TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
His brother was able to reach him later by phone...after the 911 call. He told his brother to hurry and said 'i'm bleeding" and then the call ended.

Right. I believe he was hurt at some point. But I was thinking if a car got pushed off the road, the victims of that would be who he was in the field with--but they must not have been hurt if he didn't ask for an ambulance during that first call. So confusing.

And FWIW, I haven't been able to hear what other's have heard as far as someone answering "yes" when the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance. But that's just me-the audio is really hard to decipher.

When you hear the 911 call do you hear another voice when the operator asks if he needs an ambulance? Or do you think the phone may just be away from him making him sound distant?

I didn't hear other voices but it is hard to hear. I'll probably listen 1000 more times.

Nastiness and rumour on social media is pretty ugly in this case. I sent a message to Brandon's fiancé LL asking her to join us.

What a great idea!

This case seriously needs media attention...especially if the end result is more searches.

I have no theories at this point, just an observation. Also, thought y'all could use a map:

Screenshot2013-11-11at114541AM_zps61ed9634.png

Didn't have a home address to use as a starting point, but the picnic area is about 25 miles north. I looked all the way up and down U.S. 277 and, once you leave the city limits of San Angelo, there is not a single place to buy gas until you reach Bronte. I checked twice, and even used street view for any building that seemed like even a remote possibility. Seems odd for a major highway, but maybe there just isn't much traffic on that route.

I read somewhere that the family had just moved to San Angelo from the Fort Worth metro less than a year earlier and, not being very familiar with the area, Brandon may not have realized there was nothing but a few scattered homes and outbuildings along that highway, until it was too late.

The other thing on that road is there not too far north of San Angelo, that odd collection of circular pavement. Apparently it is the "Goodyear Proving Ground" ... I wonder when they are in operation, who works there, cameras, etc. I could imagine people involved in testing tires might like to drive fast... Just a curious observation there.

When you hear the 911 call do you hear another voice when the operator asks if he needs an ambulance? Or do you think the phone may just be away from him making him sound distant?

His wife would know his voice better than anyone. From the BlogTalk Radio interview:

Caller: Okay, so some of the things that you can remember Brandon saying were what?

LL: Just that somebody was after him and that he needed help and he needed a cop, and he said he was talking to them and then he ran into them. He never said that he hit somebody or somebody hit him. I don't know what Brandon meant by that but, then he said he was in the middle of the field, and then at the end she was like, is anybody hurt? She goes, do you need an ambulance? He said yes, and then he said no, I need a cop. So he said yes and he said no, so I really don't know what Brandon meant.

I wonder what happened between 12:38 and 12:50. When Brandon called his brother to report being out of gas, no one seemed to be in crisis mode (other than making arrangements to get gas). Twelve minutes later, he's on the phone with 911. On of the few clear statements in the 911 call is his request for a cop. I also think I can hear the quick "yes" when he's asked if he needs and ambulance.

I wish I could see the time line for all cells/phones (brother, wife, sister in law, Brandon)

One more thing. I'm surprised the front end of Brandon's truck was over the white line extending into the highway. I would think the back end (if anything) would be the part that wasn't able to make it off the road when he ran out of gas.

One more thing. I'm surprised the front end of Brandon's truck was over the white line extending into the highway. I would think the back end (if anything) would be the part that wasn't able to make it off the road when he ran out of gas.

That struck me as odd too. I wish there were photos but it sounds like the front of the truck was position towards the road like he had been in the field and was trying to pull out when he ran out of gas.

Maybe he was riding on fumes so pulled over and called his brother needing gas. Then something happened (maybe he was the one surrounded on both sides?) And was able to get his truck started, pulled out a little, and then puttered out.

So very strange. I listened to the 911 call and I don't hear "state troopers" either. His speech is either very slurred or it's a real poor recording-or both.

I don't think he would have called 911 and asked for the cops unless it were a dire situation, given that he knew he had a warrant. Or did he know?

Why did he tell his brother he was 10 minutes up the road? Why not stay with the truck? Did his brother respond and say he was on the way when he asked for help? Maybe he started walking because he didn't think the brother was coming? So many questions!

I just read an analysis by someone of what may have happened and has a good explanation as to why he told his brother he was 10 mins down the road (speculation)...he did know about the warrant and may have walked down the street a bit so he wasn't near his truck in case LE or someone did show up.

I also think it's possible he may have had an incident earlier - maybe a road rage type thing? And was walking down the street or off the road to not be visible to anyone coming, thus telling his brother to find him 10 mins up the road.

I'm reposting the link to the find brandon FB page...

https://m.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson?id=137648549777561&_rdr

There is a link there to a lostnmissing blog with a very interesting analysis of the 911 call.

LL: What they told me is that a stranded motorist called 911. They really didn't give us details of what there was. I'm trying to remember everything and I pretty much do but, when this first happened, it was such a daze, I didn't even know. It was a lot, and such a daze but no, they just said the 911 call was from a stranded motorist and that night, when I called, they just said there was a 911 call that (unintelligible). Because I called at 4:30 in the morning and I talked to the dispatcher, and she just said that Deputy Sheriff BN, he turned on the hazard lights, the blinkers, and he locked the truck. He just said that a stranded motorist called 911. He never said that Brandon called 911. I didn't know he called 911 until we looked at the phone records (unintelligible) on that Tuesday.

Another stranded motorist called 911 to report the truck on the highway?

ETA: I also read a truck driver called it in to 911. Which is it or both?

LL: What they told me is that a stranded motorist called 911. They really didn't give us details of what there was. I'm trying to remember everything and I pretty much do but, when this first happened, it was such a daze, I didn't even know. It was a lot, and such a daze but no, they just said the 911 call was from a stranded motorist and that night, when I called, they just said there was a 911 call that (unintelligible). Because I called at 4:30 in the morning and I talked to the dispatcher, and she just said that Deputy Sheriff BN, he turned on the hazard lights, the blinkers, and he locked the truck. He just said that a stranded motorist called 911. He never said that Brandon called 911. I didn't know he called 911 until we looked at the phone records (unintelligible) on that Tuesday.

Another stranded motorist called 911 to report the truck on the highway?

Apparently, yes. It's unknown which 911 call LE was responding to when they arrived...seems it may have been the trucker's call, not Brandon's.

I realize he has an accent but I've listened to the "state trooper" part over and over with my good headphones on and it sounds like Siper or Sipher just pushed some guys over. Something with a hard I sound. Is there some type of vehicle or truck with a similar sounding name?

Siper
Sifer
Sipher
Sniper
Zipher
Zypher

Apparently, yes. It's unknown which 911 call LE was responding to when they arrived...seems it may have been the trucker's call, not Brandon's.

Right but in the transcripts from blog talk she says a stranded motorist called 911. Not Brandon.

Perhaps the truck driver called in a stranded motorist? That would make more sense to me.

Where is the trucker? Surely dispatch got a name/number when he/she called 911.

Right but in the transcripts from blog talk she says a stranded motorist called 911. Not Brandon.

Perhaps the truck driver called in a stranded motorist? That would make more sense to me.

Where is the trucker? Surely dispatch got a name/number when he/she called 911.

Sorry, I misread your original post...I thought it said there was a stranded motorist call...I figured they were referencing the trucker since I've read several places that a truck driver also called 911 to report a truck sticking out onto the road. I'll have to go back and reread the blog post.

Sorry, I misread your original post...I thought it said there was a stranded motorist call...I figured they were referencing the trucker since I've read several places that a truck driver also called 911 to report a truck sticking out onto the road. I'll have to go back and reread the blog post.

Yes in the blog talk transcripts she says a stranded motorist called 911. I wonder if that was an error and what was relayed to her was actually a trucker called in a stranded motorist???

It would be very odd for there to be another stranded motorist out there who called 911 for him. But maybe? Maybe that's where he got into trouble?

He wouldn't call a motor cycle rider a "cycler" would he? I'm trying to figure out what the heck he said. It sounds to me like a 2 syllable word with a hard I sound ending in an er sound. He has a thick Texas accent to me (I'm a CA girl) so it could be something that sounds like the hard I sound with his accent.

I hear it too but can't make it out. Cycler is actually a really good possibility. I'm going to listen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie