TX TX - Christopher Sanders, 40, Monahans, 13 Aug 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by QueenBea13, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SavetheQueen

SavetheQueen Overachiever

Really good thoughts!! That never occurred to me. I live in Midland, and work in the industry, also. (Small world!) That’s why I was drawn to this one. We have tons of people disappear from out here all the time, but most show back up, or are found safe. This one is definitely odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. gowestyoungman

gowestyoungman New Member

3. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

I knew you were *somewhere* in West Texas. I'm out here observing O&G drilling within City of Midland's T-Bar Ranch water rights area/ public drinking water supply. City wants us there, eyes and ears. There have been brine plume issues from very old leaky SWDs. Waiting for next casing TD so I have today off also.

I'm going to go drive that mapped route today. Last contact was 45 minutes walk from RV park.

4. SavetheQueen

SavetheQueen Overachiever

Eek! Time to call TRRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I have to agree with you that this is a strong possibility. I would get tracker/cadaver dogs out there.

6. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

After driving up and down and up and down I-20 and the feeders (where they exist), I agree. I think this would be a great case for TES. Dogs and four wheelers for sand would be ideal.

There is so much trash along the side of the road it is difficult. Also lots of debris that falls off of trucks. I had to swerve to avoid hitting a shovel laying in the middle of I-20!! That's a bad stretch of road through there for flat tires. I had one the other day and I saw two people with flats while I was out tracing Christopher's walk.

Most of the right of way has fencing within maybe 50 ft of the highway but the closer you get to the state park the fence moves back quite a bit and it gets much sandier along the highway. So if you assumed he stayed between the fence and the interstate it seems like a searchable area I think it's like 4 miles between Monahans and the park.

I wonder if Tim could come search while it's still spring.

It was August when he disappeared and even at 9:30 in the morning if he was wearing boots and jeans a black shirt and a black hat he would not make it very far before getting pretty hot and needing water. It's tough to walk in sand also which might have kept him near the road? Dunno

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  7. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

Sorry, didn't mean to alarm you. The RRC has been involved for many years even before the water well field was installed. No worries for you. COM is being diligent and want to ensure groundwater stays protected for the future. Kudos to Midland! [emoji106]

8. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

9. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

10. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

On August 12, 2017, Chris Sanders was at a cookout with his friends at the Monahans County, Texas trailer part where he lived. His wife, who spoke with him on the phone that night, said he sounded tired and stressed out. The next morning, Chris went on a walk around 9:30 a.m. But he never returned home. Since he left on foot, his camper and his car were still at the trailer park. His phone was turned off shortly after he disappeared, and nobody has seen or spoken with him since.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

11. Backabeyond

Backabeyond Member

Do you still have a working link to this video? Can’t get it to work. Or direct me to the channel? Thanks.

12. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

? Has this been checked?

Attached Files:

j_in_c likes this.
  13. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

I found a website that I assume is what you’re talking about. Just a heads up, Astrology is not allowed on WS so please run your ideas by a moderator prior to posting. Otherwise the thread may get shut down.

sillybilly, j_in_c and Midge Montana like this.
  14. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

15. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

On August 12, 2017, Chris Sanders was at a cookout with his friends at the Monahans County, Texas trailer part where he lived. His wife, who spoke with him on the phone that night, said he sounded tired and stressed out. The next morning, Chris went on a walk around 9:30 a.m. But he never returned home. Since he left on foot, his camper and his car were still at the trailer park. His phone was turned off shortly after he disappeared, and nobody has seen or spoken with him since.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

[​IMG]

Midge Montana likes this.
  16. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

LIONSden24 and j_in_c like this.