TX TX - Carey Parker, 23, Quinlan, 17 March 1991

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by alwaysonmymind, Jan 4, 2013.

1. laytonian

laytonian Well-Known Member

Thank you, because it sounded before like someone had taken the papers out of the car and mailed them. So really, it's of no significance.

Did you look at this unidentified person, found in Louisiana in 1994?
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/889

2. jjohnston0827

jjohnston0827 Member

Bumping. This young woman needs justice. I live in the DFW area and my husband grew up in Quinlan, so I am very familiar with the area. Patricia, If there is anything I can do, even if it is just a person to talk to, please don't hesitate to let me know.

3. mmmmallorym

mmmmallorym New Member

Bumping for Carey.

4. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

5. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Patricia... just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and Carey and hoping for answers. Sending lots of love and peace your way.

6. Kenny Ray 01

Kenny Ray 01 New Member

STANDREID Has good comment referring to car posible being in a accident that is not yet discovered. as it is thought that there has not been any activity on the vin number of her 1980 blueish gray Buick Skylark Sedan.

They scenerio as a whole really points out the weaknesses in the system.

Points of interest being
    1. That she worked late shift in a rural area

2. She at the time having conflicts with boyfriend

3. She was good looking young gale

Factors:

1. No activity found from Carey

2. No car activity found

3. She did not collect paycheck

4. Family has received threats pertaining to pursuing her disappearance

Conflict

1. The Police went to the Attorney General saying they didn't want to release her vin/plate number because it would interfere in a criminal investigation.
    Conflict of interest as they claim there is no evidence of a crime

Blind side

There is a huge difference between good samaritan, and criminal intent, factors of life styles unfortunately seem to have a bearing on the matters of importance. Values have seem to played a role, as tracking her activity after work is not identified. factors of car breaking down or crashing. Abduction has been high profile factor for many years with very little disposition, there is definitely unturned stones in this investigation. Clear Precise Understanding is like saying if your late for dinner you merely be lumps in teh carpet you were swept under.

It is hard to say what happened with Carey on March 17, 1991 the night she left work and disappeared.

The point is that the investigation has claimed to with hold evidence and clues to what went on with Carey on March 17, 1991 the night she left work and disappeared due it being a criminal investigation how ever they wont treat it as crime as there is no evidence supporting a crime. Which to me is like lying to the face, covering up what went on with Carey on March 17, 1991 the night she left work and disappeared. are they protecting someone because of Carey's difficulties.

Understand the difference between good samaritan and criminal

In AA we admit we were powerless to drugs and alcohol, in real life you are forever condoned for the fail !

7. jjohnston0827

jjohnston0827 Member

8. Bigmike17

Bigmike17 Active Member

North Texas has been in a severe drought for several years, the Eastern half has not been as bad but even Lake Tawakoni has been very low. Duck cove is practically dry and the White Point causeway has been rebuilt at least once that I can remember. If she left the road at duck cove she would have been found, if on the causeway its possible she would have been found during construction. I think the likelihood of her leaving the road into one of the gravel pits is high, primarily since they are so close to the roadway and they tend to be more constant level than the lake. That said most of those pits are deep but generally clear, one is a scuba park now. If you could get permission to search the pits from the landowners it might be possible to find a diver at the park that would be willing to do a search for you.

9. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

"Officials, family continue search for woman"

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/officials-family-continue-search-for-woman/article_90dbbd18-64db-11e5-a8d0-9fdc8f1f7695.html

10. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Found this article with Brian Parker (Carey's son) talking about his mother's disappearance. It was published in The Quinlan-Tawakoni Times a few days ago. You need a subscription to read the whole thing though so only a few lines are available. Hoping someone can fill in the rest.

Son turns confusion to clarity, reclaims shattered pieces of his life

http://quinlan-tawakoninews.com/articles/2015/10/09/son-turns-confusion-clarity-reclaims-shattered-pieces-his-life

11. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola 70's-80's Jane Doe's

12. VioletStrange

VioletStrange New Member

Carey Parker's disappearance is sad. After reading some articles about missing persons being found in vehicles in lakes many years later, I went to Google Earth Maps and looked through all archived images of Lake Tawakoni, even in drought years. The lake is huge, but I saw nothing indicate the presence of a car. Of course, the quality of the images is limited.

13. knowthings

knowthings New Member

Well there are very few people with the name Songer on Facebook and all seem to be related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

15. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

16. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

momrids6 likes this.
  17. Txteacher1

Txteacher1 Member

I agree! I cannot fathom why the family was essentially "written off" by HCSO and as a citizen of that county, I would like to see this case publicised and solved!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

18. VioletStrange

VioletStrange New Member

19. Hstevenson86

Hstevenson86 New Member

Bumping for carey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Has anyone in any LEA stated that they will look into this young woman's case? If yes, do we have any valid contact information? And would it require the family calling, or could anyone make the call?

If no, then our LEAs have dropped the ball on this young woman's rights. She is one of our citizens that they have sworn to protect. Sadly, so many seem to be only interested in collecting their paychecks! I don't mean to offend, it's just what I am a witness to in so many cases. Carey, Michael Chambers, and countless others.

Why is this allowed to happen? Most importantly, how do we change this, to make our laws pertain to EVERYONE?