TX - Boy, 2, in 'raising ceremony' starved to death, Balch Springs, 22 March 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by shadowraiths, Apr 15, 2015.

1. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

BALCH SPRINGS, Texas – A 2-year-old boy who died last month had been starved for more than 20 days by his parents and church members they lived with because they believed he was possessed by demons, according to the arrest warrant for the boy's parents and a church leader.

The church's pastor later held a "raising ceremony" to attempt to bring the victim back from the dead before the boy's family fled to Mexico with his body.

[​IMG]

link

2. Loading...

3. micki68

micki68 Member

Disgusting case! How could any LOVING parent/adult do something so heinous? Possessed? Absolutely unfreaking believable! Is this a cult? I have to research this one! Anyone with info please post, this site has the most well informed intelligent people.

4. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

The church is called Nazareth Zurita. Here's another article with a video of their "raising" ceremony. (link)

5. micki68

micki68 Member

I did a little bit of reading, clearly not a "traditional" church, and apparently illegal. I am thinking lots more will come out during investigation, I am betting that a percentage of anything their "members" -made was taken by the "church". Did these "church elders" prey on immigrants? That remains to be seen, but my gut tells me YES. A poor defenseless child starved SMH So terrible and preventable. I hope the parents are found and held accountable.

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Feature article from April:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...ch-where-boy-died-called-fearful-isolated.ece

7. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

April 2015:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...me-where-toddler-died-parents-body-sought.ece

8. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Texas pastor gets 99 years in prison in death of child who was starved

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2018/03/23/pastor-starved-toddler-death-exorcise-demon-gets-99-years-prison

9. bleuboy

bleuboy Member