TX - Caesar & Adriana Coronado, 14, murdered, Katy, 12 March 2016

Adriana is found about noon on Wed, 16 March. Per the media she had been there 24 to 48 hours.

http://www.khou.com/news/young-womans-body-found-west-houston/93170991

I know I've seen other media reports that gave the same time frame. I wonder how accurate that is. That would put her time of death at about noon on Monday, 14 March. On the map here we have her father's body being discovered at noon on Sunday, 13 March (and from the first press conference by the Walker County Sheriff we have the same time and date). They were gone from their apartment on Saturday when some of her friends were expected to come over. Her father died sometime around Sunday noon at the very latest and she died at noon on Monday?

I haven't seen a time of death in the media for Adriana's father. (May be difficult due to the fact his body was burned.) But if they were missing on Saturday and she may have died on Monday that is a rather long time frame to account for by LE. And we throw in that they were last seen at 1 AM on Saturday, it may be an even longer time frame.

Someone had to have seen them on Saturday. Driving the father's truck from Katy north, and who knows where else, they may have had to fill the truck up with gas.

Between the videos, the time frame and the locations, there has to be a tip that will lead LE to them. That was risky carrying at least one of them around 60-100 miles, when if the only motive was to kill the father. They could have done it early that Saturday morning if all they wanted to do was kill the father.

There is a lot of more of this that doesn't make sense. And that's not counting the fact that they shot and killed a 14 year old girl.

I've seen other media reports say "at least 24-48 hours". So basically, more than 24 hours, to be exact, which isn't all too helpful to us.

It sickens me how some people have such disregard for human life, especially an innocent kid. I am not very religious but I will be praying for that poor little girl tonight.

I've seen other media reports say "at least 24-48 hours". So basically, more than 24 hours, to be exact, which isn't all too helpful to us.

Taking a human life is a vile act if not done in self defense and even then it is tragic. But there is NO way this 14 year old could have done anything to deserve this. If they wanted the father - and that is horrid act - they could have shot him anywhere. But WHY the 14 year old girl??!!??! That is just too much. I'd want to hunt this guy and his accomplices down. I couldn't be in LE on this one. Not if I caught up with him and me with a gun. I don't know if I'd have the restraint.

I'm sorry if this has already come up.
Is it possible the murders were a message for the Mother?

I'm sorry if this has already come up.
Is it possible the murders were a message for the Mother?

The thought occurred to me. But I wonder how things might have been different if she had been there. Did the father go somewhere and take Adriana with him as opposed to leaving at home alone? If so, then if the mother were there he would likely have gone to a meeting alone and we wouldn't be reading about Adriana. Or if the killer or killers made the abduction from the house they might all be dead.

This just seems to be very personal. If they wanted the father, they could have just shot him. They was no need to kill Adriana. I tend to believe that the father didn't do something or did something an individual or group didn't want to do. Then what the killers did was a message to others about what happens if they step out of line.

One thought was that maybe the family was in the US to escape the father's past. But if that was case then the mother going to Mexico was risky. It would have been more simple and less risky in that case to go after the mother in Mexico rather than do something in the US. Unless, then again, this was about the father, and the message to others was even if you go to the US we can still get to you.

So, I'm going to weigh in. I live not far from where this poor child's body was found. My family and I were skiing in Canada from March 13-21 for my oldest child's spring break. We got back to Texas at around 1am on March 22nd and my father in law picked us up at the airport. On the ride to our house he said that the body of a missing teenager had been found not too far from our house. I was like OMG, I read about that case when I was in Canada and thought it was so sad that a pretty young girl had been murdered along with her dad.

The news media, at least the reports I have seen, make it seem like the field she was dumped in is not far from a freeway. That isn't really true. It's actually in a neighborhood and it's not a place that, in my opinion, someone who didn't know the area would dump a body in. You have to wind back through several streets/turns and into a residential area to get to this place. The field she was dumped in, at least where we saw the flowers that were left for her and at least per some news repots, is a kind of utility easement type field between two neighborhoods. There is a stretch of road about half the length of a football field (but I am bad with estimating distances) and the empty field is on both sides of the road. There are no houses in the field of course but houses back up to the field on both sides and on both sides of the road. The point being that it's in a residential area. In my opinion, whoever dumped the body, either lives over here or spends a lot of time over here since it seems unlikely that someone who had never been here would not be inclined to drive into that area to dump a body.

I have also read news reports that she was shot and it also seems unlikely to me that she would have been shot at the scene since the people in the houses that back up to that field would have no doubt heard a gun shot, unless whoever shot her had a silencer. I have lived in my house over here since 2010 and I have heard guns shots a handful of times and have called the police to report them so hearing gun shots over here isn't that unusual but it's also not very common. The road near the field she was found in is pretty well traveled though since lots of people use it to cut through to get to Walmart or the toll road rather than getting on I10 so it seems unlikely to me that someone would have shot anybody at that location. I think they most likely just pulled over and dumped the body, although I have no idea how far off the road she was found. If that is the case then the police should be looking for a car with blood in it.

Houston is weird place. It has no zoning so there are million dollar homes (the category my house falls into) a block or two away from $300,000 homes (the ones seen in the news reports) and even some apartments that are known to be low rent and a haven for illegal aliens. It's no secret that Houston has a large illegal alien population since the people running the show here have decided to turn it into a sanctuary city. Based on the news reports I have seen some of the family/friends of this girl some spoke to the news exclusively in Spanish. I have no idea what the legal status of this girl and her parents was but it's possible that this murder has ties to a drug cartel if the victim's parent/parents have strong ties to Mexico. Based on one news report I read the mom was either in Mexico and was refusing to come home because she feared for her life or she had just gotten back from Mexico. The fact that some of the family/friends who spoke to the media chose to address the media in Spanish and the fact that the mom was reported to either be in Mexico or had just gotten back from there tells me that they may have strong ties to Mexico. Hwy 59 is one of the top drug corridors in the US after all: http://legacy.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/29/12675944/ Per the news reports I read the girl lived in Katy and was dumped near my house (which is not in Katy, but west Houston) and both are located on I10 and not 59 but that still does not mean that this didn't have ties to a cartel.

I also read that the girl was found in her pajamas and house slippers so, it seems, that for some reason she either left her house with her dad wearing that or someone came to her house and forced her to leave with them dressed like that.

This is such a sad story and I really hope the people that did this are caught and brought to justice STAT. The police should be focusing on the area the body was found in for people who are involved in this case though since like I already said it seems unlikely, in my opinion, that a person who didn't know this area would pick that spot to dump a body.

PS - I have not read anything in this thread yet. I posted my response and I am now going to go back to page 1 and start reading what others are saying.

Yes....why is she in the hospital?
And in Mexico of all places?
Maybe she lives there...

Hope it's not related to this case at all.
Lots of people go to Mexico to have surgery or whatever, especially if they have no insurance. Based on the girl's FB page, that someone posted a link to earlier in this thread, the girl said on her FB page that she is from Mexico. Because of that I don't find it unusual at all that the mom went back to Mexico to have a medical procedure done. If the girl is from Mexico then the parents are also most likely from Mexico.

I saw one article that said it was the 11100 block of Mayfield neat Mapleton Drive. I put that on the side of the toll road. BUT I don't see any empty lots at that location.

The lot is mayfield drive between Buescher and Wycliff. At least that is where I saw the flowers that were left for this girl and that is the location my father in law said the body was found at. I live not too far from where she was found. My FIL picked us up at the airport early Tuesday morning (March 22) and we had to drive by the spot on the way to our house.

One of the articles says she was found in a field but the 11100 block of Mayfield Road in Houston is a residential street?
It's a strange area. Basically it's a big utility easement. Houses back up to it on both sides and the easement runs parallel to both sides of that stretch of Mayfield. There are other parts of Mayfield with houses on both sides of it though. The stretch of road that the body was dumped near is about the length of half a football field (although I am bad with guessing distance) and house line it on both sides. If that makes sense. So yes, it's in a residential area but not really. The back yards of houses on both sides of the utility easement face each other and the utility easement is about the width of half a football field. So it's basically an open field between houses whose back yards back up to the field.

I live not far from where this body was found. My family and I were skiing in Canada and we got back early on March 22nd. My father in law picked us up at the airport and said a body had been found not too far from our house. That is how I know so much about this area.

Even though it's a wide utility easement where she was found that part of Mayfield has lots of traffic on it since people use it get to walmart and the toll way in an effort avoid I10. I think that whoever dumped the body there knows the area since that utility easement isn't right off a freeway. You have to wind your way back into a neighborhood taking lots of turns to get to it from the toll road or I10.

I believe she was killed first so the dad could witness it, idk it's so confusing how everything is scattered everywhere. I can't believe all this time I been glued to the news and they find her body not even 5 minutes from my house. It's so sad. I really was hoping they would find her alive. She was found in spring branch (the area where I live) R.IP Sweet angel!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

We are "neighbors" then. I live a few streets over from where this poor girl's body was found. My FIL told me about the body being found when he picked us up from the airport early Tuesday morning. We had been in Canada snow skiing since March 13th. I think that the person who dumped the body there knows the area. It's not exactly right off a major freeway or toll road. WE drove by the area Tuesday morning coming home from the airport since that is the way we get from the toll road to our house when coming from IAH. there were flowers out there that somebody had left for her. It's so sad.

It may mean nothing but there ARE a lot of new houses being built not too far from the area this girl's body was found. like a few streets over. I live in this area and we live on two acres. It's a weird area though since Houston has no zoning. There are million dollar homes on acreage lots (category my house falls into,) $300,000 homes (like the ones seen in the area the body was found) and there are also low rent apartments over here. Developers are buying up single family homes on acreage lots and tearing the down and building 25 or so zero lot line 3 story houses on the lots and selling the for $500,00+ a pop. Some people would think it's crazy that a developer would pay $3 million for a house on 2 acres and tear it down but they are making much more than that by building 25 three story zero lot line houses on the acreage lots and selling them for $500,000 (and that's on the cheap end)+ a pop. maybe dad was working on some of those houses and someone on the job site is connected to these murders? I say that because the area AC's body was found is not a place that a radome person who was not familiar with the area would dump a body, in my opinion. It's not right off of any major freeway or toll roads. You have to wind back into a neighborhood and take lots of turns. I use the Mayfield Rd to get to the toll road when I am going north though and lots of people use it to access the walmart by the toll road, although I refuse to set foot in Walmart since I despise their business practices.

It may mean nothing but there ARE a lot of new houses being built not too far from the area this girl's body was found. like a few streets over. I live in this area and we live on two acres. It's a weird area though since Houston has no zoning. There are million dollar homes on acreage lots (category my house falls into,) $300,000 homes (like the ones seen in the area the body was found) and there are also low rent apartments over here. Developers are buying up single family homes on acreage lots and tearing the down and building 25 or so zero lot line 3 story houses on the lots and selling the for $500,00+ a pop. Some people would think it's crazy that a developer would pay $3 million for a house on 2 acres and tear it down but they are making much more than that by building 25 three story zero lot line houses on the acreage lots and selling them for $500,000 (and that's on the cheap end)+ a pop. maybe dad was working on some of those houses and someone on the job site is connected to these murders? I say that because the area AC's body was found is not a place that a radome person who was not familiar with the area would dump a body, in my opinion. It's not right off of any major freeway or toll roads. You have to wind back into a neighborhood and take lots of turns. I use the Mayfield Rd to get to the toll road when I am going north though and lots of people use it to access the walmart by the toll road, although I refuse to set foot in Walmart since I despise their business practices.

Thank you, I wondered if they were still developing like crazy over there. I know they tend to hire as many illegals (not saying dad or anyone in particular are or were) just in general, as they can. I would think by now any and all people that could have been involved have been spoken with.

Thank you, I wondered if they were still developing like crazy over there. I know they tend to hire as many illegals (not saying dad or anyone in particular are or were) just in general, as they can. I would think by now any and all people that could have been involved have been spoken with.
I would think so too but if dad was working on the those houses being built over here then the LE most certainly needs to look at coworkers and others involved in construction on those houses if they have not already. Someone working on those houses would most certainly be familiar with that area of Mayfield since they would cut through there to get to the toll road and walmart and maybe even Home Depot over by the Spring Branch HCC campus.

I would think so too but if dad was working on the those houses being built over here then the LE most certainly needs to look at coworkers and others involved in construction on those houses if they have not already. Someone working on those houses would most certainly be familiar with that area of Mayfield since they would cut through there to get to the toll road and walmart and maybe even Home Depot over by the Spring Branch HCC campus.

Absolutely, I am hoping they have already explored this entire option.

Thanks for all the info on the area. I'm relieved to see some interested local people willing to keep us updated on this case.

I find it very upsetting that Adriana was maybe dragged out of the sanctuary of her home in her pajamas, which is a possibility, and found dead in a field. Breaks my heart to think about it.

A lot of effort and driving around went into these murders, not just simple shootings. It sounds like the perps know that area well. Why were the murders of Caesar and Adriana so nasty, revengeful, and angry? What did the killers want or was this all just to send out a message to others? I don't understand, and hope locals will share their thoughts as more info comes out.

Thanks for all the info on the area. I'm relieved to see some interested local people willing to keep us updated on this case.

I find it very upsetting that Adriana was maybe dragged out of the sanctuary of her home in her pajamas, which is a possibility, and found dead in a field. Breaks my heart to think about it.

A lot of effort and driving around went into these murders, not just simple shootings. It sounds like the perps know that area well. Why were the murders of Caesar and Adriana so nasty, revengeful, and angry? What did the killers want or was this all just to send out a message to others? I don't understand, and hope locals will share their thoughts as more info comes out.

I too find it very sad and disturbing that this poor child was maybe dragged from the sanctuary of her home. Perhaps she left with her dad of their own free will and they were abducted after the fact but either way she still felt a tremendous amount of fear no doubt before she was killed. That is so heartbreaking for me. I really hope that whoever did this is caught and brought to justice soon.

Breaking news. I don't know the exact details but they just raided a home connected with the dad and adrianas disappearance

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back