PommyMommy, thanks for the confirmation on the general facts in this case and for providing the additional details.
The MSM information indicates Cristi Ruso was released from the Jasper County Jail on the morning of 10/20/21. Based on the arrest information she had been in jail for about 30 days when released. Cristi indicated she was homeless at the time she was arrested.
Recent arrest 09/02/21
A search on this website reveals Cristi was arrested on several previous occasions.
Based on MSM reports, after leaving the jail Cristi received rides between Buna and the nearby town of Silsbee. AFAIK, the purpose and timing of these rides has not been released. The identities of the people who gave her the rides are unknown to the general public, however local LE has interviewed the people who drove her between Buna and Silsbee on 10/20/21.
At some point during the day on 10/20/21, Cristi was seen at the Garden Inn & Suites Motel, on Highway 96 between Evadale and Silsbee. It's not clear if she was staying there or visiting someone at the motel.
Later that afternoon Cristi was given a ride back to Buna. She was dropped off in the 1800 block of County Road 777/Gum Slough Road around 4:00PM the same day. This was the last known sighting of Cristi, and she has not been seen or heard from since.
AFAIK the person/people who saw Cristi at the motel have not been named publicly. It's unknown whether someone who saw her at that motel also gave her a ride to County Road 777/Gum Slough Road later that day.
Buna woman missing for over 3 weeks
If you look on Google Maps this is a very rural area, with only a couple of homes in this block, plus an automotive repair business. Very little chance of security video in this area.
Then, in mid-December, two black plastic garbage bags containing Cristi's clothing were found on County Road 721, about four miles south of Buna. The bags were "soaking wet" per the report.
Clothing belonging to missing woman found in trash bag
So there are a number of questions in this case. Here's a few that come to mind:
- Has LE interviewed the person(s) who gave Cristi the ride between the Garden Inn & Suites motel and County Road 777/Gum Slough Road around 4:00PM?
- Did Cristi have any known family or friends living in the County Road 777/Gum Slough Road area?
- Were the clothes found in the trash bags on County Road 721 the same clothes Cristi was wearing when last seen or were they other clothes that she owned?
- Why were the trash bags "soaking wet"? Had there been heavy rains in that area recently?
- Did Cristi have a cell phone at the time she was last seen?
Since Cristi was reported homeless around this time it's unlikely that she had a cell phone, but it's possible and worth checking.