GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

The child being sold has come up as a theory in a lot of the missing children cases I’ve followed here. Is it more common than I think that children are sold? Not disagreeing this could be a viable opinion in this case, but I guess I’ve never seen it be confirmed that a child was sold and then later recovered but then I suppose media wouldn’t report the names because the child is a minor? just thinking out loud here. You could be on to something. Could this be the idea that DC is pushing that James was adopted, but really he was sold ? Who do you sell a child to ? I hate saying this but my mind only goes to sex trafficking. Is there another “industry” ( for lack of a better word ) that a child is sold in to ?
All JMOO... I don't doubt that children are sold or illegally adopted out, rehomed, etc. but in the cases here that I've followed over the years that hasn't happened.

So while anything is possible it will take a lot of evidence for me to believe a parent who has stated that they can't take care of their kid actually gave the child to someone. Parents also tell tales of the child "disappearing" from playgrounds or parks where the child is eventually found deceased and the parents are charged with murder.

Erica Parsons was not given to a fictitious "Nan," Chance Walsh wasn't given to relatives in South Carolina, Caylee wasn't taken by "Zanny," Evelyn Boswell wasn't taken by her grandmother. So why would I now believe James is being cared for by someone?

As sad as it is IMO James is no longer living and this is another case of a mother who chose to harm her child. MOO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

This makes me feel a little hopeful. Lowering the bond should mean that LE doesn't think she killed James right? Surely, if they had evidence of murder (but what about the blood on the crib sheet???) they wouldn't lower her bond would they?

Also, if they found James had been part of an illegal adoption I would hope LE would notify the public after asking for help in finding him.

MOO
They havent had any searches since shes been arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
The child being sold has come up as a theory in a lot of the missing children cases I’ve followed here. Is it more common than I think that children are sold? Not disagreeing this could be a viable opinion in this case, but I guess I’ve never seen it be confirmed that a child was sold and then later recovered but then I suppose media wouldn’t report the names because the child is a minor? just thinking out loud here. You could be on to something. Could this be the idea that DC is pushing that James was adopted, but really he was sold ? Who do you sell a child to ? I hate saying this but my mind only goes to sex trafficking. Is there another “industry” ( for lack of a better word ) that a child is sold in to ?
I don't feel like that is the case here. I do believe he is with the couple that DC told her Aunt about. DC isnt going to tell her family who they are because she stated that she didnt want James growing up like she did and having to explain who his father and grandmother are.

I don't feel like that is the case here. I do believe he is with the couple that DC told her Aunt about. DC isnt going to tell her family who they are because she stated that she didnt want James growing up like she did and having to explain who his father and grandmother are.
You think she would go to prison before letting police know who he’s with?
It also does not sit well with me that all his toys and items were strewn about with a blankie that had blood on it.
Me thinks there’s one reason that she left his items behind never to return to that home.
Moo

You think she would go to prison before letting police know who he’s with?
It also does not sit well with me that all his toys and items were strewn about with a blankie that had blood on it.
Me thinks there’s one reason that she left his items behind never to return to that home.
Moo
It was a sheet with some old blood on it. If it was his blood the courts would not even consider reducing her bail or giving her house arrest.
The sheet was found by her family first in a room that she used for storage.
It has not been verified it was a crib sheet. People assumed it was because a crib was in the storage room .
It was later stated by family that she and James slept in the room.

I am sorry...If that baby was with a couple who was caring for him, she could confide in the police and have everything sealed in court where the family cannot locate him. I wish so much that is the case, but unfortunately I have been on these threads too long and I no longer believe everything parents say. Such a sad situation. This baby and so many others deserve better.

It was a sheet with some old blood on it. If it was his blood the courts would not even consider reducing her bail or giving her house arrest.
The sheet was found by her family first in a room that she used for storage.
It has not been verified it was a crib sheet. People assumed it was because a crib was in the storage room .
It was later stated by family that she and James slept in the room.
That room that looked waist high in debris? That’s where they slept? Yikes

APR 20, 2021
'James is not with us anymore..' Family still begging for answers to missing toddler | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)

c4db75e4-bf4a-4646-a85b-32172db9bec8-medium16x9_IMG_1669.JPG
146e691f-df5e-4fd4-a6d7-877251d63018-medium16x9_IMG_1654.JPG
e0bc0017-08dc-4318-95bf-4ad255e75173-medium16x9_IMG_1655.JPG

[...]

Baby James Chairez's family is pushing for answers after a grand jury indicted his mother on a charge of tampering with evidence.

As the days go by without any sign of the one-year-old -- the family is losing hope of finding him alive.

"James is not with us anymore,” MG, his great-aunt said. “I don't feel like James is with us anymore."

[...]

"Why did she decide to run from February 22/23 all the way to March 16?" Gomez asked. "That's a lot of time away. If you're not guilty of something then, why are you hiding?"

[...]

"It just makes me sick to my stomach, what did she give them to be able to have this new charge,” Gomez asked.

[...]

Chairez's child abandonment charge is still pending. She was supposed to visit with family Tuesday but cancelled

[...]

APR 20, 2021
Closing arguments end in Sutherland Springs trial, as plaintiffs blame Air Force, U.S. government | kens5.com
[...]

The mother of a missing toddler already facing charges in his disappearance has been indicted by a Bexar County Grand Jury on a charge of tampering with evidence.

"The charge reflects that on March 15, 2021, D’Lanny Reaneille Chairez, knowing that an investigation was in progress did intentionally and knowingly conceal a child (James Chairez)," a release from the Bexar County District Attorney said. "Tampering with evidence is a third degree felony punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and a possible fine of up to $10,000."

[...]

Noting:
  • Dlanny's trial is scheduled for June 16 in the 144th District Court.
  • She was initially charged with abandoning or endangering a child but the DA’s Office replaced that charge Tuesday with two counts of tampering with evidence.
  • Court documents state she “intentionally and knowingly” concealed James from two investigations — one with the SAPD and the other involving CPS.

I'm finding it really hard to believe that there's already a trial date... aren't they somewhat just beginning their investigation? I feel like there must be so much more to do ?!
Like find baby James...
moo
A lot of courts are now setting trial dates at arraignments. Then they have case setting hearings that push the trial date out. So the trial date almost always changes.

I'm finding it really hard to believe that there's already a trial date... aren't they somewhat just beginning their investigation? I feel like there must be so much more to do ?!
Like find baby James...
moo
If it was a murder case, I'd agree with you. But, I don't think the tampering charges are going to be all that complicated. MOO

APR 20, 2021
'James is not with us anymore..' Family still begging for answers to missing toddler | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)

c4db75e4-bf4a-4646-a85b-32172db9bec8-medium16x9_IMG_1669.JPG
146e691f-df5e-4fd4-a6d7-877251d63018-medium16x9_IMG_1654.JPG
e0bc0017-08dc-4318-95bf-4ad255e75173-medium16x9_IMG_1655.JPG

[...]

Baby James Chairez's family is pushing for answers after a grand jury indicted his mother on a charge of tampering with evidence.

As the days go by without any sign of the one-year-old -- the family is losing hope of finding him alive.

"James is not with us anymore,” MG, his great-aunt said. “I don't feel like James is with us anymore."

[...]

"Why did she decide to run from February 22/23 all the way to March 16?" Gomez asked. "That's a lot of time away. If you're not guilty of something then, why are you hiding?"

[...]

"It just makes me sick to my stomach, what did she give them to be able to have this new charge,” Gomez asked.

[...]

Chairez's child abandonment charge is still pending. She was supposed to visit with family Tuesday but cancelled

[...]
She no longer has the Child abandonment charges.
It's a F3 Tampering with evidence.
Most likely documents

I am sorry...If that baby was with a couple who was caring for him, she could confide in the police and have everything sealed in court where the family cannot locate him. I wish so much that is the case, but unfortunately I have been on these threads too long and I no longer believe everything parents say. Such a sad situation. This baby and so many others deserve better.

Her case is sealed. The next hearing is in family court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back