Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

More info coming out.
•Aunt did know boyfriend and baby were gone way earlier than she said originally.
•Boyfriend's previous charges included family violence for biting his wife, and "child abandonment with intent to return."

Aunt's boyfriend arrested in death of 18-month-old Dallas boy found in landfill

( Sent from WFAA )

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

More info coming out.
•Aunt did know boyfriend and baby were gone way earlier than she said originally.
•Boyfriend's previous charges included family violence for biting his wife, and "child abandonment with intent to return."

( Sent from WFAA )

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

The article doesn't say those things. Are they your guesses?

"We don't know 100 percent of what happened," said Cedric's aunt, Crystal Jackson, earlier Thursday.

The aunt had custody of the toddler after he was removed from his parents' home.

Jackson told police that she put her nephew in bed at about 11 p.m. Tuesday. While police said she initially told them she didn't notice Cedric was missing until the next morning, a search warrant states she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed both her boyfriend and the toddler were gone.

Jackson also initially told police that a girl inside the condo told her she saw someone, who looked like a close family friend, take Cedric overnight. The girl said she hid and didn't say anything until the morning because she was afraid.

Maj. Max Geron said during a news conference Wednesday that a "person of interest" was in custody in Keller on unrelated warrants.

That person, Harold Johnson, is the father of the suspect police arrested on Thursday.

From your link:

I call BS. What happened between the noise making, ‘unwrapping’, vomiting, and supposed CPR? My daughter has woken up in the night when she has been sick and vomited, and never once did that result in myself or my husband needing to perform CPR. I know, there is a small chance the boy started vomiting while still in the swaddle and aspirated it, resulting in his death. But when a freak accident like that happens, god forbid, you wake your girlfriend up who is supposedly sleeping in the same room, and call 911. You don’t sneak out the house and throw the kid in a dumpster. And I’m sorry but how did girlfriend/aunt sleep through all this if in the same room? Especially if the other child in the house was woken up by it. The girlfriend/aunt says she put him to bed at 11:00 and saw him last shortly after. Now she says she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed him and boyfriend missing, and attempted to contact boyfriend to question why the two were missing in the middle of the night. Why not report that right away?? Why not call police when you notice them missing in the middle of the night and can’t get a hold of them?? I won’t be shocked when her story changes yet again. I am sorry for ranting, but I am so sick and tired of these trash parents/guardians/caregivers killing children and throwing them out like trash. Going to sit on my hands for a while here.

Yeah, agree. Something terrible happened. My kid does not wake up when she vomits. She never has. The only reason I know this is the first time she vomited (she wasn’t a spitter upper as a baby) she was around 2 and was in my bed and I happened to be awake when she started sounding like she was gagging. She had vomit in her mouth and all over her face. I sat her up, it went everywhere! She never woke up until I made her wake up to take a bath.

Despite this she has never once needed CPR because I make her sleep in my bed if she has a stomach ache!

Maybe he was so upset by being restrained tightly he was crying and choked to death on puke and they just assumed he had cried himself to sleep like he had every other night.

I know fostering generally requires a home study, but are the requirements different for a temporary relative placement like this?

Even in emergency services, they are required to walk through and make sure the home is safe and adequate. They still have to be under residency limits and have a bed/space.

Yep, it's donkey dung. They were swaddling Cedrick on a continuing basis because he once made a mess with ketchup packs? That makes no sense.

Rarely do these cases ever turn out to be an actual accident, it's going to come down to what LE and the DA can prove in court and what plea deals they offer IMO.

Thankfully he was found quickly so hopefully they can prove everything!

Yeah, agree. Something terrible happened. My kid does not wake up when she vomits. She never has. The only reason I know this is the first time she vomited (she wasn’t a spitter upper as a baby) she was around 2 and was in my bed and I happened to be awake when she started sounding like she was gagging. She had vomit in her mouth and all over her face. I sat her up, it went everywhere! She never woke up until I made her wake up to take a bath.

Despite this she has never once needed CPR because I make her sleep in my bed if she has a stomach ache!

Maybe he was so upset by being restrained tightly he was crying and choked to death on puke and they just assumed he had cried himself to sleep like he had every other night.
Something tells me I don’t want to know the real story here

I am curious about how many children were in the home and what their sleeping arrangements were. CPS is not supposed to place children into the home without a bed and bedroom space. (No more than 2 children sharing a room, opposite gender under 5 can share...but any above 5 have to be same gender.) The child can't share a bedroom with an adult, unless it's an infant. I don't remember what CPS considers an infant.

Allowing her boyfriend with a criminal history involving children...is definitely NOT allowed.
Exactly! Ball dropped.

"We don't know 100 percent of what happened," said Cedric's aunt, Crystal Jackson, earlier Thursday.

The aunt had custody of the toddler after he was removed from his parents' home.

Jackson told police that she put her nephew in bed at about 11 p.m. Tuesday. While police said she initially told them she didn't notice Cedric was missing until the next morning, a search warrant states she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed both her boyfriend and the toddler were gone.
And she hasn’t been arrested yet?

Jackson also initially told police that a girl inside the condo told her she saw someone, who looked like a close family friend, take Cedric overnight. The girl said she hid and didn't say anything until the morning because she was afraid.

Maj. Max Geron said during a news conference Wednesday that a "person of interest" was in custody in Keller on unrelated warrants.

That person, Harold Johnson, is the father of the suspect police arrested on Thursday.

The clarified in the presser today, that he is no longer a person of interest.

The declined to say whether the aunt was a person of interest.

Last edited:
Sources close to the investigation tell CBS 11 News – Sedrick Deshun Johnson — the boyfriend of 18-month-old Cedric “C.J.” Jackson’s Aunt — is in police custody in relation to the death of the little boy.

Police arrested Johnson Thursday morning. It’s unclear what his role was.

Johnson’s prior criminal history includes abandoning and endangering a child with intent to return, prostitution, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

WTF is CPS doing giving custody to a family member with a boyfriend who has a record of endangering children!!! WHY WHY WHY

I'm with you....WTF?

I have no words. CPS is totally and completely out of control. Maybe if some of these CPS employees are held accountable for their actions, they might actually use their brains when they start placing children in homes that are just as bad (or worse) than the one they have been removed from.

Giving custody to an aunt with a boyfriend who has a record that includes child endangerment, prostitution and disorderly conduct is beyond belief. Yup...that's where I would put a child who was being removed from his home.

I just can't believe this.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie