TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by KayElJay, Aug 29, 2016.

1. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I said no and then I started to think......
    I have always thought someone was chasing him out of San Angelo.

This article tells who in a way.......some ****** from the neighborhood.

Why? I still don't know.

I still think he was killed and his body went with them....so I have not changed about what happened, just maybe a little closer to who, but unfortunately I don't think anyone is actively pursuing anyone in this case.

2. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

I don’t think I’ve ever formed an opinion about what happened, so in that sense no. But I was pretty sure Brandon was at least a couple miles away when his Brother arrived, the possibility that he was a whole lot close changed the possibilities for me.

3. amyee

amyee Active Member

Hi guys. I just started reading about Brandon last week. I haven't read all of the threads (yet), but I have fully read the first and this one. I'm glad to have confirmation the tape is indeed incomplete. The first time I heard it I noticed she didn't ask his name, location or any other personal detail, at all.

I have gone back and forth on drug induced hallucination, he wanders off into the night and dies of a overdose or has some other accident; or he actually was murdered and taken somewhere else. The call reminds me so much of that couple here who died thinking they were in Omaha when they were actually 100 miles away.

The reason I can't get past the first is because he is all frantic at 12:50, but then less than an hour later everything is all peachy again? He's texting and calling everyone, apparently even his neighbor. He's even watching his brother and the deputy? Why not come forward? Unless it did involve exactly that LEO. Of course, he may not have been there at all and just says that, for whatever reason. How did they determine he was even there?

Who knows. Maybe his brother picked him up and he's drinking margarita's somewhere right now.

I think the family needs to tell everything they know if they haven't already. It doesn't matter about his past. Nobody deserves this.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.

4. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

It’s always reminded me of the couple in Omaha who were on methamphetamines as well. Then again, where is he? Why would someone bother to dispose of a body if that person had perished as a result of their own actions, drugs or otherwise. I guess that’s what gives me pause.

Maybe he was on meth AND ran into the wrong people.

5. natsilvat

natsilvat New Member

Could he be saying scaper as in escaper from jail?

CARIIS likes this.
  6. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

Am I correct that the version of the 911 call we’ve all listened to and tried to dissect and decipher is a recording of a recording? Somebody recording the tape that was being played for them? It just seems insane that there’s a higher quality original source that none of us have had a chance to work with...

7. stellam

stellam Active Member

Yes, its a recording of a recording AND parts are redacted. Large parts if I had to guess.

8. amyee

amyee Active Member

neesaki, SharonNeedles and CARIIS like this.
  9. stellam

stellam Active Member

This article is 4 years old and I think that part was proven to be incorrect. He had not yet made it to Bronte.

10. amyee

amyee Active Member

Ok, thanks. I didn't know it had been found incorrect. I assumed that may have been part of his call that wasn't released, because I didn't hear him say Bronte at all in the 911 call.

whatsnext, CARIIS and neesaki like this.
  11. nannymo

I believe he actually says ". In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. " He never mentions Bronte.

12. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

imo

all that matters about the 911 call is he was obviously wildly not oriented and high whatever the drug

ripped someone off

paranoid as in mental illness

the call was off

imo killed and taken and buried

only mo

the call was a very disoriented rambling indication of a mind not working correctly

that simple

sadly

whatsnext and bluesneakers like this.
  13. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

i think our best bet might be to determine if the cops were living way beyond the means

it reeks of corruption in the highest order

cars etc

i think this was a big drug ring lots of money

stellam, whatsnext and bluesneakers like this.
  14. amyee

amyee Active Member

I've actually wondered if he ran into a large shipment of drugs from a cartel or something. It doesn't explain the phone calls after, unless K did find him and picked him up first.

folieadeuxnola and CARIIS like this.
  15. thx4_medic_Babby

thx4_medic_Babby Devout hatred of evil.

He says (imo), “going towards Abilene on Bronte side.”

Bronte is pronounced ’brawnt’.

Edit: one tiny aspect of this case has always bugged me - the position of how his truck is parked/aligned after he ran out of fuel.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  16. stellam

stellam Active Member

And I always thought he said "going toward Abilene on the Bronte side"

Criminal Justice mom and CARIIS like this.
  17. stellam

stellam Active Member

oops, didn't see your comment before I commented. I agree with your interpretation though. It sounds to me like he is saying Bronte side.

bluesneakers and CARIIS like this.
  18. TanaBanana

TanaBanana New Member

Interesting article with some new information. So I guess it’s mostly confirmed that BL was back on drugs even KL questioned whether he was hallucinating. Likely he was. I don’t hear anyone else on that recording like some of you do. I hear him say yes, then no I need the cops. I think he is still on that land somewhere. I think he was hallucinating, confused, lost and succumbed to the elements. Likely with wild animal activity his body was gone fairly quickly. Hate to even type this but this is MO

19. nannymo

I interpreted it as 2 cars. One on each side of the road, but will agree they were on the south side of Bronte. I drive that highway all the time and am very familiar with the area. I don't think he is still there. I believe there are 2 voices on the 911 call......one says "yes" just as BL says no. Whoever chased him into the woods caught up with him and took him with them. I think his body has been dumped closer to San Angelo but that's just my opinion...Glad to see some new people talking about Brandon.

Linda 61, pillywiggin, Vedder and 2 others like this.
  20. amyee

amyee Active Member

I have gotten up to thread #4. I came across this post:
    TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

This is obviously all speculation on my part, but what if he did run into illegal activity? I recall reading about a drug bust later on, but I am not sure if it was on this exact road or not. I saw 2 places it could have been, depending on the county. I do remember the address matched up well if it was in Coke County. Could he have ran into a late night transaction? If it is the case, I fear he will never be found :(