GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I am seeing a pattern with what happens with people who OD on these drugs - their friends panic and they don't take them to the ER.

Happens waaaay more frequently than I would have ever believed.

Oh, but I have been very pointedly informed many times on this thread that the DNA evidence in his trunk is CM's blood. If it is semen, I would very much appreciate someone or something clarifying that tidbit.

JMO

bodily fluid such as blood OR saliva;

“Due to the amount of Christina Morris DNA found to be present in the interior trunk area of Arochi’s vehicle, affiant believes this DNA was from Christina Morris bodily fluids such as blood or saliva.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/12/19/...tina-morris-kidnapper-as-sexually-frustrated/

:cow:

I said:

Because she had to drive home. Adderall is like several cups of coffee. For me, with my ADD, coffee, initially does not make me jittery. It focuses me. Adderall had much the same effect, only it made me a bit too wired to go easily asleep. I heard that the drug maker makes in hard to get regular Adderall. They want everyone on the more expensive AdderallXR. Taking an Adderall would have made sure that Christina would not get sleepy on the drive home.

Your Molly theory is interesting. The drugs do look a great deal alike. Someone way upthread posted a link with photos.

Kids (and grownups) get around that by crushing and snorting or chewing them before swallowing.

JMO

BBM

Get around what? I am not sure what it is in my post that your words are referencing.

I doubt that is the only thing behind LE believing there was a sexual motive. We don't know what kind of DNA was found, or what else they have recovered from his vehicle, computer, phones, etc...jmo

LE believes it may be a sexual motive, but it doesn't have to be that for a conviction.

"Enrique was indicted March 10. The indictment said he abducted Christina with the intent of inflicting bodily injury, abducting, violate or sexually abusing, terrorizing her, and holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found."

http://cw33.com/2015/03/11/enrique-arochi-indicted-on-aggravated-kidnapping-charge/

"In Texas, the defendant can be convicted of the higher crime of aggravated kidnapping if he or she has committed a kidnapping and had the intent to do one of the following: Hold the victim for a ransom or reward; Use the victim as a shield or hostage; Aid in the commission of a felony or an escape after committing the felony; Inflict bodily injury on the victim or sexually violate or abuse the victim; Terrorize the victim or another person; Interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function; Uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the crime."

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-kidnapping-laws.html

I said:

BBM

Get around what? I am not sure what it is in my post that your words are referencing.

To get around the various time-release coatings on granules of the active ingredient in Adderall XR.

LE believes it may be a sexual motive, but it doesn't have to be that for a conviction.

"Enrique was indicted March 10. The indictment said he abducted Christina with the intent of inflicting bodily injury, abducting, violate or sexually abusing, terrorizing her, and holding her in a place where she was not likely to be found."

http://cw33.com/2015/03/11/enrique-arochi-indicted-on-aggravated-kidnapping-charge/

"In Texas, the defendant can be convicted of the higher crime of aggravated kidnapping if he or she has committed a kidnapping and had the intent to do one of the following: Hold the victim for a ransom or reward; Use the victim as a shield or hostage; Aid in the commission of a felony or an escape after committing the felony; Inflict bodily injury on the victim or sexually violate or abuse the victim; Terrorize the victim or another person; Interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function; Uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the crime."

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-kidnapping-laws.html

The detective who testified at the (not sure if it was a GJ or preliminary hearing or what) said she believed he kidnapped CM with the intent to sexually assault her.

To get around the various time-release coatings on granules of the active ingredient in Adderall XR.

Oh well. That was not quite what I was talking about. I was merely explaining the effects of Adderall on helping people stay awake for a long drive. In a circumstance like that the XR version would be helpful.

It is, from what I've read. It is AKA Flakka (sp?) I saw an article about it somewhere. Just yet another variation of bath salts/synthetics, IIRC. (Molly, IIRC, is usually amphetamine + hallucinogen, or whatever the seller wants to stick in those grosses of empty capsules. I've heard it called $5 insanity of something similar.

Flakka/Gravel
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/flakka-floridas-dangerous-new-drug-trend/

What's in that hit of Molly?
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...-other-terrible-stuff-playboy-reports-6543246

"They also note Miami's molly seems particularly impure. According to the DEA, the molly that Miami officers seized in 2013 contained "43 different substances, 19 of them so obscure even government chemists couldn't identify them."

So remember when cigarette companies renamed their products to use colors instead of adjectives like "light"? It's kind of like that. Or, possibly, molly was invented by the hip-hop illuminati to sell Miley Cyrus records. Either way, the moral of the story is to probably err on the side of caution and buy an over-the-counter testing kit. Kind of expensive, but so are tickets to Ultra, you know?"

Geez Louise! Lock the doors and hide the kids!

Regarding flakka:

"We're starting to see a rash of cases of a syndrome referred to as excited delirium. This is where the body goes into hypothermia, generally a temperature of 105 degrees. The individual becomes psychotic, they often rip off their clothes and run out into the street violently and have an adrenaline-like strength and police are called and it takes four or five officers to restrain them. Then once they are restrained, if they don't receive immediate medical attention they can die."

Thanks for the articles! It's a scary world out there. There was some discussion back in the beginning when we were discussing the still pics of EA and CM walking into the garage. It looked like EA could have been holding something in his hand. Somebody mentioned an e-cigarette. Now that makes me wonder about vaping some synthetic chemical...

The detective who testified at the (not sure if it was a GJ or preliminary hearing or what) said she believed he kidnapped CM with the intent to sexually assault her.

Correct (and that is what I believe, as well), but the indictment covered a few different scenarios & only one needs to be proved.

Earlier, on a previous thread, I had transcribed the actual affidavit wording since it can't be cut and pasted on the links I have ; see "on the swab"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gust-2014-36-*Arrest*&p=11535502#post11535502

Blood or saliva. I'm seeing nothing in regards to semen, although lack of semen doesn't mean no assault. The detective believed EA took CM to his house in his trunk. I believe since they took quite a bit of evidence there, the detective believes the assault took place at the home. BUT, maybe he took her to his home because she was OD'ing.

Blood or saliva. I'm seeing nothing in regards to semen, although lack of semen doesn't mean no assault. The detective believed EA took CM to his house in his trunk. I believe since they took quite a bit of evidence there, the detective believes the assault took place at the home. BUT, maybe he took her to his home because she was OD'ing.

BBM
Hmmm... I still have a hard time with this. So, EA is going to stand firm, with an AK charge (and possible murder), when he could have just told the truth (maybe even a half-truth, which he is good at), for probably a much lesser charge, if any. Instead, he puts her in his trunk, hides her, & shows up to work battered & bruised... respectfully, I don't get it... (jmo)

Oh, but I have been very pointedly informed many times on this thread that the DNA evidence in his trunk is CM's blood. If it is semen, I would very much appreciate someone or something clarifying that tidbit.

JMO

i recall during the hearing that LE (who was on stand said there was no indication of sexual assualt.)

I did not follow Katelyn Markham's case but have been reading a bit tonight.

Her bones were found and there's no way they can determine COD.

This worries me of Christina. If/when they find her, there's a chance her remains will be unable to give COD unless there's some blunt force trauma or bullet holes. Makes me sad but also makes me understand why PPD are going ahead with the AK charge.

What if they call the other "friends" of CM? Will they invoke their 5th amendment privilege to avoid answering questions regarding CM's drug use and/or their own?

Can they even have a trial without any of them testifying? The alleged longing for sex with the one chick in the apartment is the lynchpin of their sex assault theory, is it not?

JMO

Just working through the evidence-related issues for you ...
1 Yes, either side can certainly call CM's friends as witnesses to what they know.
2 Those friends can testify to what they know, but can't speculate about things they don't know.
3 Also, there is a further limit, on what things they can testify to knowing, and that would be the issue of relevance.
4 So yes, they would be able to offer direct eyewitness testimony of EA's behavior, as that would most likely be relevant to intent issues.
5 As to being able to ask them if CM ever used drugs, probably not relevant (it's not a drug possession case, it's an abduction case), so no.
6 As to if she used them that night, more likely allowable than not, if they saw it happen.
7 As to if she might have used them later and ODed, nope.
8 Yes, if there are self-incrimination issues, those witnesses could refuse to answer questions that would cause self-incrimination. (But that wouldn't matter, since those questions/answers wouldn't be pertinent to this case anyhow.)

bodily fluid such as blood OR saliva;

“Due to the amount of Christina Morris DNA found to be present in the interior trunk area of Arochi’s vehicle, affiant believes this DNA was from Christina Morris bodily fluids such as blood or saliva.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/12/19/...tina-morris-kidnapper-as-sexually-frustrated/

Well, that just beats everything. You wouldn't believe the wringer I was put through for daring to suggest that perhaps the DNA was from CM OD'ing and vomiting on EA's shirt and then he threw the shirt in the trunk of his car. (I think I did a pretty good job though: esophogeal erosions from purging & vomiting bulimia, which I still believe she likely suffered from, unless she was much heavier into uppers than has been revealed. A certain migraine medication can be used off-label for the treatment of bulimia.)

Thank you.

JMO

Just working through the evidence-related issues for you ...
1 Yes, either side can certainly call CM's friends as witnesses to what they know.
2 Those friends can testify to what they know, but can't speculate about things they don't know.
3 Also, there is a further limit, on what things they can testify to knowing, and that would be the issue of relevance.
4 So yes, they would be able to offer direct eyewitness testimony of EA's behavior, as that would most likely be relevant to intent issues.
5 As to being able to ask them if CM ever used drugs, probably not relevant (it's not a drug possession case, it's an abduction case), so no.
6 As to if she used them that night, more likely allowable than not, if they saw it happen.
7 As to if she might have used them later and ODed, nope.
8 Yes, if there are self-incrimination issues, those witnesses could refuse to answer questions that would cause self-incrimination. (But that wouldn't matter, since those questions/answers wouldn't be pertinent to this case anyhow.)

I'm going to respectfully disagree with your legal analysis here. Without opposing counsel or a judge to push back on your expert opinions here, I don't think it wise for anyone to accept that every opinion or answer you give is the only answer or even the correct one.

I'm sure that even you will admit that you rarely ever had judges overrule every objection to your line of questioning or argument, correct? It probably happened at least once the last time you appeared of counsel at trial, if I were a betting woman. I'm equally certain you lost your fair share of cases in the courtroom. If you hold the distinction of never losing at trial, then Hear-hear! I salute you!

But I do like your spunk!

JMO

I'm going to respectfully disagree with your legal analysis here. Without opposing counsel or a judge to push back on your expert opinions here, I don't think it wise for anyone to accept that every opinion or answer you give is the only answer or even the correct one.

You should be aware that there are issues that always get decided the same way every time, because they run into legal principle that isn't hazy. And that's why I provided that list for you, to help show which friend-related-witness issues are essentially black-and-white (plus a couple that are not).

For example, the point that the friends wouldn't be able to offer speculative testimony as to whether CM OD'ed or not, is simply a fact. Why? Because they can't testify as to something they don't know, and they wouldn't be qualified to render an opinion since they aren't an "expert" witness. No judge would ever rule otherwise.

The friends could, of course, be asked if, to their knowledge, CM OD'ed that night. But they wouldn't be allowed to guess. Either they know or they don't.

The items that weren't a given, I used the words "probably" and "most likely" and then offered an answer that was meant to offer EA the broadest benefit of the doubt, in how a judge might rule.

(Frankly, if I was offering the narrow view of such testimony, I would have opined that none of the drug stuff will be deemed allowable as to relevance, based on what we know to this point as to evidence and testimony coming. They have no one, and no evidence, to make the claim CM used any drugs after she left the apartment. The narrow view is that any evidence of prior-to-3:55 drug use would be proper only to support already-introduced evidence directly linking drugs to her abduction, otherwise it lends no evidential value to what actually happened after 3:55.)

I think if you'll re-review the information I provided you, with that knowledge, you should find it helpful after all. :smile:

Oh, and by the way, if you have a question about something in particular I outlined, that you'd like more elaboration on why, feel free to ask. :smile:

Well, that just beats everything. You wouldn't believe the wringer I was put through for daring to suggest that perhaps the DNA was from CM OD'ing and vomiting on EA's shirt and then he threw the shirt in the trunk of his car. (I think I did a pretty good job though: esophogeal erosions from purging & vomiting bulimia, which I still believe she likely suffered from, unless she was much heavier into uppers than has been revealed. A certain migraine medication can be used off-label for the treatment of bulimia.)

Thank you.

JMO

According to the warrant: "...he does not believe the DNA source to have merely been touch DNA, but more likely that the DNA source was a bodily fluid such as blood or saliva." Vomit is an excreted type of DNA, whereas blood/saliva is a secreted type. The experts can tell the difference, which is why they state "blood or saliva".
Respectfully, just because CM was a petite, "skinny" individual doesn't mean she had bulimia.. Looking at pictures of her, growing up, she always appeared very tiny... jmo & imo

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/bodily-fluids-in-forensic-science.html

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1384021-morris-docs-121914.html#document/p4

Meh, whatever. I'll wait for some real facts before I accuse anyone of being a murderer. Just the way I roll.

Haven't seen a photo of the dad but IMO, that teeny tiny frame doesn't appear to run in the family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member