TX TX - Carla Walker, 17, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by OkieGranny, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ClockworkLemon

ClockworkLemon Well-Known Member

Good point. So, in an interview, Rodney (the male victim) or possibly Carla’s brother...I forget which, but I think it was Rodney. He says he thinks it was one man and he theorizes that it could have been someone from the military base that’s three miles away. I think that’s a smart theory and could explain the reason that the perp was ballsy enough, strong enough, and skilled enough to take Rodney out while pulling Carla out of the car. Rodney only survived because the clip fell out of the gun while he was being beat with it (LE was actually able to identify the gun based off of Rodney’s beating gashes), the perp, at one point, pointed the gun at Rodney’s face and pulled the trigger. Rodney recalls at least three clicks. Finally, The perp just knocks him out. I think Carla says something like “I’ll go with you, just stop hitting him”, something along those lines.

Ibiz and Suglo like this.
  2. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

FWPD released a letter today in the case.I'm not sure when they received it.

Attached Files:

annemc2, :+:MrTT:+: and TedMac like this.
  3. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

that looks a lot like the handwriting from the Ft worth 3 letter supposedly from Rachael Arnold.

TedMac and Ozoner like this.
  4. johnbelt

FWPD has had the letter since 1974.I don't think they are the same but wouldn't that be something.

TedMac likes this.
  5. johnbelt

That is someones name blacked out followed by killed.

TedMac likes this.
  6. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

:+:MrTT:+: and PayrollNerd like this.
  7. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I happened upon this article yesterday and came here looking to see if there was a thread. I’m glad to see there is some history. There seems to be a lot of information and with DNA and today’s technology, I’m surprised this case hasn’t been solved yet.

SAMS, :+:MrTT:+: and Suglo like this.
  8. :+:MrTT:+:

:+:MrTT:+: Cold Case Files

this reminded me of the kathy girl back in late sixties early seventies i dont remember now. Except for the morphine. She was also raped, strangled, beaten and possibly held captive and tortured. She also vanished from a near by bowling alley...This Kathy was in Kentucky at the time i believe not Texas

ADD ON.........The morphine. To me that is a huge clue. for 1974. Whom would have access to this drug to inject into a young girl to subdue her?????? Doctor, nurse, Vietnam vet, veterinarian, veterinarian assistant. hospital staff.........In 1974 morphine was readily available where..........Could you get it at a pharmacy in inject able form.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    TedMac likes this.
  9. :+:MrTT:+:

:+:MrTT:+: Cold Case Files

Im not expert. But I would guess it ws written with the wrong hand. left handed wrote it right handed etc. So in case the killer did write it, they would use there correct hand for match of writing and make it not match. But this was close of the time of zodiac killer and his letters, so this could be nothing more than a copy cat of the zodiac. 10100??????????? Anyones guess.

TedMac and Suglo like this.
  10. Gruffin

Gruffin Member

Apparently some of the 10- codes (as in using "10-4" for "acknowledged") used by some police forces only go to 10-99. But truckers in CB talk apparently use (used?) 10-100 for "taking a short break, need to urinate". To the extent the letter is an attempt by perp to steer police into potty-mouthed considerations, it doesn't to me seem promising to analyze its meaning.

:+:MrTT:+: likes this.
  11. Thewop356

Thewop356 Active Member

Not sure if this is relevant here, but the pub chem cid# 10100 is a number used for the compound summary of a substance know as propoxyphene. It is an opiod antagonist similar to methadone. Not sure if it can be confused for morphine when testing for it specifically but I thought I would mention it here in case someone knows or wants to investigate further.

:+:MrTT:+: and PayrollNerd like this.