TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the explanation, we don't have that system here.

I've listened to the call 5 million times, and this actually makes the most sense IMO. He's speaking very rapidly. Say this "STATEpolice" really really fast. I do believe you're right. And no, it doesn't make sense, but that's because nothing does in this case because IMO we are being given half truths from both sides.

STATEpolice just pulled/pushed some guys over=
Stapers just pulled/pushed some guys over (what some of us hear)

Sorry to quote my own post, but I just went back and listen to the 911 call again looking for state police just push some guys over.

I don't hear it. Bang head here.

I hear "staper just pushed some gobs over"

Back to square one for me.

An indictment does not mean that a person is guilty, the indictment rate is about 98-99%. It simply means the judge believed there was enough evidence to charge the person. It's been said that you can indict a ham sandwich. My son was indicted then charges were dismissed due to lack of sufficient evidence. So just because someone has been indicted it really means nothing. IMO

An indictment does not mean that a person is guilty, the indictment rate is about 98-99%. It simply means the judge believed there was enough evidence to charge the person. It's been said that you can indict a ham sandwich. My son was indicted then charges were dismissed due to lack of sufficient evidence. So just because someone has been indicted it really means nothing. IMO

You are correct, but a warrant was issued and BL was saving up to do "a walk through" with an attorney. He was formally charged for intent to delivery a controlled substance and is a repeat offender. Meaning he could be found guilty and receive the maximum penalty if found guilty.

indictment n. a charge of a felony (serious crime) voted by a grand jury based upon a proposed charge, witnesses' testimony and other evidence presented by the public prosecutor (District Attorney). To bring an indictment the grand jury will not find guilt, but only the probability that a crime was committed, that the accused person did it, and that he/she should be tried. District Attorneys often only introduce key facts sufficient to show the probability, both to save time and to avoid revealing all the evidence. The Fifth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution provides that "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment of a Grand Jury..." However, while grand juries are common in charging Federal crimes, many states use grand juries sparingly, and use the criminal complaint, followed by a "preliminary hearing" held by a lower court judge or other magistrate, who will determine whether or not the prosecutor has presented sufficient evidence that the accused has committed a felony. If the judge finds there is enough evidence, he/she will order the case sent to the appropriate court for trial. (See: grand jury, indictable offense, preliminary hearing, felony)

Why do we think meth charges? His complexion doesn't look like a meth users, IMO. Couldn't marijuana be a controlled substance? My mind isn't working tonight, I can't remember where the meth came about.

Why do we think meth charges? His complexion doesn't look like a meth users, IMO. Couldn't marijuana be a controlled substance? My mind isn't working tonight, I can't remember where the meth came about.

I don't think he looks like a meth user, but then again meth heads around my area look like death :scared:

By all accounts, it sounds like he was a hard worker. Work hard, party harder?

I don't think he looks like a meth user, but then again meth heads around my area look like death :scared:

I don't know anything about meth users, but would a user be a dealer as well? He was charged with intent to deliver. From what I understand, doesn't that mean he had a substantial amount of money and the product he was selling packaged out to sell when he was arrested?

I remember a comment posted on a page where a person said he brought drugs on the school campus and sold them.

Not all meth users look like "Meth heads". Some you can look at and tell some you cannot. My well respected family man used for over 3 years before I even had a clue. I can't even say there is a certain look to them, sure after 10+ years or use it may be clear, but not always!

Not all meth users look like "Meth heads". Some you can look at and tell some you cannot. My well respected family man used for over 3 years before I even had a clue. I can't even say there is a certain look to them, sure after 10+ years or use it may be clear, but not always!

Good point. Around here we have had a lot of bad drugs and the meth heads have been really messed up. I have a friend who is a NICU nurse and she said there has been a a lot of meth addicted babies born. A lot of them from upper middle class families. Sad, bad epidemic. :(

I don't know anything about meth users, but would a user be a dealer as well? He was charged with intent to deliver. From what I understand, doesn't that mean he had a substantial amount of money and the product he was selling packaged out to sell when he was arrested?

I remember a comment posted on a page where a person said he brought drugs on the school campus and sold them.

Maybe he got robbed of money and drugs the night he went missing. That wouldn't be unusual. People rob dealers all the time because they don't think anyone will report it.

I'm wondering if B wasn't going to Ft Worth but to the meth drug bust house in Bronte. I sure wish I could find the address where that bust happened.

FWIW my daughter is a Paramedic and deals with people on drugs/under the influence of alcohol often. I had her listen to the 911 call and she thinks he was high. She said that's just how those on stimulants talk. And she has lots and lots of experience and deals with addicts often. I asked her if someone high on meth would call 911 and ask for cops and she said it happens all the time. She said he was probably trippin.

So for what it's worth, a bit of a different perspective from someone who deals with drugs/addicts on a regular basis. She just moved back to CA after working as a Paramedic in New York City for the last 2 years. She's seen it all.

I'm wondering if B wasn't going to Ft Worth but to the meth drug bust house in Bronte. I sure wish I could find the address where that bust happened.

FWIW my daughter is a Paramedic and deals with people on drugs/under the influence of alcohol often. I had her listen to the 911 call and she thinks he was high. She said that's just how those on stimulants talk. And she has lots and lots of experience and deals with addicts often. I asked her if someone high on meth would call 911 and ask for cops and she said it happens all the time. She said he was probably trippin.

So for what it's worth, a bit of a different perspective from someone who deals with drugs/addicts on a regular basis. She just moved back to CA after working as a Paramedic in New York City for the last 2 years. She's seen it all.

I would say she has seen it all. NY is wild!! I'm originally from CA. I did fire fighting in CA and my EMS days were in KY. Ky had a prescription drug problem more than meth.

I am bad on accents, which is why I probably hear the 911 call a bit differently.

• Brandon Mason Lawson, Joshua, delivery of a controlled substance.

I don't call this a minor offense. I am thinking I read it was for meth, but could have been something as simple as pain medicines too.

Could be narcotics. Hmmmm

I was hoping there would have been some comments on the news site that posted about the LE that got busted. Nothing useful :(

There isn't much new in the article. It was on the front page of the Abilene paper on this day.

I think the part about the 911 call and the truck being North of Bronte could be shoddy reporting.

Also, according to DPS. That's the first I have seen about any DPS officers. The article says 7 ground and air searches later. I am not sure I knew there had been that many searches by LE. the rest is pretty much what we have been talking about here. They fought, he left, ran out of gas and hasn't been heard from since.

"In the 911 call, Lawson indicated he was north of Bronte and mentioned “going toward Abilene,” according to the DPS. After initially searching north of Bronte, Coke County Sheriff’s deputies found Lawson’s abandoned pickup, parked partially in the roadway, about four miles south of Bronte. Seven months and seven ground and air searches by law enforcement later, and there’s still been no sign of Lawson.

Could be narcotics. Hmmmm

I was hoping there would have been some comments on the news site that posted about the LE that got busted. Nothing useful :(

What LE got busted and when and where was the meth bust? Was it a meth lab? Sorry but I am trying to get caught up this evening! TIA

I'm wondering if B truly was out there headed to Ft Worth? Could he have been at the drug bust house? If he truly was going to Ft Worth why would LL have told Kyle to go give B gas then have him stay at his house or come home? Why not just let him continue on his way to Ft Worth? Why would someone need to come back home just because of running out of gas? You just fill up and continue on your way don't you?

Where was the mysterious ping that LL couldn't explain?

When I first read this statement from LL I assumed she really did not know where he went after he left the house, until KL told her he ran out of gas. Then later when he couldn't be found she assumed he was headed to Ft. Worth. Just speculation on my part tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam