Missing From: Houston, Harris County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'4”
Weight: 135 pounds
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Russ's ears are pierced. She may use her previous married name, Herrera, or the last name Carson.

Details of Disappearance
Russ was last seen at an Exxon gas station near Crosstimbers Street and Interstate 45 in Houston, Texas. At the time of her disappearance, she was training to be the manager of the Exxon station, and also driving a taxi. At 2:15 a.m., Russ asked her boss if she could leave early; she was recovering from an ear infection and felt unwell. The manager agreed and she left.

She has never been heard from again and the taxi was found a week later with most of her belongings inside it. Russ's ID holder, which was left in the cab, had been cut in half, and some Beanie Babies she had bought for resale were missing. There was no sign of Russ at the scene and her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency: Houston Police Department 832-394-1872

Crystal Lynn Russ
  • russ_crystal.jpg
  • russ_crystal2.jpg
Russ, circa 2000

• Missing Since 04/13/2000
  • Missing From Houston, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, green eyes. Russ's ears are pierced. She may use her previous married name, Herrera, or the last name Carson.
Details of Disappearance
Russ was last seen at an Exxon gas station near Crosstimbers Street and Interstate 45 in Houston, Texas. At the time of her disappearance, she was training to be the manager of the Exxon station, and also driving a taxi. At 2:15 a.m., Russ asked her boss if she could leave early; she was recovering from an ear infection and felt unwell. The manager agreed and she left.

She has never been heard from again and the taxi was found a week later with most of her belongings inside it. Russ's ID holder, which was left in the cab, had been cut in half, and some Beanie Babies she had bought for resale were missing. There was no sign of Russ at the scene and her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Houston Police Department 832-394-1872
Source Information
Crystal Lynn Russ – The Charley Project

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP78585 Crystal Lynn Russ, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact April 13, 2000
Missing From Houston, Texas

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age 25 Years
Current Age 46 Years
First Name Crystal
Middle Name Lynn
Last Name Russ
Nickname/Alias--

Sex Female
Height 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight 135 - 140 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact April 13, 2000
NamUs Case Created March 9, 2021
Last Known Location Map
Location Houston, Texas
County Harris County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Disappearance The MP drove a taxi cab and was last seen at an Exxon gas station near Crosstimbers and I45 in Houston, Texas.
Physical Description
Hair Color Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green
Eye Description--

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Someone left the following comments on a blog post of mine about this case. I didn't authenticate the individual's identity.

"My daughter had several tattoo's. On the back of her neck in about 1 inch English Script she had SMITH. She had a small heart on I believe the outside of her left leg down towards the ankle. She had a couple others, but I can't remember.
The car was located at an apartment house, that has been torn down
and I think there is a clinic there now. I don't know if the police found any fingerprints?? They had the car for about a month and tore it apart. They still have all her private belongings that were left in the car." Posted Aug 2021.

Bump for Crystal

1 Unidentified Person Exclusion
1701059392334.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member