GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I first came on this site, I had a real problem with the boyfriend and the 4 DAYS of not checking on her. I think a lot of others did, too. But that was before I knew about the damaged car, bruises, late to work, cleaning the car, being exposed as a thief (that's so low to me!), etc. As JMOM said, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...plus everything he said was so selfish..and I'm still mad that he wasn't a gentleman enough to see her to her car in the first damn place! That was very telling as to what kind of guy he is.

:goodpost:

You said it all!

Plus---he was the last person seen with her!!!

I don't think he forced her into his car (or did he?). I'm just wondering why she would accept a ride if she had her car keys - and I think it was said that she texted HF to leave the door open. Yes, somebody does know. I think our public service announcements these days should include warnings to women about being aware of their surroundings, having their keys and mace ready. Of course, if you think you're walking with a "friend of a friend", that wouldn't help anyone. *sigh* I was glad to see the NFL at least start to speak out on domestic violence and - but that's a another subject for another day.

I don't think he forced her into his car (or did he?). I'm just wondering why she would accept a ride if she had her car keys - and I think it was said that she texted HF to leave the door open. Yes, somebody does know. I think our public service announcements these days should include warnings to women about being aware of their surroundings, having their keys and mace ready. Of course, if you think you're walking with a "friend of a friend", that wouldn't help anyone. *sigh* I was glad to see the NFL at least start to speak out on domestic violence and - but that's a another subject for another day.

I'm still up in the air if she had her keys or not..(house?/car?) the scenario of him (EA) taking her to Allen (parents house) to get the keys makes some sense. That could have been a decision after she sent a text to HF to leave the door unlocked. Maybe at first EA was going to take her all the way to Ft Worth, but the plans changed...

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but regarding the interview with EA's coworker, who stated that EA had three phones, all with the same number, and he'd switch them out: What would be the point of this? Someone enlighten me. :)

I could see having a 'secret' or trac phone for conducting unsavory business or cheating on someone, but if these were all the same number, probably Sprint as the carrier, what would be the reason? Just to have different phones for fun? Like the latest and greatest iphone, and galaxy, and whatever else? Or maybe as a Sprint store employee one is encouraged to buy more, so that you're familiar with the product?

How would someone become sluethable? I've tried looking for the answer and its really tough from my Ipad. Just curious as to if/when we can sleuth those at the party/ex etc....what would the parameters be MOD? Thank you!

Primarily they become sleuthable if they are named a POI or suspect or are arrested. If they are named in MSM or warrants, they can be discussed in the context they were mentioned only. Occasionally other circumstances arise and sleuthability of someone is allowed as an exception but so far in this case that hasn't happened.

Maybe an excellent opportunity for Christina's 'friends' from that night to testify!

The method used by the legal system to picket witnesses! No way to know how many are sweating now.

do you have information/link stating evidence dictated a search warrant being filed? or is this your opinion?

I think the warrant pretty well dictates the evidence. As a VI you can accept it or trash it, but looking so far I am batting 1000

I remember when I first came on this site, I had a real problem with the boyfriend and the 4 DAYS of not checking on her. I think a lot of others did, too. But that was before I knew about the damaged car, bruises, late to work, cleaning the car, being exposed as a thief (that's so low to me!), etc. As JMOM said, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...plus everything he said was so selfish..and I'm still mad that he wasn't a gentleman enough to see her to her car in the first damn place! That was very telling as to what kind of guy he is.

Great point, just to add I don't think there is anyone out there who had crosshairs on hf more than myself when she first went missing. IMO after looking at everything, he is cleared above and beyond in her disappearance.

I wonder if her "friends" would testify willingly or if they would have to be subpoenaed? Just seems to me that those "friends" aren't very interested in doing anything to help or at the very least, to make things a little easier. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that this grand jury hearing will start shaking lose some important info that will lead to Christina. MOO

It's not clear if the purpose of the Grand Jury is to get to the bottom of details about the case, or to specifically find out if there's enough to arrest EA. Oh, here's an easy to understand explanation.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html

The link provides a clear explanation of the purpose a Grand Jury serves, the differences of a Preliminary Hearing and explains the structure of both.

A Grand Jury ~

"It encourages witnesses to speak freely and without fear of retaliation."

"It protects the potential defendant's reputation in case the jury does not decide to indict."

Leaving a puddle of sweat!

After reading how a Grand Jury provides witnesses protection (everything said there stays private), causes me to wonder if there is a bigger picture at play. Would the witnesses fear EA alone?

Because the topic is so controversial, I didn't want to post the link here, but I thought I would comment because some were asking about what a grand jury means. As I am sure many of you know, a grand jury has been hearing evidence in another state right now. This was what happened and it was all over the news. If you go to ABC News, they have a Q and A on what is going on for that grand jury. While the topic may be different, it will provide much insight to how a grand jury is handled.

It's not clear if the purpose of the Grand Jury is to get to the bottom of details about the case, or to specifically find out if there's enough to arrest EA. Oh, here's an easy to understand explanation.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html

The link provides a clear explanation of the purpose a Grand Jury serves, the differences of a Preliminary Hearing and explains the structure of both.

A Grand Jury ~

"It encourages witnesses to speak freely and without fear of retaliation."

"It protects the potential defendant's reputation in case the jury does not decide to indict."

Thanks for the info WBG!

Jmo, EA seems to have made every mistake possible in the aftermath of a crime...it is almost unbelievable. Except for the location of Christina, sounds like he made LE's job very easy as far as identifying their suspect. I mean, it is almost textbook, everything LE always asks the public to look out for, from the cleaning of a vehicle to strange behavior, injuries and missing work. And now it appears they have him on video examining his car that very night/morning.

As far as the others who may be called to the GJ, maybe that is the best way for them; they will be obligated to answer questions, rather than "rat out" an acquaintance/friend and may realize that telling the truth is the best way to keep from being charged down the line.

The thing now is to get an indictment and hope he will confess, but I have doubts about that, at least to it happening anytime soon, unless he is charged with murder as well as abduction. Otherwise, he may not feel the need to cooperate unless Christina is somehow found without his help. His demeanor during his appearances/interviews tends to make me doubt he will confess at all, especially if his car does not show signs of violence. I am kind of surprised LE has not been able to find something to hold him on, in the meantime, unless they have wired his car for tracking. But even if they did attach a GPS device, he could always flee in some other vehicle. I don't think any LE can afford to keep watch on a potential suspect round the clock. I don't think a defense attorney will encourage a confession when there is no proof she is deceased. EA will likely tell him, Imo, that yes, he gave her a ride and she got out somewhere or other, if they can place her in his car. Lawyers only want to talk about what LE can prove...not help solve the case.

Jmo

Do we know if LE tried to speak with the party goers and they complied?

Also, has anyone else (in addition to the two other drivers of the vehicles leaving the garage that night/morning, IIRC) been officially cleared? Being cleared imo is different from being "not a POI" and "not a suspect." Iow, one can be "not a poi" and "not a suspect," but also be not cleared. [/bad syntax]
TIA

Maybe he wasn't that wasted... Enough Adderrall might take over the booze. Maybe he didn't drink as much as he claimed... would be a good reason (or excuse) for his "failing" memory about everything he was asked about, hence the lies... I would imagine the "friends" at the party know...

I don't know what the Adderall does for someone drinking to excess. But this guy's story has flip-flopped so much, he could have done that and then again he may not have. I tend to agree it could provide a defense as to why he can't seem remember as opposed to lying. I'm inclined to believe he drank some, but not that much. I'm inclined to believe Christina got in the car willingly with him, so he wasn't that highly intoxicated. Otherwise, she would have driven herself.

Do we know if LE tried to speak with the party goers and they refused? or complied?

Also, has anyone else (in addition to the two other drivers of the vehicles leaving the garage that night/morning, IIRC) been officially cleared? Being cleared imo is different from being "not a POI" and "not a suspect." Iow, one can be "not a poi" and "not a suspect," but also be not cleared. [/bad syntax]
TIA

I believe the VI's on here have indicated (as much as they are allowed to do so) that the other party members have either been questioned by LE and then got lawyers or just tried to put as much distance as they could from Christina. I only remember LE stating that they have no POI or suspect, but neither have they cleared anyone. But legally, they have no evidence of a crime, so they technically can't have a POI or suspect. Or at least from what LE has released to the public so far. If they are convening a grand jury, it is likely they have additional evidence that has not been released.

I do find it a coincidence that EA's car was taken by LE on 26 September and we are told (don't remember where it was stated) that it could take about 8 weeks to get the results back and now - at about the 8 week mark - we are hearing about a grand jury. But if I were a guilty party, I would not be believe that was a coincidence.

I believe the VI's on here have indicated (as much as they are allowed to do so) that the other party members have either been questioned by LE and then got lawyers or just tried to put as much distance as they could from Christina. I only remember LE stating that they have no POI or suspect, but neither have they cleared anyone. But legally, they have no evidence of a crime, so they technically can't have a POI or suspect. Or at least from what LE has released to the public so far. If they are convening a grand jury, it is likely they have additional evidence that has not been released.

I do find it a coincidence that EA's car was taken by LE on 26 September and we are told (don't remember where it was stated) that it could take about 8 weeks to get the results back and now - at about the 8 week mark - we are hearing about a grand jury. But if I were a guilty party, I would not be believe that was a coincidence.

True!
EA knows what they might find!
He was there!
Now what does he do?

He waits to see what LE has!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors