TX - Church Shooting, 3 dead including gunman, White Settlement, 29 Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Tricia, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, interesting thought!!

cody22, Tbone144 and mcluver23 like this.

2. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

3. Jewels53

Jewels53 Oregon Coast Lighthouse

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — On Sunday, a man shot and killed two people during a church service in White Settlement, Texas, before a member of the church’s security team shot and killed the suspect, officials say.

Police Chief J.P. Bevering said the shooter entered West Freeway Church of Christ and sat down in the sanctuary, then stood, pulled out a shotgun and shot two parishioners at the start of communion.

One of those victims was 64-year-old Anton “Tony” Wallace, the brother of former FOX4 sports anchor Al Wallace.

One of two killed in Texas church shooting ID’d as brother of former FOX4 sports anchor Al Wallace

dixiegirl1035, Tripod, human and 5 others like this.
  4. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

5. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

6. Tbone144

Midlothian isn’t very close you Ft Worth. We drove through Midlothian to get to Ft Worth on 287. The article I linked above says he was arrested in NJ in 2016 but it doesn’t say when in 2016. He seemed to have lived on the streets so unless the same gun was used it may be had to determine.

7. Lillymac

30 minutes to Ft. Worth and 39 minutes to White Settlement.

Cortne and Tbone144 like this.
  8. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

I have a pretty hard time believing God would call anything or anyone "righteous" in this unholy mess.

Cortne and Reasonable & Just like this.
  9. Tbone144

I totally messed that up thanks to autocorrect and fat thumbs. It was supposed to say “ is very close”. Sorry for the confusion, it’s too late for me to edit it.

Cortne and dixiegirl1035 like this.
  10. Tbone144

Replying to myself. That’s supposed to say “Midlothian IS very close”. We used to live in Waxahachie.

Cortne, dixiegirl1035 and mcluver23 like this.
  11. Lillymac

Gotcha!! I'm putting my finger on Keto. Lol:D

Cortne, mcluver23 and Tbone144 like this.
  12. Reasonable & Just

Reasonable & Just United We Stand

Thank goodness there were well-trained and observant people there so that more blood wasn't shed.
    I guess we'll have to wait to hear this shooter's motives. Starts to get monotonous.

13. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

14. dixiegirl1035

‘Battling a Demon’: Drifter Sought Help Before Texas Church Shooting

Given West Freeway Church of Christ’s location, on a busy thoroughfare just off a major highway, vagabonds and homeless people regularly found their way inside. Sometimes, they sought spiritual help. But more often, they came asking for food, which the church would provide, and money, which it typically would not.

Keith Kinnunen was one of those supplicants. The 43-year-old drifter found his way into the building recently, church leaders said, looking for help.

“He had on several occasions been given food, but he was upset that they would never give him any money,” said Jack Wilson, a parishioner who led a volunteer security team the church had set up when it moved into its new location a little less than three years ago.

Though he had been to the church before, Mr. Kinnunen aroused suspicion among members of the security team on Sunday when he walked in wearing a trench coat and what looked like a fake beard. He tailed a family as they entered the church, which immediately brought attention his way.

Mr. Kinnunen asked where the restroom was and then returned a few minutes later, Mr. Wilson said. “We were concerned,” he said. One of the church’s security cameras was soon trained directly on him, and Mr. White, who was part of the security team, also stationed himself behind him. Mr. Wilson stood near a back wall several feet away.

“I could see his right hand at all times.” Mr. Wilson said. “I was concerned because I could not see his left hand.”

15. dixiegirl1035

Man who ‘took out’ Texas church shooter receives Governor's Medal of Courage in Austin

AUSTIN, Texas — The man who "took out" an active shooter at a North Texas church received the Medal of Courage from Gov. Greg Abbott Monday. "Jack, I know you have been reluctant to accept the label of being called a hero, but that is exactly who you are. You are a hero to everybody in the church that day, you are a hero to the people of Texas. You put your life on the line to ensure that others would live. That is the hallmark of heroism and of courage. It is my honor to present to you the Governors Medal of Courage,” Abbott told Wilson at the ceremony."

The medal is given to those who "display great acts of heroism by risking their own safety to save another's life," Abbott said.