TX TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

Is it known if the police responded to the note as requested in the personal column? I can't help but wonder if this wasn't a hoax, because the author must not have been persistant in contacting the police.

Wonder if they tried to obtain fingerprints from the envelope or paper? Also if any dna could be taken from the envelope flap? (If the person licked it to seal it or not?

Bumping..
Anybody know where i can find a clear closeup copy of the anonymous letter for viewing?

Heres is a handwriting comparison between the anonymous letter writer in this case,and a person that i think may have written the anonymous letter. The anon. letter writer will be called writer "H", and the person who i think may have wrote it will be called writer "Z". See if you think both writers are the same.

Attachments

• handwritingcomparison2.jpg
    handwritingcomparison2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 146
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope it's ok to post this.

http://www.helpcherylandandy.com/

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is what the [/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]suspect looked like in 1990 so he has aged (19 years later). He's described as in his late 20s/early 30s (in 1990), Caucasian, dark hair, dark eyes and 6ft. tall. [/FONT]

http://www.helpcherylandandy.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/CompositeSketch.jpg

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We need your help. Does this sketch of the suspect look familiar?
If you recall anyone that looked like this in 1990 Call Crime Stoppers.
If you lived in Houston in 1990, try to recall anything that may relate to this tragic night.
If you know of anything that may help lead to finding their killer please contact Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. All callers are anonymous.

[/FONT]

I believe that i am right,and the writer of the anon letter in this case is the same person i did the writing comparison with. The writer i compared it to was THE ZODIAC KILLER of Calif. I have already contacted Law Enforcement!

And i have done more writing comparison as seen here:

Attachments

• phpoTUG00PM.jpg
    phpoTUG00PM.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 92
I believe that i am right,and the writer of the anon letter in this case is the same person i did the writing comparison with. The writer i compared it to was THE ZODIAC KILLER of Calif. I have already contacted Law Enforcement!

And i have done more writing comparison as seen here:

VERY Interesting ! I do see some similarities in the writing, even though the Houston samples are very light. I look forward to hearing what comes of this ! Keep us posted, please?

Did they ever look at anyone she may have dated at college? Or who wanted to date her there but she turned down because of the BF?

Hey Morf13

You are on the go, as soon as I started reading about letters being wrote I thought of you and well well here you are. LOL If this letter proves to be a Zodiac letter, he was a man on the move which makes me always think truck driver (I know, I said it before). They can run the same rounds for weeks, months even years till the trucking company loses an account and then the driver starts running another location. There would be no better job for a serial killer. It is hard to catch someone who is on the move and I really feel there are a few of the them out there. It would be really cool if dispatchers in trucking companies would look at the dates of the killings in (Zodiac) CA and see if there is a pattern.

Ok I don't get it, the web page has a sketch of a suspect, but from what I have read there was no witnesses? What's up with that?

Hey Morf13

You are on the go, as soon as I started reading about letters being wrote I thought of you and well well here you are. LOL If this letter proves to be a Zodiac letter, he was a man on the move which makes me always think truck driver (I know, I said it before). They can run the same rounds for weeks, months even years till the trucking company loses an account and then the driver starts running another location. There would be no better job for a serial killer. It is hard to catch someone who is on the move and I really feel there are a few of the them out there. It would be really cool if dispatchers in trucking companies would look at the dates of the killings in (Zodiac) CA and see if there is a pattern.

I will share with you a handwriting comparison i did of the anon. letter writer compared to the KNOWN writing of Zodiac. The Zodiac will be called "Z" in the writng comparison the anonynous Houston writer is called "H". Judge for yourself,as for me , i am certain the anon. letter writer is ZODIAC! Whether he committed their murder, i cant say,but the way they were killed is alot like the Lake berryessa Zodiac attack. In that attack,Zodiac approached a young couple with a gun,and subdued them. He then tied them both up,and stabbed them both repeatedly. Very similar to this case. Two big differences.
1- Cheryl was raped. Zodiac never did that,but maybe he moved onto rape later on.
2-Their throats in this case were slit.Zodiac stabbed. Although i believe if Zodiac did kill this couple he slit their throats,as to not leave witnesses as he did in the berryessa attack.

The sketch you saw is of a rapist in another case. Chery henry's rape DNA matched to the DNA taken fron another rape victim,who survived her attack,and gave the description of her attacker in the sketch. He would have been in his 30's or 30's,too young to be Zodiac. But i also read that the lab that did the tests for DNA for Houston PD,was shut down due to improper DNA handling and mix-ups, so the DNA from Cheryls henry's rape,may not even go with the person in the sketch.

As far as Zodiac being a trucker, i dont think so. I think he moved to Texas. There is no known Zodiac activity in Calif after 1974. I believe its because he moved.

please give your opinions on the handwriting comparisons

Attachments

• zodiacwriting 1.jpg
    zodiacwriting 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 48
  • zodiacwriting 2.jpg
    zodiacwriting 2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 42
Writing samples are not my thing, but they do look like they could be from the same person.

Quote;
As far as Zodiac being a trucker, i dont think so. I think he moved to Texas. There is no known Zodiac activity in Calif after 1974. I believe its because he moved.

Or he changed jobs, and started working for another company (The man had to work somewhere). Wonder if the Richard H. guy from the Lindy B. case was ever in TX. I thought he was a strong link to CA. to PA.
Seems like serial killers like CA. and TX because there sure are a lot of unsolved cases there.

Julie, didnt really consider Richard Haefner a suspect in the Biechler case,more a POI,as well as a POI in the Aardsma case. He coincidentally was from where Biechler lived,he was at college same time as Aardsma,and he wrote a research paper in Calif in the 60's. Despite all of that, i havent been able to conclusively link him with any Zodiac crime. Also, he moved out to Calif at some point and while out doing research in the desert,died of a heart attack in 2002.

This connection i have made between the Zodiac and this Houston double homicide shows that the anonymous letter was received by police in 2001,and while haefner could have been involved i doubt he was.

In addition, in fanning out my search from Houston, i found the League City Tx. murder of Laura Lynn Miller. She was shot with a .22 in the mid 80's. Over 20 years later(i believe it was 20 years later( her father received an anonymous letter. It was filled with Zodiac-like references,words,etc. This would have been AFTER HAEFNER DIED. I am so sure that this Houston & League City activity is Zodiac,that I can safely rule out once and for all in my mind Zodiac suspects, ALA (He was already dead) Manson family member Bruce Davis ( He was in jail) Ted Kazcynski "unabomber" (He was also in jail),ad POI Haefner.

If there isnt a Laura Lynn Miller thread already, i will be adding one. Stay tuned!

Okay, here is a handwriting comparison between Zodiac, and the anonymous writer in this Houston case. I was able to make the anon. writer sample a bit darker so it will be easier to see

Attachments

• php8Oi2KkAM.jpg
    php8Oi2KkAM.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
  • phpVQz3ksAM.jpg
    phpVQz3ksAM.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 55
Okay, here is a handwriting comparison between Zodiac, and the anonymous writer in this Houston case. I was able to make the anon. writer sample a bit darker so it will be easier to see

Thanks for making it darker, easier to see and I agree they could both be the same writers very similar writing just looks like the second writer was in more of a hurry.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/wales.htm

"Finally, the week after he retired, Belk got the call he'd been waiting 17 years for: DNA evidence from semen found in Henry's body had been matched to DNA collected in the unsolved 1990 rape of a 30-year-old exotic dancer who worked at GiGi's, a topless club on Northwest Freeway."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back