TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by jodierenee, Feb 12, 2007.

1. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

Sometimes I remember certain cases better than others, but I do not think I remember that one. I remember there was a case where some people went out sailing around Mexico and disappeared? I thought that case involved a former NBA player, but I cannot remember if it happened around Mexico. But you did not write anything about sailing. There was a period where Disappeared stopped making episodes and only made specials. I stopped watching the show at that point around early 2016 because I thought it was off the air already or close to it. If it was a case that was filmed for an episode later than the first part of 2016, then I probably have not seen it. But if I get a chance I will probably look it up now and watch it.

Any of the early Disappeared episodes I have probably seen, but may not remember. I think our minds remember the ones that stand out. Molly Bish, Maura Murray, Brandi Wells, Kelly Nash are some cases that stand out in my mind. I probably should have wrote that I used to watch the show Disappeared all the time, up until early 2016 anyway. I think the show changed a little and was not as interesting as before. I do not even think they make episodes of Disappeared anymore, but I could be wrong.

I guess crime has links to everyone, even members here.

GoBuckeyes and lonewanderer like this.

2. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

I remember that episode. That episode is upsetting because I feel like since it was in Mexico, the family may never have resolution. If I recall correctly the boyfriend and Kelly were heard from months after anyone heard from Ginny again, correct? I could be wrong. I'm curious as to your perspective on what happened since you personally know the girls and know more of their personalities. But Maybe that's gotta be taken over to their thread. I've been here a little while but I'm not so great with rules sometimes lol. Anyway I think a persons personality makes a huge difference when considering scenarios and can def change someone's perspective.

lonewanderer likes this.
  3. lonewanderer

lonewanderer Well-Known Member

I recently posted more about it in their thread.

Its my understanding that they all stopped being heard from roughly around the same time. (But I could be wrong)

To summarize, Kelly and Irvin may have been wanting to go to Mexico to avoid being arrested. Ginny was lonely and jumped at the chance to see her friend (and may or may not have known they were probably going to ask her to help them flee). Then somewhere along the way, Irvin does something stupid and gets them all killed. Just my quick thinking.

somequestions likes this.
  4. Samaritan

Samaritan Follower of the Way

Edit: deleted image as I cannot link the source. Sorry.

5. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

Correct was the first episode . I just realized lately that all the episodes are free on the ID Go app but episodes have been disappearing ( no pun ) from the early series . On season 1 there is only 1 episode now available now , episode 5.

GoBuckeyes and somequestions like this.
  6. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

any news on the skeletal remains?

7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

In the past 15 years, little solid information about the case has emerged, leaving Tant frustrated and hoping someone stumbles upon evidence or comes forward with direct knowledge of what happened the night of her daughter’s disappearance.

“You know people don’t realize what they do to not only the victim of the crime, but the family,” she said this past week, voice breaking. “The loved ones that are left behind with so many questions that are not answered because somebody is too chicken to come forward with it now.”
    'I'm not giving up': 15 years after daughter's disappearance in Longview, Tyler woman still looking

The Unsolved Disappearance of Brandi Wells

8. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

So I am guessing the remains were not Brandi?

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  9. AnimeBarbie

AnimeBarbie (he/him)

No matches yet :(

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  10. littlemo2015

littlemo2015 Member

Wanted To Share A Few Things

Before I begin I just want to say that written below is my thoughts theories , opinions and some facts we probably are all aware of about this case and I wanted to let some stuff flow free so please take the things that are IMO lightly thank you and thank you for reading.

I have followed this case since I discovered it 2 years after Brandi went missing and I saw the episode on her case on an episode of ID on YouTube . so for a lot of years I have followed this case hoping for an update , some sort of resolution for her and her family , she reminded me of myself I used to be less afraid less aware of how cruel the world could be and I'm shorter than Brandi I'm 4ft 10 inches tall , I have dark hair like her too I'm now nearly 35 so there wasn't a huge age difference between her and I , so this case always stood out to me and I could never let it go .

a lot of her case doesn't make sense and since watching the ID episode multiple times I've also listened to the podcast about her case and herd her mum speak about what she knew , some of the info filled in the odd gap or made something else make a little bit more sense , but it showed how much was left unanswered even for her poor mother and sister and other family members, the whole case boggles my mind .

last known activity on her phone was calls to the night club and nothing more after till if I'm correct a week later when someone started using her phone and last physical sighting of her is her entering and leaving the bar/club on their cctv , her car was located west bound as if she was intending to make her way home but I'm unsure if for definite her car door was left ajar / open like seen on the ID episode reconstruction , if it was that could lend a reason as to why her cell phone wound up where it did someone could have driven past the car seen it park up door open and her cell phone could have been in the front of the car stole it and ran and that's how it got where it was , just a possible thought of mine .

but still why was the other phone left behind and her purse and why was the gas can there if it may not belong to Brandi and if it did why was it there and no signs of gas in it , why was her seat pushed so far back and left like that she wouldn't have been able to drive with it like that unless someone else drove her car to where it was left abandoned ,or yeah maybe the fob I've seen people mention for her gas tank or whatever its for maybe she was looking for it , but if she did and didn't find it then where did she go after that , why leave her purse behind and where did the car keys go and why leave the car door wide open .

I mean witness statements from the club documented that she barely drank any alcohol and wasn't drunk/intoxicated and out of control in any sort of way and that some remembered her asking for help to get gas , but other than that nothing else peculiar or strange with Brandi took place that night .

I've gone over the cctv footage millions of times from that night and i noticed u can still see her feet or shadows of them in top right when she walks of screen and a man in a white cowboy hat once she is off screen partially turns as if possibly speaking to her then you see her feet turn and move to left towards the side he is at only she is out of view so its possible he waited till she was out of view of camera and called out to her , or maybe she was going the wrong way to her car I don't know if we will ever know the answer to that .

there's a lot to discuss on this case , a lot that doesn't make sense or add up including what her mother went through when her SSN was used more than a year or two after her disappearance but it doesn't seem to be Brandi that even used it , so many things don't add up and what police do know that haven't seemed to have shared a great deal of the information and what they have shared doesn't help put any pieces together and certainly didn't help them put pieces together and garner more leads i feel like the messed up the case a few times and didn't even take responsibility for it and try and fix some f the damage and savage what they could at the time for evidence and let a lot slip through their hands and all these years later they have never outed more info to the public or relaunched it as a cold case to get it active to see what may or may not shake loose that I am aware of anyways .

this case is very close to my heart and the case that made become an armchair detective and caused me to dig deeper into case and keep my own files on the info about cases i come across .

I hope one day soon Brandi can be found in someway shape or form and the answers will come for her and her family's sake on what happened to her they deserve answers deserve to find her and bring her home .
    I hope there will be an update on the remains found behind a Longview motel to know weather its a piece to this puzzle or a piece to another family's puzzle .

thank you again for reading this folks it's greatly appreciated and if you want to chat back to me with posts here or even go to my profile to talk to me there feel free I'm happy to chat there's a lot to talk about and explore with this case but too much to list here in one post

somequestions and kcroo like this.