GUILTY TX - Carla Walker, 17, abducted, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

So he was dragging Carla from the car with one hand , and beating the boyfriend over the head with a gun with his other hand?

All from the passenger side of the vehicle?
Good point. So, in an interview, Rodney (the male victim) or possibly Carla’s brother...I forget which, but I think it was Rodney. He says he thinks it was one man and he theorizes that it could have been someone from the military base that’s three miles away. I think that’s a smart theory and could explain the reason that the perp was ballsy enough, strong enough, and skilled enough to take Rodney out while pulling Carla out of the car. Rodney only survived because the clip fell out of the gun while he was being beat with it (LE was actually able to identify the gun based off of Rodney’s beating gashes), the perp, at one point, pointed the gun at Rodney’s face and pulled the trigger. Rodney recalls at least three clicks. Finally, The perp just knocks him out. I think Carla says something like “I’ll go with you, just stop hitting him”, something along those lines.

“Police released a letter Friday that was mailed to a detective shortly after Carla Walker was kidnapped and killed in 1974. The handwritten letter indicates that the author might know something about the killing, but investigators have no idea who that author might be, according to police.”

Family of murdered Fort Worth girl hopes old letter will re-invigorate investigation

I happened upon this article yesterday and came here looking to see if there was a thread. I’m glad to see there is some history. There seems to be a lot of information and with DNA and today’s technology, I’m surprised this case hasn’t been solved yet.

this reminded me of the kathy girl back in late sixties early seventies i dont remember now. Except for the morphine. She was also raped, strangled, beaten and possibly held captive and tortured. She also vanished from a near by bowling alley...This Kathy was in Kentucky at the time i believe not Texas

ADD ON.........The morphine. To me that is a huge clue. for 1974. Whom would have access to this drug to inject into a young girl to subdue her?????? Doctor, nurse, Vietnam vet, veterinarian, veterinarian assistant. hospital staff.........In 1974 morphine was readily available where..........Could you get it at a pharmacy in inject able form.

Last edited:
“Police released a letter Friday that was mailed to a detective shortly after Carla Walker was kidnapped and killed in 1974. The handwritten letter indicates that the author might know something about the killing, but investigators have no idea who that author might be, according to police.”

Family of murdered Fort Worth girl hopes old letter will re-invigorate investigation
Im not expert. But I would guess it ws written with the wrong hand. left handed wrote it right handed etc. So in case the killer did write it, they would use there correct hand for match of writing and make it not match. But this was close of the time of zodiac killer and his letters, so this could be nothing more than a copy cat of the zodiac. 10100??????????? Anyones guess.

10100??????????? Anyones guess.
Apparently some of the 10- codes (as in using "10-4" for "acknowledged") used by some police forces only go to 10-99. But truckers in CB talk apparently use (used?) 10-100 for "taking a short break, need to urinate". To the extent the letter is an attempt by perp to steer police into potty-mouthed considerations, it doesn't to me seem promising to analyze its meaning.

Not sure if this is relevant here, but the pub chem cid# 10100 is a number used for the compound summary of a substance know as propoxyphene. It is an opiod antagonist similar to methadone. Not sure if it can be confused for morphine when testing for it specifically but I thought I would mention it here in case someone knows or wants to investigate further.

Nov 12 2019
Who Is Carla Walker? New Details About The Murder Cold Case That May Be Solved After 45 Years

Photo: crimeonline.com
image%20%2877%29%20%281%29.png

"A murder case that has been cold for 45 years has gained renewed interest after police released a letter that may provide answers. The handwritten letter was mailed to a Fort Worth detective in 1974, shortly after Carla Walker was kidnapped and killed. The detective, who was working on the case, died shortly after receiving the letter. He never shared it with the public or family. The beginning of the letter has been redacted, but the rest of it reads, “killd [sic] Carla Walker in Benbrook,” the phrase “Sign 10100” two times, and the post scripture, “It is hard to say but it is true.”

The Fort Worth Police wrote in their press release on Apr. 19, “The author of this letter is encouraged to come forward and speak with detectives about his or her knowledge of the murder. It is the hope of the Fort Worth Police Department that this person will provide valuable information that may bring peace and closure to Carla’s family after 45 long years. The author of the letter, or anyone who knows the author of the letter, is asked to call 817-392-4307.”
April 19 2019

Now that DNA can be extracted from a licked envelope, I wonder if they’ve considered that. I think the letter writer was a relative of the killer. Possibly a parent who is appalled that their child could do this but also knows, that child well enough, or found/saw/heard some clues, to this crime in their home. Maybe bloody clothing, a drunken admission, odd injuries on their child, etc.

this reminded me of the kathy girl back in late sixties early seventies i dont remember now. Except for the morphine. She was also raped, strangled, beaten and possibly held captive and tortured. She also vanished from a near by bowling alley...This Kathy was in Kentucky at the time i believe not Texas

ADD ON.........The morphine. To me that is a huge clue. for 1974. Whom would have access to this drug to inject into a young girl to subdue her?????? Doctor, nurse, Vietnam vet, veterinarian, veterinarian assistant. hospital staff.........In 1974 morphine was readily available where..........Could you get it at a pharmacy in inject able form.
Who had access indeed, especially in 1974. I may have missed it but was there ever an age range given for this perp? A younger man, middle aged man, an older man?

Only if someone had cancer , like I said the handwriting does look like the note from the Ft worth 3 kidnapping and someone close to that investigation DID have cancer hmmmmm!!!!

Not sure if this is relevant here, but the pub chem cid# 10100 is a number used for the compound summary of a substance know as propoxyphene. It is an opiod antagonist similar to methadone. Not sure if it can be confused for morphine when testing for it specifically but I thought I would mention it here in case someone knows or wants to investigate further.

I looked through the NIH page and found it interesting that it was used in Darvon and Darvocet, which were later withdrawn from the US market at the request of the FDA.
"The FDA sought market withdrawal of propoxyphene after receiving new clinical data showing that the drug puts patients at risk of potentially serious or even fatal heart rhythm abnormalities."
It also referenced one article with the following:
"Propoxyphene binds primarily to mu-opioid receptors & produces analgesia & other CNS effects that are similar to those seen with morphine-like opioids."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back