TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by anonypotomous, Aug 28, 2017.

1. anonypotomous

anonypotomous New Member

[​IMG]

Texas Realtor vanishes right before Hurricane Harvey strikes!

Crystal Seratte McDowell, age 38, of Baytown TX was last seen around 7:30 a.m. on the morning of Friday, August 25, 2017. She went missing prior to the hurricane hitting the area.

Crystal is a real estate agent and was scheduled to show a new construction property in Crosby Texas that morning, but it was cancelled due to the impending storm.

Her black Mercedes C-Class with Texas plates HBB-6351 is also missing.

Crystal is 5’4” tall, weighs 120 lbs., has long blonde hair, hazel eyes and has pierced ears. She was last seen wearing a light pink/purple dress.
    Anyone with information about her case is urged to call the Chambers County Police Department at (409) 267-2500.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CrystalMcDowellRealtor/photos/?ref=page_internal

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. anonypotomous

anonypotomous New Member

4. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thank you to all members who post respectfully and responsibly.

Welcome to new members. :welcome:

Please take time to review The Rules (aka TOS) that Websleuths has in place:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

At all times, remember that Websleuths is victim friendly. Victims include friends and family members of either a victim or a POI/suspect/perp. Do not sleuth them or make derogatory remarks about them.

Couple of other reminders from the above rules:

:tyou:

5. anonypotomous

anonypotomous New Member

6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

[h=1]EquuSearch: Body resembling missing Baytown realtor found[/h]
    http://abc13.com/equusearch-body-resembling-missing-baytown-realtor-found/2397293/

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

[h=1]Woman's body found in Chambers County[/h]
    http://baytownsun.com/news/article_f10d3fc2-95b2-11e7-b1e6-efca1062042b.html

8. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

From Sheriff's office Facebook page.

On Saturday, September 26, the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a welfare concern for 37 year old Crystal Seratte McDowell, of the 4000 block of Bay Vista Drive in west Chambers County.

An immediate investigation began into the whereabouts of Crystal and throughout the two weeks of extensive investigation, several persons of interest were identified.

Sheriff’s Office Detectives, along with the Texas Rangers, and Attorney General’s Office Investigators, worked essentially around the clock, and today at 2:45 p.m. Crystal’s body was discovered by Chambers County Detectives and Texas Rangers in a wooded area of west Chambers County. An inquest was ordered by Justice of the Peace Precinct 6 Larry Cryer.

Steven Wayne McDowell, 44, has been arrested, charged with murder, which is a first degree felony, and booked in to the Chambers County Jail with bail to be set by a court of competent jurisdiction.

I would like to give special thanks to District Attorney Cheryl Lieck and her staff for the many hours of legal guidance and support throughout this investigation.

9. sillybilly

Please continue discussion here.

:wave:

10. TCMom

TCMom New Member

Why is this still in Missing? Should she be moved to located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Active Member

PosItive ID is still pending.

12. sillybilly

13. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I am not sure how I feel about the Sheriff putting his hand on Steve's back heading into court...
    Did he maybe known him beforehand? Just reminds me of someone with a prior relationship.

However, I DO love how the family is handling the kids.
    I think it's amazing that they were able to learn this news from their Dad.
    Though I wish it could have been done in a less traumatic setting, I'm just glad he was able to tell them.
    I'm glad that the family intends to allow him to continue a relationship with the kids as well.

Obviously, it's not ideal. Crystal should be here as well. It's horrific that she is not.
    However, it was evident that they both had a strong bond and involvement with the kids.
    So I am glad they will at least remain in contact with Steve.

I'm not sure how they will feel about him as they grow up... but at least they will have the chance to work through it, ask questions and try to forgive him for his actions.
    I do hope that the great example of Crystal's friends and family will help make this less traumatic for them.
    It is truly amazing how well they are handling the situation.

14. EmmieA

EmmieA New Member

Great post!
    People wishing the death penalty on SM should think of his kids. They still love him and deserve to have a relationship with him for as long as they want. He's not a cold blooded evil killer to them -- he's dad.

IMO

15. Leila267

Leila267 New Member

Agree it's all about the kids. Crystal loved them so much she would want them to have what they needed.

16. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

the dad didn't tell them anything. the aunt said he just cried.

17. Gardenista

Why should Steve be special?

18. EmmieA

EmmieA New Member

My thought of not wanting him to die isn't about giving him special treatment. It's about his kids. Sorry that I don't want the kids, who just lost practically everything they hold dear, to not lose their father. Haven't they lost enough?

19. Gardenista

It takes decades to put someone to death--it's not like it would happen immediately.

BTW, I am not an advocate for the DP--I disagree with it. I just don't get why people are coddling Steve.

20. EmmieA

EmmieA New Member

I strongly disagree that my thought of not wanting him dead is coddling him. Again, it's not about him -- I'm thinking of the kids. I'm not saying he shouldn't be in jail for a long time. Heck I think he should be in for life (but he won't be.) I just think it would be a huge stress for the kids to know he was going to be put to death. They have been through enough.

My opinion.

21. Gardenista

Makes sense as long as you feel the same for all murderers.