TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Huntley was one of the owners of game room operations in San Angelo that were shut down by the feds in January 2016.

Much more:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/loc...bfa-e053-0100007f3286-366632851.html?d=mobile

And here:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/loc...501-e053-0100007f6bc6-366750801.html?d=mobile

BL had a couple of FB posts in 2012 that indicated he liked to gamble in Shreveport.

Would be interesting to know if he ever went to Huntley's in San Angelo and/or was otherwise acquainted with him.

Game rooms and drug trafficking often go hand in hand.

Feds had a busy year in San Angelo in 2013.

Major meth ring busts in March 2013 and at the end of August 2013 run by members of the Mexican Mafia who controlled most of the meth distribution in San Angelo at the time. Still do, AFAIK.

I'll put a post together about those two events.

San Angelo was a major distribution center for meth at the time.

Great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 2013:

Seven suspects in the case, which has been under investigation for nearly two years, were arrested March 20 and two already were in custody, the agency said in a news release. A total of 15 suspects were indicted this month on 21 counts. Each is charged with engaging in organized criminal activity and conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine over 400 grams.

The DPS said the ring distributed 10-15 pounds of meth in an area ranging from San Angelo to Odessa and Midland and other parts of Texas and the U.S.

“Evidence gathered during the 22-month investigation indicates that methamphetamine was smuggled into Chula Vista, Calif., by members of the drug organization in Tijuana, Mexico, with direct ties to the Sinaloa Cartel,” the release said. “Organization members would then transport the methamphetamine across the country using secret compartments. Once in San Angelo, the methamphetamine was distributed across the state and to other destinations throughout the country.”

Authorities seized 28 pounds of meth, $12,000 in assets and $47,000 in currency and recovered about $13,000 worth of stolen property, the release said.

The operation, the DPS said, in addition to affiliation with the Sinaloa cartel, was associated or involved with the Mexican Mafia, West Texas Tango Blast, Aryan Circle and Aryan Brotherhood of Texas gangs.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/maj...indicted-ep-438737858-355683441.html?d=mobile

August 2013:

A series of arrests connected to methamphetamine distribution wound up Wednesday with 17 suspects having been processed through Tom Green County Jail.

SAN ANGELO AS A DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Investigators found drug ledgers during the arrests that were handwritten or in computer files, Bloom said. The information from those ledgers will help in future investigations, Bloom said, because they show where the methamphetamine comes from and who gets the drugs.

Not much methamphetamine is made in the San Angelo area, according to the sheriff and Bloom. Rather, methamphetamine is brought in from Mexico, Jones said, where it is manufactured in super-labs using ingredients shipped from Asia.

Federal and state laws controlling sales of the solvents and catalysts for manufacturing methamphetamine have helped curb local manufacturing, Bloom said.

"It's easier for these distributors to obtain the methamphetamine from Mexico already prepared, already bundled up for distribution," he said.

Some of the indictments served in the roundup listed charges of allowing homes to be used for packaging and processing methamphetamine for distribution, in addition to the main conspiracy charge.

PRISON GANGS GETTING ALONG

Networks and connections made through prison gangs help bring methamphetamine from Mexico into the area to distribute, Jones said.

Jones said many of the people arrested this week hold ties to disparate, clashing prison gangs. However, gangs that are hostile toward other groups in prison somehow find a way to associate more peacefully with each other on the outside, Jones said.

"If they can make money from each other, they will," Jones said.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/17-...ribution-ep-306142982-355428531.html?d=mobile

FWIW, one of BL's FB friends in Johnson County is openly Tango Blast.

Not really related, but interesting in how this stuff goes is that a major 2012 federal conviction of a ranking Mexican Mafia member in San Angelo involved meth coming in from Del Rio.

Del Rio is (and was) Zetas.

Zetas and Sinaloa are rivals, not allies.

Just interesting to me that the source of San Angelo Mexican Mafia meth supply seems to have changed sometime between 2011 and 2013.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/d...ngelo-sentenced-to-30-years-in-federal-prison

Respectfully snipped:

Had always found this arrest interesting why I always go back to it ... Guess due to the sheer fact of its location

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/deputies-arrest-man-on-drugs-gun-charges-ep-306043916-355358361.html

Hmmmmm.....
If you look at that address block in San Angelo, which would be Tom Green County, here's what you get:
ff1907fe0e6af24f2dc1ca55dd4422c2.jpg

But if you look at that address block in Bronte, this is the view you get. I don't know where the Coke/Tom Green County lines are with the addresses, so I don't know which one it would be:
09eeedfb9334cd88cd78ed38fe404014.jpg

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated.*

Zetas and Sinaloa. Never a good mix no matter what drug is being trafficked.

For clarification:

When you see Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) referred to as an investigating agency in in trafficking cases, it is a reference to DPS CID (Criminal Investigation Division) and not to DPS Highway Patrol (state troopers.)

CID is part of DPS, as are the Texas Rangers, but they all have their own chains of commands and operational mandates.

CID is much like federal Department of Homeland Security ICE HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) in that they are not usually the most visible law enforcement agents, but almost always the key agencies in trafficking investigations.

For clarification:

When you see Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) referred to as an investigating agency in in trafficking cases, it is a reference to DPS CID (Criminal Investigation Division) and not to DPS Highway Patrol (state troopers.)

CID is part of DPS, as are the Texas Rangers, but they all have their own chains of commands and operational mandates.

CID is much like federal Department of Homeland Security ICE HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) in that they are not usually the most visible law enforcement agents, but almost always the key agencies in trafficking investigations.
They used to be called Special Crimes. CID is the new, revamped name. This is what narcotics, auto theft, computer crimes, etc., falls under now. They're like our state FBI.

Respectfully snipped:

Hmmmmm.....
If you look at that address block in San Angelo, which would be Tom Green County, here's what you get:

But if you look at that address block in Bronte, this is the view you get. I don't know where the Coke/Tom Green County lines are with the addresses, so I don't know which one it would be:

Presumably Tom Green County:

Yet another drug seizure in Tom Green County has led to the arrest of San Angelo resident Steven Ray Huntley on Wednesday, after a joint investigation and search and arrest warrant was executed in the 5600 block of U.S. Highway 277 North.

http://sanangelolive.com/news/count...unty-arrests-yet-another-dope-dealing-villain

Started out as state charges. Developed into federal charges.

The investigation was a cooperation between the Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office, The U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Homeland Security Investigations, and the Texas DPS Criminal Investigations Division.

Presumably Tom Green County:

http://sanangelolive.com/news/count...unty-arrests-yet-another-dope-dealing-villain

Started out as state charges. Developed into federal charges.
Right. But I don't know if the Bronte address would still be TG County. I'm not clear how far Tom Green County goes that direction, so which address block would it be? Sorry if I'm not explaining it right or I'm having a blonde moment. LOL!

Right. But I don't know if the Bronte address would still be TG County. I'm not clear how far Tom Green County goes that direction, so which address block would it be? Sorry if I'm not explaining it right or I'm having a blonde moment. LOL!

Lol. Grey moment here.

It would be the San Angelo block.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcc14

Respectfully snipped:

Hmmmmm.....

The top map (San Angelo block) is close to where the roads go to Abilene "both ways" -- Hwy 277 and Hwy 67 are both routes to Abilene from San Angelo.

Coincidence?

Perhaps.

Just thought I would point that out.

The top map (San Angelo block) is close to where the roads go to Abilene "both ways" -- Hwy 277 and Hwy 67 are both routes to Abilene from San Angelo.

Coincidence?

Perhaps.

Just thought I would point that out.
I agree. That's why I wanted to make sure. I wonder if there's anything significant out there. I see a veterinarian clinic down the side road, but I wonder if there's anything of possible interest. Meth lab. Green house full of MJ. Etc.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

The Bronte address would be considered 277 south because it is South of Bronte. It would have to be the San Angelo address.

Really wish we had more information of the weeks prior to where BL was the day of his disappearance.
Why was BL nervous and paranoid, of course any type of substance can induce this but feel there was something more going beyound any substance.

Is anyone or has confirmed knowledge if KL and BL worked for the same company?

EG have been highly impressed with your investigative documentation your smarter than an average bear.

STQ appreciate your collaberation in looking into the possibilities.

The reason the article had made me think ... Was based on the activity and location it would be heading out of San Angelo to Bronte. Wouldn't BL have passed by this location? As noted by EG would be interesting if BL was an acquaintance or frequented the gaming location.

Based upon some of the numerous timelines ... Was there a few minutes missing between departure, destination and phone calls.

Really wish we had more information of the weeks prior to where BL was the day of his disappearance.
Why was BL nervous and paranoid, of course any type of substance can induce this but feel there was something more going beyound any substance.

Is anyone or has confirmed knowledge if KL and BL worked for the same company?

EG have been highly impressed with your investigative documentation your smarter than an average bear.

STQ appreciate your collaberation in looking into the possibilities.

The reason the article had made me think ... Was based on the activity and location it would be heading out of San Angelo to Bronte. Wouldn't BL have passed by this location? As noted by EG would be interesting if BL was an acquaintance or frequented the gaming location.

Based upon some of the numerous timelines ... Was there a few minutes missing between departure, destination and phone calls.
There are several discrepancies about BL's employment in general.
1. He was still fully employed by Renegade Well Services, and had been at work that day.
2. He was still employed by Renegade Well Services, but was a no-call, no-show that day (and possibly days prior). *This alleged information came from people who worked for Renegade in the same yard that he did.)
3. He had left the employment of Renegade, and had already gone through the UA and paperwork process for a new employer. The supposed new employer information has never been disclosed or given. It's also been mentioned that this is the reason why the 401k check came into play. That he chose to cash it out rather than roll it over.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Has anyone had a chance to reach out to LE with an FOIA? I really think that's the only way we'll get anywhere with this... Frustrating as we have nothing, no leads, no info... Just vague threads that may mean something, and may not... Let's find Brandon!!

I have contacted a local LE person about FOIA paperwork. She says to send the request for the 911 call to the Sheriff's Department.....it will be up to them as to weather or not they will release the info. If it is still under an open investigation she thinks they may not release it, but it is worth a try. I will see what I can do.

I have contacted a local LE person about FOIA paperwork. She says to send the request for the 911 call to the Sheriff's Department.....it will be up to them as to weather or not they will release the info. If it is still under an open investigation she thinks they may not release it, but it is worth a try. I will see what I can do.

Incredible! Thanks! Really hope we can get some new insights.

New to webslueths and reddit which i posted on under the same name so forgive me if this is somewhere else and im replying or commenting on this in the wrong place but i just wanted to share my thoughts on the brandon lawson 911 tape. Theres a few on youtube if you search brandon lawson 911.
Again sorry if i did this wrong commenting or posting in the wrong area. I wanted to comment about the 911 call i found the video on youtube and it linked to this info about the case http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2014/02/distraught-wife-releases-9-1-1-call.html?m=1

I definitely hear someone else in the background saying "yeah" right after the dispatcher ask "do you need an ambulance" and right before brandon says "no i need the cops". It even sounds almost like the person saying "yeah" is kind of laughing implying like yeah your going to need an ambulance to brandon and brandon saying "no i need the cops" is almost said in like a tone of a rebuttal like a no im not going to need an ambulance i just need the police to deal with you/this situation.

Either way the person says "yeah" in response to the dispatcher asking do you need an ambulance this seems to me that either
1.Brandon is on top of the person saying yeah and is subduing them maybe this is even what he he means when it sounds like he says "got the first guy" meaning hes got them detained.
2. Brandon put 911 on speaker for the people in the background to hear that he is on the phone with 911 in an attempt to try to deter the people in the background from attacking him and thats how they hear the dispatchers question about the ambulance. 3. Brandon came upon an altercation with a group of people he is crouching or kneeling down or in some position where he is hiding next to one of the people involved in an altercation and Brandon and that person are hiding from the rest of the group while Brandon calls 911.

In that case the person saying yeah and almost laughing is implying hes so angry he wants to attack the rest of the group and so they will need an ambulance and brandons response of no sounding like a rebuttal saying "no i just need the police" is to try to say to the guy no your not going to do that lets just wait for the cops OR the guy saying yeah is almost saying it laughing or like its obvious we will need an ambulance kind of tone like yeah were going to need an ambulance because he knows that the altercation is so bad its going to end in someone needing an ambulance if that makes sense.

Sorry im kind of tired trying to explain intonation in text is kinda difficult too :p.

Overall Brandon dosent sound like hes whispering and the other person saying yeah is clearly within some kind of proximity to Brandon from possibly one of the following four scenarios
1. The other person saying "yeah" is being subdued by Brandon,
2. They are hiding with Brandon in a position close to him and so close they can hear the call
3.Circiling around in close proximity to brandon trying to intimidate him as he calls 911.
4.Brandon has the phone on speaker.

Either way another person definetly says yeah in almost a laughing tone and Brandon saying no i need the cops definetly aounds like a rebuttal to that persons statement saying yeah to needing an ambulance.

That "yeah" sounding like its in the background and not being spoken right into the phone speaker along with how closely it is said before brandon says "no i need the cops" really makes me think theres another person and it isnt just Brandon saying two answers.

At first i thought maybe he was high and or drunk and got disoriented but after hearing the other person in the background i really feel like he was not alone and something happened to him.

Whether or not he was drunk or high its a little difficult to tell but i dont think whatever happened to him was from a scenario in which he was alone.

Also i swear at one point in the 911 tape there is a gun shot sound and right after it Brandon says "gun shots too" like hes trying to let the dispatcher know hes hearing gunshots.

Either way this case is a tragedy and i really pray that Brandons family and friends get some answers and of course hope that more than anything hes somewhere and is ok. Whatever happened its odd any thoughts on this from others? Please note this is all obviously just my own ideas and speculation and its not meant to upset or offend anyone especially any of Brandons loved ones. I really do hope the best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4