Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NBC Dallas says there's an Amber Alert but according to Dallas PD it's a Critical Missing, which sounds like Cedrick wasn't taken by someone the family knows. IMO.
Dallas Police Dept (@DallasPD) | Twitter

So... possible abduction? I'm not so sure. He was last seen at 12:30 am - that tells me he disappeared from his home.

Hopefully Cedrick will be found soon or we'll get more information as to what happened.

ETA: Info on the location: Twin Creek condominiums, 9700 Whitehurst Dr, Dallas, TX 75243
Search underway for missing Dallas toddler

ETA2: Alex Boyér on Twitter Media briefing at 3 pm - 7 minutes from now.

Last edited:
According to police sources, a young girl inside the apartment said she saw a man come into the apartment overnight and take the child. She said she didn't tell her mother until the next morning because she was afraid.

In the morning, the door of the apartment was found unlocked.

The suspect in the case was a person that the family knew. Police found the man and have brought in for questioning.

Girl says she saw man take away missing boy from Dallas apartment, police sources say

From the above article, "Cedrick Jackson, 18-months-old, had recently been placed in the custody of his aunt, who called police Wednesday morning to report the toddler was missing, said Maj. Max Geron during a news conference.

The aunt told police that she put Jackson to bed at about 11 p.m. Tuesday night and woke up to discover him missing almost seven hours later at her condominium in Lake Highlands."

The relative the girl thought she saw was questioned and released, and is now in jail on am unrelated charge. Odd.

Mr Mistivon and I will be heading over there shortly to help search. Just wondering where he could be since the step grandfather was arrested quite a ways away....altho now police are saying they're not convinced that's who had him.
Hopefully the baby is somewhere safe.

Oh my... so dang cute!

blob:https://www.nbcdfw.com/cb9125bf-2136-4f5e-b048-8ff3ded57ec9

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 18-month-old boy who may be in danger, Dallas police say.

Dallas police said Cedrick Jackson was last seen shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment on the 9700 block of Whitehurst Drive.

Police believe he may be in danger and in need of assistance, though they have elaborated as to why.

According to Maj. Max Geron, acting commander over Criminal Investigations Bureau of the Dallas Police Department, said that the boy had been placed in temporary custody of an aunt by CPS.

She put him to bed sometime after 11 p.m. and discovered him missing when she went to check on him at 6 a.m. She then called 911.

A child who lives in the same apartment described someone who looked like a relative take Cedric at some point during the night, police said.

That person was located by police, but the boy was not in his possession. He is now in the Keller jail on unrelated warrants. ...

Amber Alert Issued for Missing 18-Month-Old Dallas Boy

cedrick.jpg

Critical Missing: Dallas Police Looking For 18-Month-Old Cedric Jackson In Possible Abduction

For those of you not local, Keller is a north Fort Worth suburb, a good hour from Dallas.
Areas near Keller are reporting severe thunderstorms and high winds. If this little guy is outside somewhere it's not good.

Odd is right, why on earth would the step-grandfather take Cedrick in the middle of the night? An ex-spouse or boyfriend or even the mother I could see but there seems to be no rhyme or reason for this man to take him. And if he did, where is Cedrick??
A juvenile witness told police they had seen a man who resembled Cedrick's step-grandfather take the child away. There were no other children in the home at the time, police Maj. Max Geron said.

The step-grandfather is in custody on unrelated charges in Keller. Cedrick was not with him when officers found him, Geron said. He is considered a person of interest in the investigation.
Amber Alert issued for toddler who may have been abducted from Lake Highlands home | Missing Person | Dallas News

This baby was taken from an area dense in lower income apartments and rental condos just up the road from me. Reports are saying there was some tension/arguments between family members and specifically between the Aunt and Step-grandfather. Since Cedric was not with the Step-grandfather when he was taken in to custody I think they are doubtful he is the one who grabbed the boy. No info has been released on how old the other child who thought it was the Step-grandfather is. If she was scared and little and in the dark she may have made an assumption based on the man's silhouette. Surely s family squabble wouldn't lead to harm for this baby! Praying for his safe recovery!!!

Areas near Keller are reporting severe thunderstorms and high winds. If this little guy is outside somewhere it's not good.

Odd is right, why on earth would the step-grandfather take Cedrick in the middle of the night? An ex-spouse or boyfriend or even the mother I could see but there seems to be no rhyme or reason for this man to take him. And if he did, where is Cedrick??

Amber Alert issued for toddler who may have been abducted from Lake Highlands home | Missing Person | Dallas News

I'm about 15 minutes south of Keller and yes weather got real bad and it came from that way. As that storm moved in I saw how dark it was getting and took my dog out for a quick potty break. The wind was horrible. I got a small cut across my cheek from a small rock that got picked up from our BBQ pit area and flung across the yard. Lost power for a bit as well. We are going to hope he is not out in those elements.

Hopefully if little man was taken no harm came to him and he is being hidden due to whatever issues that got CPS involved that pulled the child out of the custody of his parents. Fingered crossed and praying it's just custody thing and nothing more.

I am confused. I know the Dallas PD is saying there is a regional Amber Alert, but NCMC is not showing an active alert.

AMBER Alerts

@HowertonNews
***BREAKING*** @DallasPD have upgraded their regional Amber Alert for 18-month-old CJ Jackson to a statewide Amber Alert. The toddler has been missing for almost 24 hours. @wfaa

Matt Howerton on Twitter

No additional info on the DPD twitter. I haven't checked FB.

ETA: Oops, perfectingpink I didn't see your post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aib51
Back