TX TX - Cristi Ruso 31, last seen @motel, bags w/clothes found on road in Dec, Jasper Co, 20 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
Dec 18, 2021 article: her wet clothes in bags. Doesn’t sound good. Reward offered, plus, Donations sought.

Clothing belonging to missing woman found in trash bag on side of Jasper County road

upload_2021-12-20_19-28-53.jpeg

[…]. Last seen . . .

on Gum Slough Road off FM 777 in Jasper County.

[…]

Now, family members tell KFDM/Fox 4's Angel San Juan that someone driving this afternoon on County Road 721 off of Highway 96, about four miles south of Buna, found two black trash bags that were soaking wet.

If you have any information that can help find Cristi Ruso, you can call the Jasper County Sheriff's Office at 409-384-5417.

Just noticed this MP case for Cristi Ruso. I haven't read anything except what is posted in this thread, so let me see if I have the general facts correct.

Ruso had been in the Jasper County jail, and was released sometime around 10/20/2021.

About that time she received multiple rides between Buna and Silsbee. She was seen at the Garden Suites in Silsbee, then driven back to the Gum Slough area and dropped off near Country Road 777. There's been no communication with or sightings of Ruso since that time.

In mid-December, a driver on County Road 721, four miles south of Buna, found two wet black trash bags containing clothing belonging to Ruso.

Is all of this correct?

Just noticed this MP case for Cristi Ruso. I haven't read anything except what is posted in this thread, so let me see if I have the general facts correct.

Ruso had been in the Jasper County jail, and was released sometime around 10/20/2021.

About that time she received multiple rides between Buna and Silsbee. She was seen at the Garden Suites in Silsbee, then driven back to the Gum Slough area and dropped off near Country Road 777. There's been no communication with or sightings of Ruso since that time.

In mid-December, a driver on County Road 721, four miles south of Buna, found two wet black trash bags containing clothing belonging to Ruso.

Is all of this correct?
Yes, and if you want to add a few more details, she was last seen around 4 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2021 wearing a t-shirt and shorts with socks, but no shoes. MOO

Buna woman missing for over 3 weeks (clothing description)

Southeast officials, family members searching for Cristi Ruso (last seen)

PommyMommy, thanks for the confirmation on the general facts in this case and for providing the additional details.

The MSM information indicates Cristi Ruso was released from the Jasper County Jail on the morning of 10/20/21. Based on the arrest information she had been in jail for about 30 days when released. Cristi indicated she was homeless at the time she was arrested.

Recent arrest 09/02/21

A search on this website reveals Cristi was arrested on several previous occasions.

Previous arrests

Based on MSM reports, after leaving the jail Cristi received rides between Buna and the nearby town of Silsbee. AFAIK, the purpose and timing of these rides has not been released. The identities of the people who gave her the rides are unknown to the general public, however local LE has interviewed the people who drove her between Buna and Silsbee on 10/20/21.

officials-searching-for-woman-missing

At some point during the day on 10/20/21, Cristi was seen at the Garden Inn & Suites Motel, on Highway 96 between Evadale and Silsbee. It's not clear if she was staying there or visiting someone at the motel.

Later that afternoon Cristi was given a ride back to Buna. She was dropped off in the 1800 block of County Road 777/Gum Slough Road around 4:00PM the same day. This was the last known sighting of Cristi, and she has not been seen or heard from since.

AFAIK the person/people who saw Cristi at the motel have not been named publicly. It's unknown whether someone who saw her at that motel also gave her a ride to County Road 777/Gum Slough Road later that day.

Buna woman missing for over 3 weeks

If you look on Google Maps this is a very rural area, with only a couple of homes in this block, plus an automotive repair business. Very little chance of security video in this area.

Then, in mid-December, two black plastic garbage bags containing Cristi's clothing were found on County Road 721, about four miles south of Buna. The bags were "soaking wet" per the report.

Clothing belonging to missing woman found in trash bag

So there are a number of questions in this case. Here's a few that come to mind:

- Has LE interviewed the person(s) who gave Cristi the ride between the Garden Inn & Suites motel and County Road 777/Gum Slough Road around 4:00PM?

- Did Cristi have any known family or friends living in the County Road 777/Gum Slough Road area?

- Were the clothes found in the trash bags on County Road 721 the same clothes Cristi was wearing when last seen or were they other clothes that she owned?

- Why were the trash bags "soaking wet"? Had there been heavy rains in that area recently?

- Did Cristi have a cell phone at the time she was last seen?

Since Cristi was reported homeless around this time it's unlikely that she had a cell phone, but it's possible and worth checking.

Still missing.

BEAUMONT, Texas — The family of Cristi Ruso's says they're doubling down their efforts to find her and they need help from the public.

It's been four months since the Buna woman disappeared.

Ruso, 31, was last seen around 4 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2021, at the 1800 block of Country Road 777 in Buna, according to the Jasper County Sheriff's Office. That is about 1.5 miles away from Business Highway 96.

More at Family continues search for Buna woman missing since Oct. 2021 | 12newsnow.com

@GuyfromCanada thanks for the update and MSM link.

Family continues search for Buna woman missing since Oct. 2021 | 12newsnow.com

I read this story, and it appears that Cristi's aunt DW gave her a ride on 10/21/21: "I didn't know the last day, on the 21st when I picked her up that that would be the last day that I would ever see her again," Wilson said."

Right after Cristi was released from jail LE said she received rides to local areas from several people. Those people were interviewed by LE but no names have been mentioned. It now appears that Cristi's aunt was one of those people.

Where did her aunt pick her up from, and was it her aunt who also dropped Cristi off somewhere in the 1800 block of Country Road 777 in Buna? If so, where was she dropped off, and for what reason?

That area is sparsely populated, with only a couple of homes in that immediate area.

Another point of interest. A couple of trash bags containing some of Cristi's clothes were found in December, 2021, but I've heard noting about that recently. If Cristi's aunt gave her one or more rides on 10/21/21, then she would know if the clothing found in the trash bags matched what Cristi had on when she was dropped off.

I've have friends that have been through hard times at various points in their lives. Some of them ending up homeless for various amounts of time before getting their act together. Those who at least had vehicles at the time could couch surf and use their car as a closet. Those that didn't would end up asking for one or more people to "hang onto their stuff for them" as they were unable to check into a shelter with anything more than what they could carry... or didn't want to risk losing everything they had while sleeping rough outside somewhere.

MOO - The person responsible for her disappearance was somebody she knew well enough to ask to hold onto her stuff until she got out. It could also feasibly be somebody in the position to "help her" in a professional capacity... LE of some sort, case worker, etc. I'm guessing whoever was holding her stuff "wanted something" in return for doing her a favor... and she either refused (or agreed and it got messy).

Just spitballing.

ETA:

Article above (12newsnow) says she has 2 children. That opens up a whole 'nuther set of potential scenarios.

Last edited:
Based on MSM reports, we know Cristi received several rides to nearby locations after her release from jail. Those people were reportedly interviewed so their identities are known to LE but have not been released AFAIK. Based on the MSM reports we know Cristi's aunt was one of the people who gave her rides, and, IIRC, her aunt was the person who dropped Cristi off on Country Road 777 in Buna, TX.

Family continues search for Buna woman missing since Oct. 2021 | 12newsnow.com

AFAIK there has been no statement from her aunt or anyone else about why Cristi was dropped off on Count Road 777. Based on maps and satellite images that area is very sparsely populated, with only a few homes near by. IMO it's unlikely anyone would want to be dropped off in that area unless you knew someone who lived there.
Those that didn't would end up asking for one or more people to "hang onto their stuff for them" as they were unable to check into a shelter with anything more than what they could carry... or didn't want to risk losing everything they had while sleeping rough outside somewhere.
This is a good point. I'm not sure where Cristi was living before she was arrested, so it's at least possible the two bags of clothing found a few months later were from her previous residence. AFAIK there are no reports of Cristi carrying bags of clothing with her after her release from jail, so these clothes must have come from somewhere else.

We still have quite a few missing pieces in Cristi's disappearance.

It would be helpful if Cristi's aunt would join WS and become a VI. We could get a clearer picture of Cristi's movements and her emotional state just before she disappeared. There are quite a few gaps in our knowledge here.

APR 28

BUNA, Texas — She's been missing for months, but her family and friends refuse to give up.

Thursday night, the Buna community gathered for a night of prayer. Cristi Ruso was last seen on October 21, 2021 at the 1800 block of County Road 777 in Buna.

Her family has organized searches in Hardin and Jasper counties, and they're working closely with the Jasper County Sheriff's Office.

More at Family, friends searching for missing Buna woman Cristi Ruso | 12newsnow.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back