TX - Christian Wilson, 7 mos, left in car overnight, found dead, 25 March 2009

I found some comments that, I think, are from a family member.

Posted by very pissed off | 2 days ago
i don't know who yall people thank yall are
but i bet some of u talkin down on my cousin
don't have room 2 speak on her!hell do me a favor and leave the judgement up 2 the man up stairs case he truely is the only 1 besides her that knows what happen and why.i can say she is a great mother and i know she is going
through it right now so NOBODY needs 2 judge
her i don't give a damn if u think you know her.our family is goin through enough without
this crap.....so back the hell up!

i have read all the comments and its a shame that people jus cant say nice things about someone who jus loss a child.we the family dont know what happen either but we know her well enough 2 know she wouldnt do this on purpose.i know its jus gets some of you off 2 judge others but as the old church songs says sweep around your own front door!if it was one of your family members this happen 2 would any of you be so quick 2 judge...im prayin 4 yall 2 as well as my cousin and the rest of our family cause i see some of you need JESUS.with that being said you guys need 2 stop beig so hard on her she must have been goin through something 4 this 2 happen so jus ease up on her please damn.

yes we are tryin 2 get the other 2 children im not sure if the father was ever found i mean they all lived togeahter but we cant over ride him but if he dont handle his biz please blieve we on it we are a close family
and we take care of our own.thank u 4 the ones of u who are and have prayed 4 us but i see some of yall aint gettin it .........stop the b.s.
this isnt the time 4 it our main concern is tryin 2 get the others kids with the family and gettin their mom some help....miss ya gurl with
that xtra s..t yea fill n tha blanks

It could be a family member Lovejac, or it could be someone hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen, pretending to be one. I've seen that happen before ...some people I can never figure out....

It could be a family member Lovejac, or it could be someone hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen, pretending to be one. I've seen that happen before ...some people I can never figure out....

I know you're probably right, Kat.

It's wishful thinking on my part, I got all excited when I saw the post about how they were trying to get the other 2 boys. I cannot imagine how scared they must be right now.

For those who aren't familiar with Vicodin, it effects different people in different ways. DH can take a couple, drink some beer, and have no changes in his cognitive ability at all. Granted, even knowning that, he would never do it when he's home alone with DD. The point is, it just doesn't having any effect on him. They make me tired. I've never tried to take more than one, or drank with it, but it doesn't get me high or loopy, just makes me tired. On the other hand, a friend's sister can have HALF of one and gets completely loopy. She looks like she's been drinking for the past 12 hours straight! So it is possible that she took that many, drank, and appeared perfectly fine. Or even WAS perfectly fine and is just using it as an excuse. If no one at the daycare center noticed anything unusual, I doubt she was that messed up.

I took it after dislocating my tailbone during labor.

It made me very relaxed. The effects, to me, seemed to be like that of Nitrous. It didn't kill the pain even as well as the Motrin did, but it makes it so that you really don't mind the pain. A bit of mental detachment there.

It doesn't distort reality. As a mother of a seven month-old boy, I can't imagine the influence of hydrocodone making me forget about him. I'd have to be unconscious. Maybe the wine/hydrocodone combo made that happen. I just have serious doubts. Plus, she should be charged with negligence for combining the two in the first place, as a sole caregiver.

When you have kids, you are constantly aware of what comes next in your day. I'm not the most schedule-rigid person on this planet, but I'm constantly all "Oh, I have to feed A his yogurt." "N needs a diaper." "I should make a bottle for when A wakes up from his nap." "I need to put them in their PJs."

For her not to have remembered the baby, none of the kids should have received care that night. Asking the older children questions about that night would probably be very helpful. "What did you eat for dinner?" "What pajamas did you wear?"

If she was conscious, this story goes way beyond suspicous.

Sadly, though, I can see the baby getting so upset (hungry, cold, wet) that he choked to death on the resulting phlegm. There are days where A has to cry for five minutes why I tend to my 23 month old and he gets so worked up he starts hiccuping afterward.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Infant-Left-in-Car-Overnight-Dies.html

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/032709dnmetchmom.3c609c7.html

snipped from newspapers

Wilson told police that she had taken two Hydrocodone pills at about 4 p.m. before leaving work, then drank some chardonnay when she got home at about 5:30 p.m., and took one more pill before leaving to pick up her three boys from day care.

She told police that when she returned home, she took Christian's diaper bag and his 3-and 6-year-old brothers inside, while leaving him strapped inside his car seat. She sat the diaper bag down by the bar near the kitchen as the other two children came inside and began eating dinner.

Wilson told police "that after she finished her glass of chardonnay, she immediately had a sharp pain in her injured knee and sat down on the couch in the living room." this is when she said she believes she "blacked out".

When Wilson, who has a history of alcohol-related violations, woke up and found her son unresponsive in her car Wednesday morning, she did not call 911. Instead, she called four other numbers over roughly 15 minutes before she frantically asked a Dallas police officer who lives next door for help.First she borrowed his phone to make the calls without telling him there was a crisis.

She took the child inside and removed his clothes to see if he was still breathing. After checking the baby, she searched for her cell phone so she could call for help.

According to public records, Wilson pleaded guilty in Dallas County to a 2007 charge of driving while intoxicated. She also was cited for public intoxication in Cedar Hill once in 2007 and again in 2008, according to records.

What tells me Wilson is not telling the whole truth as she knows it: It is the details in what she is saying vs what she didn't say that gave away her story as being less than truthful.

Wilson has a history of alcohol use so her body may react differently to mixing the pills and wine verses someone who doesn't drink on a regular basis, she would have a higher tolerance than "normal". What wouldn't change for anyone is that when she consumed enough to cause her to "black out" for almost 12 hours is all the details that she has stated so clearly.

She remembers taking 3 pills between 4 and 5:30, what time she left work, what time she went and picked up her kids at daycare. Coming in the house with the diaper bag and even where she set it down! the boys eating dinner, finishing the glass of wine! feeling a sharp pain that caused her to sit down, then at that precise moment she "blacked out" until 6:45 am. Immediately upon waking she realizes for the first time in almost 12 hours her baby isn't where he belongs.

Just like a whack on the head that is hard enough to knock someone out will cause amnesia in the time just before the blow and confusion upon waking, so would taking enough pain pills and alcohol that rendered someone unconscious for almost 12 hours.

If she said she didn't remember how many pills she took at what time, didn't know what happened to the glass of wine she thought she was was drinking, claimed her boys must have eaten dinner because the remains are on the table and she must have brought the diaper bag in the house when she got home because there it sits. I might think she was telling the truth. What she remembers is much too clear for me to believe she "forgot her baby in the car".

Wilson's behavior the next morning is very odd. Carrying her baby's body in the house and undressing to look for breathing? How many of us would need to take the clothes off to know a baby wasn't breathing? Who borrows a phone from the LEO next door, then goes back 15 minutes later and asks for help because our baby isn't breathing?

I don't know when her story veers off from the truth, I just know things didn't progress the way Ms Wilson says it did.

I wish one of the news reports would fill in some of the blanks about what happened that night. Like who got the 3 & 6 y.o. off to bed, where they slept, if they tried to wake up mommy or go to the car to get the baby...

As tehcloser says when there's stink there must be hink. Or vice versa either works for me in this case,

I know you're probably right, Kat.

It's wishful thinking on my part, I got all excited when I saw the post about how they were trying to get the other 2 boys. I cannot imagine how scared they must be right now.

Lj I believe those people are who they stated. If you go back to day one there is a woman who claims to be family and later she identifies herself as a cousin and later someone who claims to be Wilson's sister.

They are very bothered by any criticism of Wilson, saying no one knows what is going on in her life so they shouldn't judge.

They claim family realizes something happened that night but they don't know what it was either. They want to know what happened and they want to get the kids out of foster care. Their stories have held since day 1 and basically they just want the criticism to stop. Repeating over and over that Wilson has always been a good mother. Very Cindy Anthony-ish when everyone else is out for blood!

I was in a car accident and I injured my knee so badly that I need a new knee but I am too young for it.They said I have to wait 10 yrs anyway I was taking the same pills.I took 1 in morning one at night, sometimes when pain was extreme I would take a 3rd one. Never took them and drank.They never take pain away just made me foggy headed.I stopped taking them. She sounds like she is a very bad substance abuser, you never take pains and drink.All over the bottle it says do not drive on this medicine,and do not drink.She is just a legal drug addict, she deserves to be in jail.

Somebody has probably already said this, but if I had family that this was going on with, just about the last thing I'd do is spend my time on some website, telling a bunch of strangers, "Y'all don't know her!" Are they auditioning for Jerry Springer?

I bring all my children in first... I rarely leave them in the car, unless they were sleeping, ad once I'm done bringing grocerys in then I grab them, but thats like one in a million chance that they stay asleep. BUt maybe the baby fell asleep, and shes not telling us that she usaully lets the baby stay asleep in the car for awhile, yep some people do that, and I think its wrong. Then maybe she did forget, and passed out. I feel so bad for the other kids. First leaving a child in anywhere is 100 perent irresponsible even if they are locked in, 2nd drinking while just taking medicine again, irresponsible. I have a few drinks so I dont think thats wrong, but I never mix pain meds with drinks.

I guess I am just wondering when will people learn not leave children in cars..... My husband asked me one morning what I did with my 19 month old while i brougth my son to prek. I said uh well the mornings I have her I take her in, funny thing is my husband is home in the morning and he watches her lol. We both know and talk about how we wouldnt leave the kids alone in the car or outside.

Somebody has probably already said this, but if I had family that this was going on with, just about the last thing I'd do is spend my time on some website, telling a bunch of strangers, "Y'all don't know her!" Are they auditioning for Jerry Springer?

If they only knew how many times that is said and how many times that is wrong.

I was in a car accident and I injured my knee so badly that I need a new knee but I am too young for it.They said I have to wait 10 yrs anyway I was taking the same pills.I took 1 in morning one at night, sometimes when pain was extreme I would take a 3rd one. Never took them and drank.They never take pain away just made me foggy headed.I stopped taking them. She sounds like she is a very bad substance abuser, you never take pains and drink.All over the bottle it says do not drive on this medicine,and do not drink.She is just a legal drug addict, she deserves to be in jail.

ITA with this. It would be one thing if this was a fluke event with pain pills. But her history is such that it was pure neglect to do this around the kids. Picking up the kids after taking all those pain pills? And you can bet her family and friends know her history as well. That's why I'm not buying what her family and friends are selling.

IMO, at best this lady was neglectful. At worst she did something to this baby and is conveniently blaming it on the pain pills.

My experience with pain pills and caring for children:
A week after my son was born I developed an infection in my c-section incision. Long story short-I had to have 2 shots of morphine so they could get all of the infected tissue out. This was maybe a 45 min. procedure. They sent me home right after. My husband was in "tech school" for the Air Force and had been assigned dorm guard duty, something he absolutely could not get out of. I don't know if morphine is stronger than vicodin, but I know as hard as it was, I was able to take care of my 1 wk old after two shots of the stuff. I was very aware of where he was, and was able to do the minimum of feeding him, changing him, and calming him to sleep. Was I in a bit of a fog? Heck yeah, but I still had my Mommy instinct and was able to do what needed to be done and I still remember every bit of caring for him that evening (almost 9 yrs later). For the record- I am a lightweight when it comes to meds-two regular strength motrin will make me sleepy.

A blackout is very different from being foggy, but generally lucid, after taking narcotic meds. Narcotic meds plus alcohol is a big No No - it can lead to blackout or death - lots of accidental ODs are from booze and pills.

This woman clearly has an addiction issue. If she was in a blackout, then I completely understand how she forgot about her infant. Still, I am interested in what the autopsy report will show.

A blackout is very different from being foggy, but generally lucid, after taking narcotic meds. Narcotic meds plus alcohol is a big No No - it can lead to blackout or death - lots of accidental ODs are from booze and pills.

This woman clearly has an addiction issue. If she was in a blackout, then I completely understand how she forgot about her infant. Still, I am interested in what the autopsy report will show.

How she forgot about her infant but remembers all those other details? Finishing the glass of wine, bringing in the diaper bag and where she set it, the pain in her knee at just the moment before she sat down then blacked out. She says her boys ate dinner, it doesn't say but I wonder if she brought fast food home for them or fixed a meal....

No. I'm not saying she didn't black out, I'm just saying it didn't happen in this order. Something isn't right.

How she forgot about her infant but remembers all those other details? Finishing the glass of wine, bringing in the diaper bag and where she set it, the pain in her knee at just the moment before she sat down then blacked out. She says her boys ate dinner, it doesn't say but I wonder if she brought fast food home for them or fixed a meal....

No. I'm not saying she didn't black out, I'm just saying it didn't happen in this order. Something isn't right.

I definitely agree that her story is garbled - this could also be a result of a blackout and it could also be a result of her trying to recall her actions in a more favorable light or it could be both. I don't know that she DID blackout, but it would explain some of the oddness of this case, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back