GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by KayElJay, Aug 29, 2016.

1. sprybug

sprybug Member

I've looked at the whole area on Google Maps, and there are a few homes, especially one directly left (west) where the truck was stopped. One of the questions I had in my initial post was, were these people questioned, were they home at the time, did they hear or see anything unusual that night?

EllieGato and JenniferTx like this.
  2. LastHistorian

LastHistorian Member

Just wanted to clarify my description of this area being "desolate country " and point out that nannymo is correct. This is not an uninhabited desert by any stretch, and I didn't mean to imply that in my description. There are ranches and homes at relatively frequent intervals along 277 between Bronte and San Angelo. By desolate, I meant more the nature of the terrain, which is rocky, covered in scrub brush , low mesquite, and cactus. Also, I didn't mean toi insult the town of Bronte, which, while small, is still probably three times bigger than the town I'm from, and seemed like a nice enough place. Just a typical small Texas town, nothing remarkable about it

nannymo, neesaki and JenniferTx like this.
  3. JenniferTx

JenniferTx Well-Known Member

I must say that the area where the cross is has blown my mind. For some reason I never knew that the trees and brush were so thick. You know how you sometimes picture certain things in your mind and then when you see what they really are like it kinda shocks you? That is how I feel now. For some reason I was thinking that when Brandon was on the phone with 911 he was actually running pretty fast but looking at how brushy that area is there is no way anyone could run quickly in that. Thanks so much for posting that pic because it has certainly educated me on the terrain in west Texas. I'm from around the Houston area and we don't really have any cactus of thick brush like that. Poor Brandon must have been in a complete nightmare trying to move around and get away from someone in that mess.

Elisaa444, neesaki, sprybug and 3 others like this.
  4. LastHistorian

LastHistorian Member

I'm glad you got something out of it. It does lend credence to the idea that he was fleeing someone or something seriously threatening. There's no way he would left that roadway unless he had to...he knew full well about the snakes and hogs out there in that terrain, he worked in out that environment every day.

5. sesamestreet

sesamestreet Member

All true - but still dangerous. And still too dangerous, in my opinion, to leave a vehicle without a compelling reason - especially when you consider that he thinks gas is on the way.

sprybug, LastHistorian and JenniferTx like this.
  6. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

Hey Jason, welcome to WebSlueths! While this isn’t the place to discuss what we find on other platforms I think it’s allowable for me to say this isn’t the first time I’ve read your writings and will certainly concede that you’re quite familiar with this case. In keeping with WS TOS I don’t want to address rumors. That said...

Do you think it’s possible at all that BL wasn’t alone at the point where his truck ran out of gas? There has always been speculation that perhaps a second person’s voice can be heard on the 911 call. If a second person was indeed with BL, are we talking about someone who was already with him when he ran out of gas or someone he encountered just prior to the 911 call?

amyee, Elisaa444, windrower and 2 others like this.
  7. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Good question, if it was edited, and I really have no idea, is it possible the unedited recording no longer exists?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    JenniferTx likes this.
  8. Jason Watts

Jason Watts Member

Its possible that he was already being chased when he ran out of gas an it's also possible he encountered someone after he ran out of gas. As far as someone being with like in the truck with him. Nooo absolutely not

JenniferTx, neesaki and LastHistorian like this.
  9. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I have always wondered about another person with him but could not come to terms how they could be........BUT! If you listen to the 911 call he says "We" accidentally ran into them. Why say we if he was alone?

Also, I have always stated on here that I absolutely hear another person say "yes" at the same time BL says "No" to the ambulance. I am compelled to think it is a male voice not a female voice.

Another thing that has bugged me a little "this week".....for the ones who have been here from day 1 and are familiar with the old info from a couple of years ago......
    Do you remember the info about a girl calling 911 about seeing the truck or something? Seems like she was with her Mom and was pregnant. I've got to go find that info. Was it on one of the podcasts from the early days? I am not good at searching the threads but I am going to go look at that....

windrower, JenniferTx, Vedder and 3 others like this.
  10. neesaki

BL told his brother KL that he was there, he could see him. This was when KL had arrived and he was on the phone with him . If this is true this means whoever had chased him was already gone and BL was still alive. So ....
    Idk, I guess I’m a bit confused , if someone murdered him is it assumed they came back after KL and the deputy left?
    I wonder if the deputy saw anyone drive away.

I’m assuming this article is accurate.
    Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    sprybug and JenniferTx like this.
  11. sesamestreet

sesamestreet Member

This jibes with the theory that set all this off. That Brandon was chased and that he was in danger but the danger abated - maybe his attacker (I firmly believe there was one or more - I do believe unfortunately that he was killed) left and came back. It makes sense.

JenniferTx and neesaki like this.
  12. neesaki

Omg... just now read it, actually doesn’t sound all that crazy to me, but as you say, no idea if it’s true.

13. nannymo

I thought KL said he THOUGHT he could see the light on BL's phone, but realized later it was probably not BL. I might be mistaken tho.

14. neesaki

In the article I linked it states BL told KL he could see him, but KL said he couldn’t see BL anywhere. Idk, maybe he was down on the ground so the deputy couldn’t see him.

windrower, JenniferTx and nannymo like this.
  15. nannymo

yes, I see that now. There were several details that emerged in this article I had never heard from KL before. This case stays on my mind all the time. I wish we knew what happened.

Thank you neesaki!

amyee, JenniferTx and neesaki like this.
  16. neesaki

I haven’t followed this case all that closely, more or less off and on. I’ll be absorbed with it for a bit then move on.... but every time I come back to it, it stays on my mind and it will be an obsession for a while. Like the case of Brandon Swanson and Brian Shaffer. All such a mystery.
    I really wish we knew what happened too.

17. Vedder

Vedder John 3:16

RSBM
    I had forgotten about that!

nannymo and JenniferTx like this.
  18. LastHistorian

LastHistorian Member

I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw that post from the pregnant woman on the Bronte newspaper FB page. I'll try and find it.

neesaki, nannymo and JenniferTx like this.
  19. nannymo

I can't find the post on the facebook page. They would not let anyone post comments most of the time....

I seem to think it came from a blogtalk radio program but not sure. Not that it matters, but could be of value.

windrower likes this.
  20. Lyssalady05

Lyssalady05 New Member

Questions I have:

1. I don't know Brandon's address so this isn't exact but I used google maps to determine how long it would take to drive from San Angelo to the location where Brandon's truck was left and it was 28 mins. Brandon leaves Ladessa's at 11:53pm and then calls Kyle at 12:38am. That's about 50 minutes later and I'll be honest, I doubt he was driving the speed limit so I think it's safe to say theres at least 15-20 minutes that are unaccounted for. What'd he do in this 15+ minutes?

2. Going on the same timeframe it'd take to get there from San Angelo as stated above:
    12:38am Brandon calls Kyle

12:40am Kyle calls ladessa to tell her what's going on and asks to borrow their gas can which she says she left outside for him to grab

1:10am Kyle and Audrey show up at Brandon's truck

Even if Kyle literally got into his car as soon as brandon tells him at 12:38am, how does it only take Audrey and him 30 mins INCLUDING stop to Ladessa's to get the gas can? Not to mention, we know Kyle said he and Audrey AND their kid were in the car. So he had to answer Brandon's call, tell Audrey, call Ladessa and grab his kid which as anyone who has ever tried to get a child out of the house and into the car, especially at an hour like that, not something that is accomplished in a couple minutes. So again, how did he get there so quickly yet it took Brandon much longer with supposedly no stops on the way?

3. Brandon called his neighbor and his neighbor calls back 3 times. Why did the neighbor call 3 times? That seems like an intense response. Did Brandon leave a message? Why did he call his neighbor? Who is this neighbor and were they talked to? I do understand that Brandon could have been hoping to get ahold of the neighbor so that they'd go get Ladessa but what I don't understand is that he left Ladessa, insisted on driving to his dad's house instead of crashing at Kyle's but called Kyle to bring him the gas can. Kyle said he was on his way, so why would he still be trying to get ahold of Ladessa at that point to the point where he would call the neighbor. Any thoughts?

4. This is more of a point or food for thought than a question but upon extensive research, I've found a thorough list of his criminal history and suffice it to say that if Brandon was caught that evening high on meth by the police, he'd have reached his 3rd strike and would be going away for 15-25 to life. My point here is that if he was, in fact, high on meth (something he did often and had done time in prison for, so he was no rookie user) or anything really and just simply hallucinating, I really think it is unlikely that he'd call the police and insist on their help all while having an active warrant. I think he was drunk not high which is why he was slurring so much and something really did happen that scared him enough to a. get out of his truck and brave the wild life of the Texas backroads and run into the brush and b. to call the police when he had an active warrant out for him.

5. I've read a lot of things about odd behavior by Kyle and Ladessa and am curious if anyone else on here has heard the same things and can offer links or proof. I don't mean these next things to be taken as fact or to perpetuate rumor mongering. I am simply just trying to see if anyone has heard or knows if any of this is factual or has any proof. I am happy to edit and remove this portion of my post if this violates anything on here.

Things I have heard:

-Ladessa posting about him being missing on a Garage sale site earlier that day

-Brandon's dad posting on Ladessa' fb page telling her to move on and saying something like "Brandon made his decision, I am sorry you don't agree with it but you need to move on."

-I heard Ladessa stayed in a hotel in Bronte that weekend. Is this true? Does anyone know the details of this?

-Kyle didn't fill up the gas can because his check hadn't cleared so he was just going to bring the empty gas can so brandon could walk and get it filled, I guess is his story. But then why did he say he went back at 7am to drop off the filled gas can? I am confused by this. Did he show up to the truck with the gas can and then not leave it after all? Then he went back in the morning to get it filled (with what money? his check wouldn't magically clear in a matter of hours) and left it for Brandon? How did he know Brandon would still be there? Also, why would he be okay with leaving his bleeding brother who either really is being chased by people or he's so high out of his mind that he's hallucinating all of it, out in the middle of nowhere at like 1am? I know he and Audrey say they pulled down the road and waited for 45 mins but if my brother didn't show up after 45 mins, I would call the cops myself. Does anyone have any clarification on this one?

I am not at all trying to say his brother or Ladessa were in on this but I do know that even on WS people have been saying from the beginning that the stories didnt quite add up and I am curious as to why. I feel like whatever they are hiding could possibly lead to finding him.

My interpretation of the 911 call:

Note: words I can't make out are in bold and my comments are in (brackets) (i used this outline from another post):

Operator: '911 emergency.'

Brandon: 'Yes. I'm in the middle of a field and we're safe, we're just pulled/pushed/ some/and guys/got over....going towards Abilene on both/bronte sides/side. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car over here...ch- (there’s an abrupt pause here like he's changed his mind about finishing that sentence and/or his phone cut out) ...chased/taken to the woods. Please hurry.'

Operator: 'Ok. Now, run that by me one more time?'

(there is a voice speaking in the background while the operator is talking)

Other voice: Detective/Protect yours-

Brandon: 'and I'm/We're not talking to them.' (here I think he could be saying many different things. If the voice behind the operator was someone on Brandon's side asking about his call to 911, he might be saying, 'I'm still talking to them,' with 'them' being 911)

Brandon: Ah totally/Accidentally 'Ran into them.

Operator: Ahh, you ran into them. Ok.'

Brandon: 'Just/Shot/Got the first guy.'

Gunshot

Operator: 'Do you need an ambulance?'

Other voice: Yeah

Brandon: ' No. I need the cops.'

Operator: 'Ok. Is anybody hurt?

Quiet voice: Crap

Operator: Hello? Hello?

Quiet voice: Help me

Operator: Hello?

Edit: numbering was off

windrower, nannymo and neesaki like this.