Identified! TX - Burnet County, body in barrel, Lake Buchanan, Sept'06 - Charles Wyatt, 62

HollywoodBound said:
Thanks for keeping us posted Sundayrain!
Thanks......but I wish I had more to post. I thought for sure with the hair found that it would be an easy DNA. Maybe not, maybe because of lack of root...or degeneration. I know so little about forensics.
Texas has one of the best "Missing" sites, it is praised by other states organizers. It was helpful in narrowing down who was missing near that lake.
Now there is a new feature added by Texas to help to find missing.
News 8 in Austin reported that an effort is underway to draw more attention to the missing people of Texas. Project Find Me is a revolutionary attempt by the Texas Dpt. of Public Safety to put the spotlight on victims of foul play.
It is the 1st of ins kind in our country to target missing people this way.
There will be 10 people listed each month. Shirley Cowan is on that list right now. Last seen at an Oakforest RV park on Jan. /01. I have a message out to a relative of Ms. Cowans .....if I get a response I will post it here. I have a feeling they are in the dark as much as we are. She is one of the 11 I have as missing close to the lake area. They are looking for closure.......and if not......hoping the search for her goes on. Waiting for answers is always hard.
It is so meaningful to know the answers to "where the lost" have gone.
I will post as soon as I get any word. Right now its all too quiet. "Sun"

jodierenee said:
Thanks jodierenee......yes, that is the latest Missing Persons Page that Texas has come forward with. The first in the country to do this.
I have listed people who went missing after Jan 2000 at the Buchanan Lake area,for the fact that, the lake was very low in 2000 and would have exposed the barrel.
So far no other updates today on whats, what.........

I can't imagine the pain in waiting for information about a loved one. But......some families in Texas are certainly in the mist of that right now.
Donna Cummings had mentioned in one recent report that her husband GC Cummings "struggled with drug addiction" One day he didn't return home to San Saba, Tx. His car was found abandoned with clothes in it, in 2003.
She believes it was "foul play" and" thinks the human remains" could be his.
In January 2001 Shirley Cowan in the mist of building a home in Kingsland Tx. was possibly murdered there. Evidence was found in the new home. Relatives await word if the remains could be hers.
Then there is 19 year old Rachel Cooke out jogging near Georgetown in January of 2002. Her father has notations on his personal website for this September that "he is waiting for answers" about" the barrel
found on Lake Buchanan."
All are possible victims. Who could this possibly be?
Families wonder if this is long wait might just end their search.
Lets hope for answers soon......the waiting is too long and hard.
No one should have a loved one missing .....and have to wait and wonder. This is getting all to common in America. We have to get tough, and we have to punish the murderers when they are finally caught.

There is absolutely no information on any Texas web site about the findings from DNA testing and the like.
Checking various TV reports and local papers give the same results.
This must be a bit more complicated and difficult then we originally expected.
I am hoping that the families do not have to sit on pins and needles for months.
Anyone who would like to make a banner etc. for the Cookes this web page was listed for posting on all websites,from Rachels father.
http://rachelcookesearch.org/banners.html

Haven't they made an identification yet? What in the world is the holdup?
I want it and I want it now :hand:

Bobbisangel said:
Hey, Bobbi.......Night time girl.
This is just so mind boggling to me. I check about everywhere possible......
Just no answers until they finish the forensics I guess. They might feel it is better not to be giving bits and pieces of who it might be.
Personally, I think if they would at least narrow it......some of the families could end their waiting, and have some peace. At this rate, I wonder if it will take months. Will they have to get one of those clay face artists eventually?
I really think a short release would be in order right now. Don't you?

Bobbisangel said:
Well, Bobbi I think that we need to stop in TEXAS on our way to MEXICO for the rescue of "the bounty hunter" ....
I am about ready to knock on doors right now.
Do you think there could be no DNA evidence at all as to who this is?
I keep thinking of the families, and what they must be going through. Plus, this happens a lot to families of the missing. Lots of reports of "found" people who could be their own".......
I will just keep looking everyday and perhaps oneday there will be answers.
Can it really be this bad? Is it a big nightmare to get evidence from this type of occurance? Right now we don't know if it will be hours, days, a month or many months for the answers. How sad.......
confused.gif

Sundayrain said:
Well, Bobbi I think that we need to stop in TEXAS on our way to MEXICO for the rescue of "the bounty hunter" ....
I am about ready to knock on doors right now.
Do you think there could be no DNA evidence at all as to who this is?
I keep thinking of the families, and what they must be going through. Plus, this happens a lot to families of the missing. Lots of reports of "found" people who could be their own".......
I will just keep looking everyday and perhaps oneday there will be answers.
Can it really be this bad? Is it a big nightmare to get evidence from this type of occurance? Right now we don't know if it will be hours, days, a month or many months for the answers. How sad.......
confused.gif

By the looks of it we will have to stop and investigate on our way to rescue our man The Dog! Can't figure out what is taking so long. If it doesn't match up to anyone that is known to be missing then someone should say so. I would think they would try and match those missing in that area first and expand from there. I feel bad for the families that are waiting to see if it is their child.

there are people who go missing whom never get reported missing. this could be one of those.

I wish we could hurry up and get an update in this case! Does anyone have any news?

Sorry Lass......nothing at all so far. I look into the sites for information constantly. They must be having a hard time with the forensics.
They don't even update what would be the next steps in finding out who the person is. I didn't look today.......but, I will again tomorrow.
Everything is at a standstill.
I am hoping it doesnt take many months. This is a horror for the many families that are waiting.
It is unbelieveable that there is just nothing.......
and no information coming our way.
I will post if I come accross anything at all.
I know Texas can accomplish this .......comeon' Texas!

Sundayrain said:
Sorry Lass......nothing at all so far. I look into the sites for information constantly. They must be having a hard time with the forensics.
They don't even update what would be the next steps in finding out who the person is. I didn't look today.......but, I will again tomorrow.
Everything is at a standstill.
I am hoping it doesnt take many months. This is a horror for the many families that are waiting.
It is unbelieveable that there is just nothing.......
and no information coming our way.
I will post if I come accross anything at all.
I know Texas can accomplish this .......comeon' Texas!
I'm wondering if the victim could have been from out of state, making identification take longer???...??? The US Missing person database must be huge...

angelwngs said:
I'm wondering if the victim could have been from out of state, making identification take longer???...??? The US Missing person database must be huge...
Your right.....
I picked out the people who would be in the timeframe of the lake lowering at a previous year (2001) and went from there. Listing the people who were the closest to the lake, missing after that time. But, this came from a very, very, large Texas missing web site. It sure can be anyone, from anywhere......and then that would really be hard. I have been away......but, I checked just recently and there was no news still. So wishing they would at the least say why. But, I guess they aren't obligated too. It is so hard to have patience sometimes....
confused.gif

Kelly said:
I have been told unofficially that it is a male. I know nothing else about it.

Kelly

Thank you, Kelly. Any information on this case is appreciated, I'm sure.

Yes, Thank you Kelly........unofficial is ok and a big help. They got that far anyway...so that is good to know. Maybe the girls parents will get a full nights sleep, with just that thought of knowing that. It has been difficult to come upon any information at all. A big hug your way for posting the info.!

I wish they had given an approx age. There have to be parents in that area that have a son missing or someone who has a husband, brother, etc, missing. I hope they can ID the person soon.

Rachel's father, Robert Cooke, has added the following comment to the message board on his website for Rachel, in response to queries regarding information about the remains found:

"Robert Today at 02:32 AM

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/rcooke/printadd?id=1377210&pid=13640617 We've been in contact with the Burnet County Sheriff's Office. At this time, they do not think the remains are Rachel's. We've been asked not to share any other details."

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/rcooke/vpost?id=1377210&trail=30

*sigh* :(

Is there still NO word on the idenity of this person??? This is crazy! Even an update in the news that no matches with missing persons registry have been made yet would be better than no word at all....................:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back