TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible some here agree - the vid itself appears to show DB abducting Cash, but person in vid -
- could be DB's twin, brother, or cousin? (speculating these ppl exist)
- could be a rando doppelganger? (w other known facts, darned unlikely)

I know you are saying that you doubt these possibilities are very likely, and you're just trying to imagine how some people may have come to the conclusion it's not DB in the video.

IMO, again I'd go with Occam's Razor. While there may perhaps possibly somehow somewhere be a doppelgänger of DB, the likelihood that this random doppelgänger showed up in a home where the actual DB has been, and was a friend of the son, is vanishingly infinitesimal.

Twin, brother or cousin? More plausible than a doppelgänger but extremely doubtful. I'm an identical twin, which is one of the reasons this case tears me apart. We do have the same DNA, but like all identical twins, we don't have the same fingerprints (which are caused by how we touch our mother's womb in utero). I imagine that DB left fingerprints on Cash, on the knife, on the doorknob, which would rule out any identical twin that exists. The neighbors would know if he has a twin, anyway. People from my childhood remember us because we are "the twins."

Darriynn Brown took Cash from his bed to a walking trail in the 8900 block of Isom Lane and stabbed the child multiple times in his front torso, according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Police say in the warrant they don’t know what weapon was used.

Brown then took Cash to the 7500 block of Saddleridge Drive in the Mountain Creek area of Dallas where Cash was later found by a resident who was walking around the neighborhood, police say.

Cash Gernon’s blood found on items belonging to man charged with killing the 4 year old, police say

on google maps it appears that it is an approximate 3 to 4 minute walk from Florina Parkway (MS residence) to where Cash is believed to have been murdered on the trail near Isom and an additional 4 minute walk from there to where his body was found on Saddleridge.

In looking at the map it is just so open and residential and bold. The only thing I think that saved DB from being seen carrying the dead child is that it was the wee morning hours on a Saturday while he was doing so.

Last edited:
The news reported in the video states, (1:20 mark) "We are not sure completely yet, of the relationship between Brown and the woman who was caring for Cash, other than the victim in the February case (grandfather) did say that the woman taking care of Cash would often open up her home as a safe place to troubled youth.

When? While the boys lived there? With two young children in the house?

Apologies if repeat

The news reported in the video states, (1:20 mark) "We are not sure completely yet, of the relationship between Brown and the woman who was caring for Cash, other than the victim in the February case (grandfather) did say that the woman taking care of Cash would often open up her home as a safe place to troubled youth.

Apologies if repeat

The boys were reportedly moved in by their father on or around Valentine's day, their father left the household leaving the boys behind sometime in March. Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

The alleged attempted abduction a couple of doors down happened sometime in February (same month as the boys were moved in). Suspect in Cash Gernon killing tried to grab another child in February, cops allege

Monica S has stated in the press that she returned from the grocery store a few days before Cash's murder and found DB in her home and told him to leave, that she had told him he wasn't welcome there anymore. 'Killer' visited boy's home & 'creeped out kids' before 'he returned to kill'

Cash was murdered on May 15th.

SPECULATION: the boys moved in, and either shortly before or shortly after, the attempted abduction happened doors down. MS told DB you can't be around here anymore, you need way more help than I can offer. several days before Cash is murdered she returns to the house and finds him there, she tells him I don't want you around my kids, kicks him out, and chastises her teenagers for allowing him in.

Just days later Cash is murdered. Sounds to me like his welcome had been revoked around the time the boys moved in once the issue doors down took place.

I still can’t shake the thought that DB did not commit this crime alone. I will be extremely surprised if nobody else was involved. It’s interesting to me that neighbors have come forward with security cam footage of DB peeking thru fences, testing car door handles, breaking surveillance cameras etc. but nobody has come forward with footage of him carrying cash from the home and dropping him 8 blocks away in the middle of the street!?

He killed cash in the nearby nature walk/trail.
You presume no footage but that doesn't mean none exists. If significant footage was found it might be produced at some point. At this stage there is no reason to produce it; the forensic testing in the clothing is sufficient for the charging documents. If the case goes forward any exculpatory evidence has to be given the defense, and if there is a public trial and it is used as evidence that will be part of the transcribed proceedings if not shown in public.

Not-DB-in-the-Video?

@HaikuMommy bbm sbm Just jumping off your post to act as devil's advocate on bbm point.

Is it possible some here agree - the vid itself appears to show DB abducting Cash, but person in vid -

Just considering possibilities about how other posters may see the vid in context. Not personally convinced on any of them. My2ct.

The possibility of an identical twin or near-identical cousin could be said of any case where there is video of someone committing a crime, not just this case.

But DB is not known to have a twin; DB was identified as having tried to abduct a sleeping 2 yr old in recent past; DB was at the home recently; DB was forensically linked to being there at the time of Cash's death.

As I've said before, IF this case goes to trial (big IF), I think a jury will say with certainty that is DB on video abducting Cash.

The forensics came back pointing to DB's presence at Cash's death.

Apologies if repeat

Not when the toddlers were staying with her.

DB apparently stayed there at some point in February because that's when the near-abduction of 2 yr old happened. She told the grandpa of the 2yo he was having a breakdown and needed mental help. Once he was released from the mental health facility, she supposedly called the grandpa back and told him DB was violent. Once the toddler boys moved in (March), she made it clear to DB he wasn't welcome there anymore. She was upset when her children told her he'd been in the house while she was out grocery shopping.

Just considering possibilities about how other posters may see the vid in context. Not personally convinced on any of them. My2ct.
snipped

Aha. Those are the kind of comments that people are reading on the sites, that are considered more believable than LE? Twin brothers that nobody knows about and doppelgangers nobody has seen?

Attachments

• 56-10-2021_-_Appointment_of_Attorney_-_F2175848 (2).pdf
    199 KB · Views: 14
  • 46-10-2021_-_Bail_Request_Form_-_Crim_Plead_DC_-_F2175979.pdf
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 236-10-2021_-_Election_of_Counsel_-_F2175979.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 6-10-2021_-_Docket_Sheet_Crim_-_F2175848.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 8
A Twin or Doppelganger?
I know you are saying that you doubt these possibilities are very likely, and you're just trying to imagine how some people may have come to the conclusion it's not DB in the video....
@Arkay
Thank you for your response which reiterates my point. And actually I think chances of one of those two possibilities ^ are just barely a bit more likely than a little green man in a flying saucer landing, killing Cash, and flying back to the mothership.
my2ct.

Last edited:
The possibility of an identical twin or near-identical cousin could be said of any case where there is video of someone committing a crime, not just this case.

But DB is not known to have a twin; DB was identified as having tried to abduct a sleeping 2 yr old in recent past; DB was at the home recently; DB was forensically linked to being there at the time of Cash's death.

As I've said before, IF this case goes to trial (big IF), I think a jury will say with certainty that is DB on video abducting Cash.

The forensics came back pointing to DB's presence at Cash's death.
And there are a lot of ring videos and witnesses, showing DB looking into cars and backyards and messing with the cameras and even attempting to snatch a child--and he is always seen ALONE AFAIK.

So why would he suddenly have a partner in crime now?

Last edited:
A person is guilty or not, by way of doing an act or not. Being deemed guilty by a court is something completely different.

If my son steals money from my wallet, he is guilty of doing that. Even without a judge or jury.

There is a person who is 100% guilty of killing Cash. Because it wasn't an accident and it wasn't suicide. So, someone is guilty. Even before court. Everyone here is smart enough to know that no court verdict has been reached. But everyone is also smart enough to know there is a guilty person responsible.

Why is this thread so twisted?!?!? I have never in all my websleuths years seen so much focus be taken off of a child who was murdered and so many people wanting to distract from facts. This is a true crime forum. We discuss true crime. From the moment a person goes missing. There are many months and years before it goes to court. There is no need for a disclaimer on every post that it hadn't gone to trial yet. No kidding!!! He was literally just charged with capital murder yesterday. We are all aware of how the system works. And yet, the rules of this forum are to discuss only suspects who have been named by the police. As we are. What had not been mentioned in any main stream media or police is a second person being involved. So, if we want to start getting all "rule followy", then one person can be accused and discussed of being involved with the kidnapping and murder of Cash Gernon. His name is Darriynn Brown. He is the one and only person charged.
I am with you on this one. It seems like people want this to be deeper than it really is, some complicated plot by his dad or the girlfriend or an unknown person or persons. The fact is that the man was recorded entering the home, leaving with the child, and returning to the home without the child. The child was found murdered. He was also recorded returning to the home a second time!

Things I’ve read elsewhere speculate that this suspect is a “scapegoat” and someone paid him to remove the child from the home. Ok, fine, let’s speculate that - he still kidnapped the child from his bed!

I am with you on this one. It seems like people want this to be deeper than it really is, some complicated plot by his dad or the girlfriend or an unknown person or persons. The fact is that the man was recorded entering the home, leaving with the child, and returning to the home without the child. The child was found murdered. He was also recorded returning to the home a second time!

Things I’ve read elsewhere speculate that this suspect is a “scapegoat” and someone paid him to remove the child from the home. Ok, fine, let’s speculate that - he still kidnapped the child from his bed!
Exactly. And if he had kidnapped him and handed him off to the killer, he would still be charged with accomplice to or conspiracy to capital murder. Possibly even murder itself if he knew what the killer had planned.

But now that they have blood on his clothing, it's a moot point

And there are a lot of ring videos and witnesses, showing DB looking into cars and backyards and messing with the cameras and even attempting to snatch a child--and he is always seen ALONE AFAIK.

So why would he suddenly have a partner in crime now?

Especially for a crime so much larger than breaking into cars.

AND the child's DNA ended up on DB's clothing, not some other person that orchestrated this as some think happened. DB is seen IN the house, carrying the child off, and Cash's blood is found on DB's clothing, after Cash was found stabbed, dead, and laying in a pool of his own blood. I get that everyone is innocent until proven guilty but this isn't exactly sounding like a tough case to solve IMHO.

According to the murder affidavit, DNA tests and surveillance video show Brown kidnapped Gernon, carried the child to a nearby walking trail and stabbed him to death in the chest.

The affidavit says Brown brought the child’s body back out onto a public street and left him there.

Blood evidence linked kidnapping suspect to Dallas 4-year-old’s murder, affidavit reveals

Am I misreading this? It sounds like there is surveillance video of him on the street with Cash.

Is that enough to put to bed that a DB impersonator took Cash?

According to the murder affidavit, DNA tests and surveillance video show Brown kidnapped Gernon, carried the child to a nearby walking trail and stabbed him to death in the chest.

The affidavit says Brown brought the child’s body back out onto a public street and left him there.

Blood evidence linked kidnapping suspect to Dallas 4-year-old’s murder, affidavit reveals

Am I misreading this? It sounds like there is surveillance video of him on the street with Cash.

Is that enough to put to bed that a DB impersonator took Cash?

Possibly but not necessarily. I just read that section of the affidavit and it says "surveillance videos" (plural). It could be someone not careful with their wording or it means more than the 1 video that we know about. I think they found evidence on the trail (blood) which is why they know about that. It doesn't take a cam to verify that Cash was taken to that trail. His fresh blood at that site could be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288