos.com/arti...OOS:-Selecting-the-right-sun-and-star-tattoos
    "Four Point Star, depicted as an equilateral cross with sharpened ends, was especially popular with various early Native American tribes. The star design appeared in their rock art, tipis, shields, clothing, robes, and pottery. People who choose the four point star tattoo tend to be trustworthy, practical, and down-to-earth individuals. They are the cornerstone members of society, who perform their duties with dedication and perseverance, and have the kind of will power that is often mistaken for sheer stubbornness. Once a decision is made, it will be followed through to the conclusion, right, wrong, or indifferent. "Four star tattoo" people are very set in their ways and determined to handle things the way they know they should be handled and their tenacity of purpose and ability to get the job done borders on obsession."

15. deca

deca New Member

I have found things resembling the cross and the lightning bolts so far and I think with our group work we can figure out it. Different battle groups have different symbols. For example: my dad's old navy squadron had diamond shapes. There was the "hornet" attack group who had...hornets. Get it? Anyways, I was looking around. Do an image search. I am not sure but I think there has got to be a page somewhere. I think lightning bolts usually mean an attack group??? I will keep looking.

16. deca

deca New Member

THIS ISN"T THE RIGHT FIGHTING GROUP! This is just an example:

[​IMG]

17. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Former Marine here, Semper Fi stands for Always Faithful. I do not recognize the rest of the tattoo. It does not strike me as a Marine Corps tattoo.

JMO

18. deca

deca New Member

19. necco

necco New Member

See, it looks like cracks to me, not lightning bolts. Because there are as many at the top and the bottom. It's almost like clarity (eye) and direction (compass points) resulting from some sort of strife (cracks).

20. AstroKitty

AstroKitty Former Member

for what it's worth, the tattoos reminded me of a poorly done Shuriken

21. necco

necco New Member

One of my first instincts was that it looks like the kind of thing a teenager would draw over and over in their notebooks when they were bored in class. Just about everyone I knew had some doodle they did. Mine was swirls and lines, but other people had more complex "signature doodles." The fact that she got it twice and that one is cruder than the other strengthens this theory for me.