TX - Clark Gable III, 30, found unresponsive in his bed, died in hospital, Dallas, 22 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by cybervampira, Feb 22, 2019.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Clark Gable's grandson, 30, found dead at family home in Texas | Daily Mail Online

Clark Gable's grandson has died at the age of 30.

Clark Gable III was found unresponsive in his bed at his family home in Texas by his fiancée on Friday morning.

The cause of his sudden death is unclear and he had no known prior health conditions.

He was the only grandson of the famed actor who was fondly known as 'The King of Hollywood' and starred in classics like Gone with the Wind, Mogambo, and Call of the Wild.

Gable's mother Tracy Yarro Scheff shared the heartbreaking news on Instagram Friday, writing: 'It is with an extremely heavy heart we say goodbye to my beautiful son Clark. He passed this morning. I will always be next to you my beautiful son. Mom.'

He is survived by his parents John Clark Gable and Tracy Yarro Scheff, fiancée Summer, sister Kayley and his 17-month-old daughter Shore.
    [​IMG] upload_2019-2-23_1-11-28.jpeg upload_2019-2-23_1-11-50.jpeg upload_2019-2-23_1-12-4.jpeg upload_2019-2-23_1-18-8.jpeg

Clark Gable III Dies: TV Host, Clark Gable Grandson Was 30

Clark Gable’s Grandson, Who Hosted ‘Cheaters,’ Found Dead at 30

2. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

So young.
    Prayers to the family.

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Wow, some of his photos really show a strong resemblance to his grandpa!
    His daughter is adorable.

4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

Such a good looking young man and only 30 years old. I remember seeing him on Cheaters, my dad and I used to watch it, prayers to his family.

5. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

This makes me so sad. I absolutely adored his grandfather, even though I was 6 or 7 when he died. One of my few actor "crushes." Clark James was definitely too young. Prayers for his fiancee, baby girl and family.

7. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

So sad. To this day I still carry a crush for Rhett.
    Prayers for his dear family.

8. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Yes, especially the one with the baby! Maybe she will inherit those eyes. (Not trying to be disrespectful to Baby's mama, as I'm sure this would gladden her heart too!) . RIP

Sincerely and watcher9 like this.
  9. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Wow, this is terrible. I've seen him many times on Cheaters
    but I recall he wasn't always on, sort of irregular appearances.
    Is this going to be a drug overdose?
    And yes, he was very handsome on TV.

10. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

I thought the same.

Very sad...Another baby growing up without their father.

11. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Hollywood legend Clark Gable's son REFUSES to pay for his estranged son's funeral | Daily Mail Online

The son of Hollywood legend Clark Gable has refused to pay for his own son's funeral or let him be buried in the Gable family plot, according to shocking text messages posted online.
    upload_2019-3-1_4-1-49.jpeg

Clark Gable III, the movie star's 30-year-old grandson, was found dead in his bed by his fiancee last Friday.

His sister, Kayley Gable, 32, said she called her estranged father, John Clark Gable, 57, to tell him about the tragic news.

upload_2019-3-1_4-2-8.jpeg upload_2019-3-1_4-2-46.jpeg

But she claimed he 'hung up' on her and sent a vitriolic text message, which she posted on Facebook.

'I'm sorry for your loss. This is what I want. Cremate him he's not going in my family's plot and I'm not paying for anything,' John wrote in a text.

The family's plot is located at Forrest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, where Clark Gable is buried.

'All of you use my Fathers name in disgrace and you don't want me to go to the media believe me. Leave me and my Father out of this drug mess. There are no services on my end. Kayley is to never call me. Sorry for your loss I'm done it's just that simple. Respect my wishes.'

In her Facebook post, Kayley shot back at her father claiming that he 'tortured us', 'got us high' and 'did drugs in front of us as kids'.

[...]

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Ugh- this is so sad :(

13. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oh dear, it appears there is so much family dysfunction in this sad story.
    To be fair we don’t know the family history of the later generation Gables.
    It’s sad that it is going to play out in front of the public eye as infotainment now that media is telling some of the story.
    Seems like another example of fame not equaling happiness.
    May they all find some measure of peace and comfort in their pain and loss.

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Well said, CocoC. No matter how estranged Clark Gable's son is from his own daughter now, I truly do hope the two of them can make peace one day soon.