TX TX - Caleb Diehl, 18, Nocona, 30 March 2015

What happened to Caleb Diehl on March 30, 2015?

Caleb Diehl was last seen on Monday, March 30th.
The teen, who had turned 18 two weeks prior, lives in Grapevine, Texas with his older sister, but was in Nocona, Texas visiting his mother and working at a part-time job. His personal vehicle was in the repair shop, so he borrowed a pickup truck from his employer. Caleb routinely helped the employer, a family friend, check on various land leases and work his herd of cattle.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/mystery-missing-teen-caleb-diehl-n419016?cid=sm_fb

I just saw this. This is very near me. There has been nothing on local media. Already missing a week. ''Authorities do not know how the truck got back to its' owner. '' This is a curious statement, right? I mean someone has to know how the truck turned back up ? Was it parked in it the driveway of the owner ? Or did they see it on the side of the highway ?

I would speculate the owner of the returned in good condition truck might be involved. Seems logical.

Caleb's mother and sister suspect foul play.

“We've been forced to believe that a very trusted family friend has been involved and we want him to come forward and admit it. We want him to tell us where he is because everything the police has checked out, has led back to that as being the strongest possibility," said Diehl.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/28986933/the-search-continues-for-missing-teen-caleb-diehl
RSBM

Marking my spot. :(
So, did they dust for prints on the truck ?
Or have SAR or cadaver dogs check it, to see if someone harmed Caleb while he was still in the cab ?
Have LE spoken with the "family friend" ?
Looked around on the web and can't find very much.
Is there any chance whatsoever that he left of his own accord -- as in, Caleb witnessed something he shouldn't have and left alone or with someone ?

:moo:

So little information on this case... Does anyone know if there were searches done and If any organizations like Texas equusearch have been involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb's mother and sister suspect foul play.

“We've been forced to believe that a very trusted family friend has been involved and we want him to come forward and admit it. We want him to tell us where he is because everything the police has checked out, has led back to that as being the strongest possibility," said Diehl.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/28986933/the-search-continues-for-missing-teen-caleb-diehl
I wonder if the close family friend is also the part-time boss?

From everything I've read, it appears so. But Caleb's mom posted on Facebook that the family did not know anything about a part time job and that Caleb had borrowed his truck because his own vehicle was in the shop. The suspicious thing is that Caleb had this mans truck, he disappears and the hours after being reported missing, the truck somehow is back at this mans house, but no Caleb. This is from the Bring Caleb Diehl Home Facebook.

I just drive through Nocona and saw a billboard for Caleb. I had to see if he had a thread here. I should have known better! ;). I need to read up on this case.

Bumping for Caleb!

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

This case is too quiet...

Very interesting... Hope it leads to finding Caleb

A person of interest in the disappearance of a young Nocona man has been arrested on two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child stemming from incidents alleged to have occurred from 1996 to 2000.

Paige Williams, 97th District Attorney, said in a news release Rickey Dale Howard, 54, of Nocona, was arrested Tuesday in Muenster. The arrest warrant claims the male victim was 13 years old when the assaults began during deer season in 1996 at locations owned by Howard, including a lake cabin. He claimed he was sexually assaulted more than 500 times.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news...a01-e053-0100007f035b-362643871.html?d=mobile

It appears that RDH has been transferred from Cooke County to Montague County.

Cooke County is showing him as "Released" but has no bondsman listed. Normally when a person makes bond, that information shows in the online jail record.

Their site is showing $500,000 bond on each of the new charges for a total of $1 million. I suspect he will be able to make bond, but I also suspect the release terms will include electronic monitoring and a curfew.

Montague County SO webpage says their jail population information is available via Vinelink, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Here is a piece of new information provided by Caleb Diehl's family on their Bring Caleb Diehl Home Facebook page:

But they did finally after months get Verizon to send everything they could pull from his phone records. The last call Caleb received, 15 minutes before he left the house and wasn't seen again was to RH

https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...ntifier=526906324137767&gfid=AQCstCczncU8YIry

My Christmas wish is for Caleb's family to receive more answers.

I am so glad RDH is in LE's spotlight. But reading about the molestation/rapes make me more fearful about what Caleb may have been through in his life than ever.

The now adult man who had been molested for 4 years beginning when he was 13 is now reporting it. He has probably lived with this secret for years. So RDH stopped when he got to be 17 or 18. That's what child molesters do. They are no longer interested when the "child" grows into adulthood.

As I hate to even speculate this but I wonder if Caleb has been another victim of this man. Could he have threatened to turn him in for what had been done to him? I hope LE gets his devices and computers and go through the with a fine toothed comb.

JMO's

Earlier this month:

http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/family-of-caleb-diehl-ready-for-answers

This is something that has been hard for Diehl's family members because they say Howard was a good family friend.

"It's been extremely hard. I mean when we went to the hearing, me, two of my daughters and my stepmother, went to the hearing where they were having a hearing to reduce his bail. They made his son testify and that just kills my kids because my kids still care a lot about his kids and they still talk and it was just so hard to see his son have to get up there," Tami Diehl, Caleb's mom, said.

http://www.texomashomepage.com/news/local-news/nocona-man-posts-500k-bond

Ricky Dale Howard was released early Wednesday afternoon from the Montague County Jail, after posting a new $500,000 bond.

This is in addition to his original $400,000 bond for the first charge.

Howard had two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child filed in December, and on Tuesday two more counts were filed after authorities say a second victim came forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back