TX - CPS: 11-Year-Old Impregnated by Family Member

I swear I use this too often, but there are some people who shouldn't be parents.

There are some people who shouldn't even breath the same air we breath! This would be two of them...the rapist and the mother.

I'm confused. I read the article and don't see where it says the mother knew it was going on. I only see where the girl told a caregiver that she and her stepfather had sex 2-3 times/week, but it doesn't say when she told the caregiver. Am I missing an article somewhere?

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100128-preteen-mom-abused-family-member

"The probable cause document also says the 11-year-old told a relative her stepfather started having sex with her when she was six years old. It stopped in September of last year after cps removed her from her home. She told the relative she and her stepfather had sex "sometimes two or three times a week."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7244771

"The girl and her baby are both in the custody and care of Childrens Protective Services, living with other relatives."

and

"The child's caregiver says the victim told her (the suspect) has been having sex with her since she was six years old until September 2009 when she was removed by CPS."

Newcomer--Unless, I'm missing something, I think you are correct. Good catch. In reading between the lines, I think the girl disclosed this information to her new "relative caregiver" about the rape. Often times, foster parents or relative foster resources will be asked by CPS to listen carefully to disclosures made as children feel more comfortable and safe. Once they disclose, the child is then professionally interviewed at a Children's Advocacy Center and often video-taped so the evidence can be presented at court.

Also, in reading these articles more carefully, it seems that this little girl carried TO TERM. That's remarkable due to her young age. Notice that she was found to be 6 months pregnant in Sept. and gave birth in December by C-section. Poor little girl. I so hope this home proves to be supportive and loving and SAFE for her.

OK--The Mom did know. It's just not clear in some of the articles. I'm just not sure we all read this:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6842075.html

"Carter said the mother of the abused girl did not shield her daughter from the abuse, but she declined to elaborate.

“What I will tell you is, the child's mother was not protective, and that's why we went to court to take custody,” Carter said.

According to the probable cause affidavit filed with the charges, the 11-year-old told a relative that her stepfather had been having frequent sex with her since she was 6.

Dandeneau would not comment on whether the child's mother would face charges, saying any other charges would be decided by the district attorney's office."

Nice of them to wait till she had a child to finally save her from further abuse.I am sure this family was under their eye but yet it took having a baby at 11 to finally remove her and her siblings.What is wrong with this country ! They will remove an abused animal quicker then they do an abused child.
AMEN !!! i never see any commericals about abused children but they air over and over about pets .. i love my pets but my children are my priority and that should be the way it is with all children

The probable cause document also says the 11-year-old told a relative her stepfather started having sex with her when she was six years old. It stopped in September of last year after cps removed her from her home. She told the relative she and her stepfather had sex "sometimes two or three times a week."

I hope she'll eventually understand that they were not having sex, the stepfather was raping and abusing her.

Donjeta--I'm so pleased you caught that. I'm hoping the therapists will lead this young girl to understand that she did nothing by choice, that this is not what sex is all about, and that her honor and virginity are still hers to give if she chooses someday.

I truly believe that purity is restored when it is first stolen. Just like Jaycee, she's pure as the day she was born. Survivors get that gift, in my mind.

if the 'mother' knew this was going on, for 5 freaking years, how can she possibly not face charges?

i am bumping up this thread because i believe this is the same as the one that was posted tonight.
too many coincidences.

i am bumping up this thread because i believe this is the same as the one that was posted tonight.
too many coincidences.
Different state -Different case!!!!!!!!!!!:(

if the 'mother' knew this was going on, for 5 freaking years, how can she possibly not face charges?

If 'mother' knew about this for 5 years, I would hope they can charge her with many things?

lll say again that it's pretty sad that these are two seperate cases ;(
the mother in both cases should fry........

Very sad :(

I have no words at the moment.

Salem

Woman Sought after Young Daughter Gives Birth

Updated: Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 9:44 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 4:56 PM CDT
ALEXANDER SUPGUL

ALVIN, Texas - It was a horrifying case. In early 2010, FOX 26 first learned about a Brazoria County man accused of raping his 11-year-old stepdaughter and impregnating her. New evidence has developed that has led to a grand jury indictment of the girl's own mother on the same charge -- aggravated sexual assault of a child.

A warrant has been issued for the mother's arrest, and investigators need help finding her.

Mirella Garcia Caple, 36, and her husband Stephen Caple, 28, lived in Alvin with the woman's children. In 2009, investigators uncovered what they call years of sexual abuse against one of Garcia Caple's daughters.

"Any situation where a child is hurt is horrible. Children trust their parents. They trust their stepparents," said Gwen Carter, spokeswoman for Child Protective Services.
From the start, CPS caseworkers were suspicious of the mother's behavior.

"Anytime we're concerned a parent may know something or may have allowed abuse or neglect, there's a great concern," said Carter.

Investigators are now concerned with finding Garcia Caple. While her address is in Alvin, she is known to have family in the Port Lavaca area. She is also known by the following names: Mimi, Mirella Caple, Mirella Garcia, Mirella Kim.

Investigators say Caple may be driving a burgundy Toyota Corolla. She frequently accepts work as a home-based health care contractor, takes part in Girl Scouts of America activities and works with special needs children.

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100420-mirella-garcia-caple-arrest-warrant

oh awesome. another freak running around the boys or girl scouts.

prayers for this girl and her baby.

Woman Sought after Young Daughter Gives Birth

Updated: Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 9:44 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 4:56 PM CDT
ALEXANDER SUPGUL

ALVIN, Texas - It was a horrifying case. In early 2010, FOX 26 first learned about a Brazoria County man accused of raping his 11-year-old stepdaughter and impregnating her. New evidence has developed that has led to a grand jury indictment of the girl's own mother on the same charge -- aggravated sexual assault of a child.

A warrant has been issued for the mother's arrest, and investigators need help finding her.

Mirella Garcia Caple, 36, and her husband Stephen Caple, 28, lived in Alvin with the woman's children. In 2009, investigators uncovered what they call years of sexual abuse against one of Garcia Caple's daughters.

"Any situation where a child is hurt is horrible. Children trust their parents. They trust their stepparents," said Gwen Carter, spokeswoman for Child Protective Services.
From the start, CPS caseworkers were suspicious of the mother's behavior.

"Anytime we're concerned a parent may know something or may have allowed abuse or neglect, there's a great concern," said Carter.

Investigators are now concerned with finding Garcia Caple. While her address is in Alvin, she is known to have family in the Port Lavaca area. She is also known by the following names: Mimi, Mirella Caple, Mirella Garcia, Mirella Kim.

Investigators say Caple may be driving a burgundy Toyota Corolla. She frequently accepts work as a home-based health care contractor, takes part in Girl Scouts of America activities and works with special needs children.

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100420-mirella-garcia-caple-arrest-warrant

How sad. To be abused by her step father and then betrayed by her own mother who not only didn't stop it but participated in it. It says that her and the baby are with relatives. I hope those relatives are on her fathers side. It doesn't seem like the people that may have raised that kind of mother should be raising any more kids.

These "mothers" should be charged like any common pimp would be charged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back